Need Help with finding Temp Control device

MissKittyKat

Hi everyone,

Need some help with trying to find a device that will allow me to plug in a heater and turn it on and off at set temperatures.

It is cold during the nights and I want to run a heater. I want it to turn off when the temp is above 77 and on when it hits 60 or whatever I set it to. I want to find a power bar or whatever device to plug it into and program the on and off at certain temps.

Please help!

I found this online but I am not sure if it will work like I want it to http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CAP-AIR-2-Temp-Humidity-Climate-Controller-Air-2-C-A-P-atmosphere-control-/120835169753?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c22565dd9&_uhb=1#ht_2834wt_1166

from what I think it does, it I would set my humidity and temp and then plug in my heater and dehumidifier. So when the humidity goes above the setting it would turn on and when the temp falls below the setting it would turn on my heater. Is that right

thanks for the replies so fast! I will check it all out. I am not really sure what device i need. All i know is that I want to be able to put my heater on when the temp gets to a certain setting. Same for the dehumidifier.

So I also found this one...http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-Digital-intelligent-temperature-and-humidity-controller-/251158285393?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7a334c51&_uhb=1#ht_11757wt_1166

I think i can wire in my dehumidifier and my heater to this?

so thank you both for those links....the only issue i see with that box you can plug in is that its not digital and I would not really know what temp its going on and off at unless I did some trial and error I guess. But its a really fast fix for what I need! Plus its at home depot across the street from me!

thanks again.

what do you think on the links I provided. Will that do what I need it to do?

can anyone tell me if that digial temp and humidity controller will work with a dehumidifier and a heater? I assume I would cut the male plugs off the heater and dehumidifier then wire it into the controller?

I am really new at this temp and controllers and stuff. I usually use vents, fans, etc. never had to worry about heaters and humidity as it was all perfect before. Now I have to worry about it. thanks for all the help everyone!

I have a bout 100 bucks to spend on a proper controller.

Needs to turn on and off my heater and dehumidifier at set temps (turn heater on at 70 degrees and off at 76 degrees in the day. and on below 60 degrees and off at 65 at night) Maybe I am thinking of this wrong as well. Because I would want to keep a constant temp and not flux between.

So the real problem is the grow room can get to cold without a heater and to hot when the heater runs with the lights all the time. So I figured I needed something to control the temp and humidity. Since I already have several space heaters and a dehumidifier I thought I could save money and use them on a device.

What is the best solution for this problem? Maybe the way I am thinking of it is wrong with the therm plugs and controllers?

MissKittyKat, Controllers are expensive perhaps it would be easier to use timers that will turn the heater off after the lights go on and warm up the room in an hour or so? Then program the timer to turn the heater back on after the light cycle ends? The important thing to consider is how many amps the heater draws and make sure the control device can handle the load.

temperatures + humidity + co2 will equal more yield later and a busted budget now?

http://www.hydrofarm...hp?itemid=13340

wow thanks everyone for all the help.

i think this autopilot and sential evc are what i need. the c02 is not needed since i dont have any. maybe one day.

dust this would be for the area i enclosed in an attic. its all sealed off and insulated and still gets to cold and hot. so running a timer is what i do now and itsnnot cutting it.

i found some like this auto pilot above that is 200 bucks. or the sentinal. just wanted to make sure i got the right device and knew what to look for.

this site is amazing! great people everyone wants to help. love u all!

• Like 1

ok ok i hope you'll be happy with the one oldermazrine found for you :)

I always dreamed of having one of those babies too with humidity control etc.. mostly for humidity actually. Hope it will work out great for you ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...