Dry ice extraction

gonzosghost

Hi folks :)

I have a mad amount of trim and fluffy buds to do some hash runs. I've tried bubble bags and ice/water extraction a few years ago and much recently the gumby method. I'm fascinated with the dry ice method and although it generally doesn't make 'full-melt' hash I'd rather use my trim with this way than any other ;) If you can think of ways to convince me otherwise then go for it. It's in my experience that you waste a hell of a lot doing it in water but it's open for discussion :)

I have.....

40g of fluffy buds

100g of prime sweet leaf trim

350g of (still immensely crystally) pre-trim

...and god knows how much fan leaves - A lot :)

(White widow and LA cheese mix)

If anyone has any suggestions what to do with all this give me a shout, I do plan on dry ice at the moment :)

Also, anyone tried the dry ice? If so. any tips would be great :) I've watched loads of vids on youtube :)

butane extraction? ^^ haha you will probably have noticed lots of people do it this days ^^ but i gotta admit the taste of that sh*t is so damn wonderful when done properly, and so many kind to be done, honey,budder,shatter.... i'm seriously thinking about doing it for my trimm at least i'm tired of water too lolol so this time is cooking and extraction ;)

By the way made my first cookies with canna butter yesterday if you haven't cooked yet maybe give it a try it's pretty nice :D

Lots of people talk about solventless extraction, which is basically for me the same as regular extraction lolol might be mistaking there tho ^^ but anyway have a look at what nikka T does for example in solventless extraction it looks pretty damn good :) but haven't been on further research on the subject yet ^^

Cheers man

• Like 1

Thanks Dust :) Appreciate the input

I've been thinking about the cannabutter but never sure how much fan leaves to use. A lot of people use nice trim or bud but i just intend on the fan leaves and stems. There is some nice crystally stuff in amongst it all so it shouldn't be too bad. I suppose the fun part is finding out how much to use yourself...lol ;)

I never actually mentioned that I've recently tried butane with a honey bee extractor. I love the stuff but some friends I smoke with think it could be purged a bit better, unless i buy a pump and chamber I can't really argue with them :)

good yeah i remember you had put a picture of your honey no? but butane has many ways to be done and many results to try :D

for the butter i used half bud half trim cause was little quantity for first try, i used this tech was very easy ^^

Thanks man :) that's actually a really easy way of making cannabutter. I must try this :)

The butane extractions and all the variations of concentrates that derive from it are amazing and I'm definitely going to pursue it further. I'd love to make honeycomb, think it requires to sit in a vacuum for 6hrs. Also, some amberglass would be sweet of course ;)

Definitely buying a vacuum purge now...lol. All this talk is making my mouth water and Bozophs right there's not much purity involved in making dry ice kief. It's a bit of a hassle getting a hold of mad amounts of butane. I had to go round a few shops and accumulate a small arsenal of tins for the job. I'm still interested though. Will get a vacuum first for that one :)

don't forget that to do those extractions you need to use very very clean butane (like colibri,or vector or something like thatlol ) not any butane!! i prefer say it in case you don't know, if you know it's all good ^^

As Dust said, look for 4 x refined or 5 x refined is even better.

Also using isopropyl alcohol is good.

Extraction solvents explained -

Nito Hash

Extraction videos -

Thought these links would be food for thought.

Whatever you decide to make, I will be sure to like to see how it turns out.

Peace bro

Lams

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lam :) appreciate the links, their quite helpful ;)

I have done the deed...I followed through with the dry ice extraction. It was so amazingly easy. I went from having all that trim in a box to having 2 ounces of real nice kief in just 45mins! The blonde higher grade stuff I got about 25g and the slightly green 'but still real nice' kief about 30g. Here's some of the lower grade stuff pressed into 1g pucks :) I will press 'the blonde stuff tomorrow and take some more pics for you all :)...

xM51tzSl.jpg

The nug is bubblegum incase your wondering, it WAS very nice :)

• Like 1

As Dust said, look for 4 x refined or 5 x refined is even better.

Also using isopropyl alcohol is good. http://www.strainhun...o-budder-qwiso/

Extraction solvents explained - http://www.strainhun...ents-explained/

Nito Hash http://www.strainhun...how-to-make-it/

Extraction videos - http://www.strainhun...raction +videos

Thought these links would be food for thought.

Whatever you decide to make, I will be sure to like to see how it turns out.

Peace bro

Lams

i will be trying that alchohol one this grow for sure,i dont even have to buy the alchcohol as my dad uses it every day,lol

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I'm back with some dry ice fun :)

This story however starts off with a tragedy :( 2 of my Blue cheese ladies grew nanners on me at the start of week 5. Must have been one or two of those cold night's :(

Anyway... they have been dried out and are ready to rock. I thought about curing for a few weeks but decided what the hell and went for dry ice :)

Here's some pics of the action...

Materials

fPW1iKOl.jpg

kVEU8Ogl.jpg

Dry ice is crushed up and added

h3GnK80l.jpg

Leave for a few minutes then bag on, im using 160u screen

zaXyJYTl.jpg

Shake over a clean mirror, 30 sec on one area, then 30sec for another. I then shake out as much as I can in a third pile :)

z655j0xl.jpg

N957Hn6l.jpg

Scrape up the goodness into three piles of different grade

iA0iP7Nl.jpg

8fI1nehl.jpg

Grade A

YCZmTeKl.jpg

Grade B

AF368gZl.jpg

Grade C

uzZC5sfl.jpg

In the jar

sIqhPi1.jpg

I haven't had time to make pucks for you guys but I made some hash by kneeding a bit in my hand, has a very fruity smell with a smoked cheese flavour and it kicks on the way out after ripping the bong, as nice kief should :)

n7PBLJql.jpg

Conclusion...

This method cannot be matched for yield. It may not produce full melt but damn it gives you a load of real nice, smokable stuff ;) This has been a great ending to a sad situation.

Hermie to Hash :)

Take it easy folks, I'm about to go smoke this sh*t :)

• Like 3

Thanks guys :) the smoke is really nice. Surprisingly nice for trichromes that haven't matured off of buds that haven't been cured :) The smoke is creamy on the way down and sharp on the exhale, pretty standard for this stuff :) It takes your chest from you, not your throat. The taste is very sweet, like I said some cheesyness but not a great deal. Im sure the other blue cheese ladies that mature will have hash that tastes more prominent :) The high is exactly that....hiiiiigh as a mo-fo! There's a couch hunt after an hour or so, lol ;) Then I hug the pillow and think of my lovely garden :)

I decided not to make any pucks and just hand rolled small balls, I cracked one open to let you see...

5mNhKgFl.jpg

For future I would recommend Isopropyl alcohol based extraction. Check the QWISO thread.

I've read most threads here dude, thanks for the advice though ;) I do plan on ISO washing but these buds were not flushed at all so ISO would be ill advised, some would say smoking any of it is ill advised but hey ho, im stoooooooned nonetheless :)

Bye bye guys, G x

• Like 1

More pics :) you can actually burn this stuff like hash and crumble it, mmm :) Also notice the difference between the Grade A and B :)

A87ILPkl.jpg

b6b5ufQl.jpg

These balls have only had a minor roll around the palm. They will have to be kneeded with warm hands some more and left out in the air all night to oxidize somewhat ;)

• Like 1