125CFL+150HPS

sliver1

Yo

Here we go kinda update from the last grow, same rooms but covered in Panda plastic (black/white) and there is another "room" which is just a clone box on top of the mother room xD

well the mother room or ladies room measures 56cm(22inch)x57(22,4)x120(47,2)and will contain 4mothers in 14lts/3,7gallon right now it contains 4blueberries in veg xD 15cm tall 5-7sets of leaves xD the main bulb (in the reflector) is 125cfl 6500kelvin and i kept the Flourescent tubes which is 18w each= 36w and there is a CFL bulb as side lighting 20w so all in all 181w of flourescent light xD

Ladies Room

And on to the flowering room:

measures 48(18,8)x82(32,2)x100(39,3) i will try out first to do 15 clones (dam dam daaaam) in there flower from when they rooted 3rows 5in each row. ive seen people done this ... but never with... Indicas. and if it dont work i bought some 5,5ltr containers to grow in aswell xD but as it is they will be growing in a flower bed filled with leca and dirt. but for now iam just flowering 2 of my outdoor plants in there (Garden Ganster) and my White Widow(greenhouse seed) and Red Diesel(found out it was from Barneys Farm xD) the lighting is 150w hps and 36wflourescent bulb so all in all 186w light. it doesnt get warm in there i could have bought the 250w hps but i was to scared of heat xD anyways i just have a fan blowing on plants and bulb.

Boom boom room

Oh yea btw iam not sure about the strains yet xD Sativa/Indica mix D (Great White Shark, Cheese,Church,Hawaiian Snow, Arjans Haze #1 ) Indica mix E(Himalaya Gold, El Nino, White Widow, Big Bang, Cheese). Great White Shark,Cheese,Himalaya Gold, El Nino will be mother plants. Big Bang and Church will be outdoor in 2011 and Hawaiian snow, Cheese, Arjans Haze #1 will get vegged with the other plants till the room is to crowded and will then be moved to flowering.

And the plants look alittle twisted a whole shelf fell on em :(

Thanks xD

I think it will work niice. but as said earlier going on vaccation tomorrow to Amsterdam, gotta pick up some Coloured Mix'es i think xD try flowering some sativas from early stage of growth hehe.

So i wont be updating till 02/08/2010 :S

But see yall later ;)

yo yo yo !

If you dont care about my little story about going to Amsterdam skip to the next like pause thingy? xD

Back from Amsterdam ... woaw an amazing city xD expensive transport used around 130 euros on bikes and taxi :O

the smell the food the people, everyone is so nice in Amsterdam especially in the Greenhouse shop xD there was this woman cant remember the name? but she just kept on talking and talking and laughing and the second time i came in with the Great White Shark T-shirt she was double the fun talking with xD and she gave me free stickers hehe. It was also amazing seeing all thoose bredrens down there greeting them and such xD also the markeds omg xD so cool with all theese smoking acessories and such hehe you know in europe when you buy a set of some thing it is like make up or paint, but down in Amsterdam you buy bong sets xD and i just couldnt stop my self so i bought one (havent smoked from it, low on smoke :(( ) And i also bought one of them coloured marble pibes,so might do a christmas decoration this year! xD

and the probally most funny to see was high Asian people xD seriously theyre so funny listening to (btw i loove asian people xD ). the coffeshops, really not that huge an experiance but it is very nice to be treated like a costumer down there and not like a criminal. oh yea Red Light District xD didnt go there at night because ... i dont know? didnt fell like it i gues? but it isnt that huge a deal, actully we didnt see any whores ( afraid to hurt anyone now? ) but then the one day there where one, in one of the narrow streets where you walk almost against the houses walls xD and then all of a sudden there was one in underwear just right next to me, fuck i where about to crap my pants hehe gave me a huuuuge chock xD

and ofcourse the bikes, everyone says "Stay out of the bike lane!" when you are looking for some kind of guide to Amsterdam, but the truth is... "STAY OUT OF EVERYTHING!" xD seriously bikes where every where. everyone on bikes ran the red light and they drove out in the streets with the cars and on the subway(?) with the people who walked but was really fun xD

Well i got 15 seeds xD gotta be making some threads later about the other seed. What i got? well i got 5 A.M.S (just because last day i only had 20euros left xD ) Sativa/Indica Mix A (Church, Arjans Strawberry Haze, Lemon Skunk, Great White Shark, Hawaiian Snow) the idea is that Church will go outside next year and i will ofcourse make a journal for my outdoor grow next year xD Arjans Strawberry Haze and Hawaiian Snow, iam gonna save them if the other mother plants flop and ive heard that sativa clones are better to flower right away due to the long flowering period.

Lemon Skunk and Great White Shark, will be 2 of the 4 mother plants iam gonna grow xD

Then i got the Indica E mix (Big Bang, El Nino, White Widow, Himalaya Gold, Cheese) Big Bang is going outdoor with the Church. El Nino and White Widow ... i dont know? xD iam gonna plant the White Widow today directly in the soil to check what is the easiest way to grow colour coated seeds (there have been so many people complaining about the coated seeds not germinating, and some say just plant them in the soil as they are so... im gonna try that xD

Himalaya Gold and Cheese, they're gonna be mothers xD

A.M.S i have no clue xD was an impulsive buy and i only bought it because i saw them grown by a guy on this forum xD forgot his name sorry :( but he is very niice and got some good grows. its the guy with the Potting technique where you put them on top of each other xD

Oh yea... bad news... when i went to Amsterdam no one could feed or water the plants :( so my blueberries in veg almost die ... all the bottom leaves fell off :( and in the flowering room... the damage isnt so bad but alot of leaves have died off the Red Diesel. but the White Widow only lost 1 or 2? really crazy it even grew a whole lot xD and my clones (2 White Widow and 2 Red Diesel) did.... AMAZING!!! really crazy xD Red Diesel got roots, even over the soil ? xD think alittle to high humidity in the dome? and the white widow just got very small roots coming out.

Thanks for all the replies and interest !

Here we go first pictures of the grow at the moment xD

The Seeds:

If you can see it the seed have just sprouted but have around ½-1inch long tails xD

Top left= Lemon Skunk. Top right= Himalaya Gold. Bottom left=Cheese. Bottom right= GWS

The Veg Room is cleared out except for 4clones xD 2White Widow and 2 Red Diesel.

The Flowering Room got 4 plants in it Red Diesel, White Widow and 2 Garden Ganster (very common strain in Denmark hehe ). I did change some in the flowering room, i took the RD and WW out of the pots and into the "shelf bed" xD and they look fine. Only problem is... this freaking house is crawling with insects :( second time i got Spider Mites, but weird enough i only get insects in the flowering room? they seem to love 12/12 lighting hehe. By the Way this is actully my first grow in this house. Ive had many grows in my old house. But do you guys have some advice on how to get the insects to bug off? xD I dont like killing them but i do it as the final solution. I have got the insects of my plants but now i just want to insure that there is no insect hiding some where in my room. so you have a trick please share!

Funny part about the spider mites is that if i take an infected plant outside they get killed by spiders, which control the outside xD Mafia shit going on.

Got another question for you! Would you like to see Hawaiian Snow and/or Arjans Strawberry Haze go into flowering from seed or would you like to see it outside in guerilla grow next year? (cant decide xD )

Guest superbluehaze

Your plants are looking great.

I have you thought of using the sea of green technique.

It is the most efficient way to grow under lights.

I personally do not use this technique, but would if i could.

You see in my country, if you go over a certain number of plants(and the law only looks at the number of plants you have),

then, the law here, states that over 50 plants is a maximum of 15 years in prison.

Over 50 plants is a maximum of 20 years in prison.

If you have a tub, then you could plant say 20 plants in a square meter.

The clone (if indica) are veg for 1 week and then sent into flower.

If a sativa clone, then 12/12 from day one.

The plants will remain small, and each plant will yield only a small amount,

but all the plants combined yield will be better than growing individual plants as you are now doing.

Small plants are much better suited to the lights you are using. I know the law in Holland has changed too.

It is just a thought.

happy growing,

john

Guest superbluehaze

My friend.

Show no mercy to those little bastards. They will suck your plants vitality from them.

I do not muck around with spider mites, I have only had them once;

my cat brought them in,

I was in the veg stage and i hit them with chemicals.

There are a number of very safe insecticides that will get rid of them for you, and they have about a 3 day clearance.

Malathion is one and it breaks down very quickly into harmless chemicals and is recommended for vegetables.

Insecticides are about the only way to get totally rid of mites.

They absolutely take all the goodness from your plants and they will never yield well, while they are being attacked by mites.

Safe insecticides are used on food crops.

Follow the directions and precautions.

Use only the recommend dosage.

the label will tell you how long you have to wait before you can ingest the plant, usually it is only a week or so.

Double that time, and it is quite safe to use them, and malathion is very safe.

You must totally get rid of them, once and for all.

Then follow these simple rules

Change your shoes and your clothes, if you have been outside, before you enter you grow room.

Have no pets anywhere near your plants.

Watch your intake, cover it with cotton or some other material that will prevent the mites being sucked into you grow room.

The best way to deal with mites is to not get them in the first place.

You have them, so now hit them hard and show no mercy, as they will show none for your plants.

Declare war upon them.

To victory,

happy growing,

john .

The insects are gone... for now xD

I sprayed them so the budds on the " Garden Ganster's doesnt look to good :( the hairs truned brown and are not as swollen as they're were before and due to the spray the humidity got pretty high xD and then when i stopped spraying they couldnt take the heat so the leaves curled :((

Well i planted all 4mothers today (Lemon Skunk,Himalaya Gold, GWS, Cheese) they look fine xD

Good to have you aboard SBH xDD

Guest superbluehaze

One battle has been won but not the war.

The mites will be back .

The mites complete their life cycle in around 2 weeks.

No spray is effective against their eggs

with those little sap sucking bastards.

Victory is not yours yet , for this enermy can not be vanquished so easily.

As the eggs are still there, you must repeat the spraying once a week, for 3 weeks to totally eliminate the mites.

Luckily, mites have a brief life cycle.

My friend, NEVER spray your plants when they are under any form of lighting.

Never do this at any stage of their development, but particularly to do not do it when the plants are flowering.

Spray them and wait intil they are totally dry before you put them back under lights again.

Remember Show NO MERCY.

To Victory!

happy growing,

john

I didnt spray with the lights on ofcourse xD

I turned the lights off and kept spraying them totally every 3hour and i checked the leaves, cant see any sign of life nor eggs? but maybe iam wrong xD

About the indica and sativa.... i have chosen to look at it xD so now i have 2 clones in flowering (1RD and 1 WW)

The Red Diesel (RD) is more sativa then indica and the White Widow (WW) is indica. Both i put in completely darkness yesterday and they are now in flowering room in 2ltr pots( bottles, the idea i got from DrBudGreengenes on ICMag, he did it under CFL) the reason for the bottles is that how am i gonna flush the plants when they're in a bed? So bottles it is, this also meant that my roots will have just alittle extra space xD

Well time for some pics:

<-WW   RD->

<-Lemon Skunk front Cheese->  <-Great White Shark behind Himalaya Gold->

White Widow

You can see the White Widow is alittle behind the others so i would say that on this test (which isnt very good due to only 1 put in the soil and not multiple) that the best way to germ coloured seeds is the Towel method and btw the White Widow didnt crack untill the coating came off... where i needed to help alittle bit and when you germ in water and towel the coating will come off. Sure it got the Pathogen and rooting hormone and shit in the coating but the very niice lady xD in the store said that the coating will come off if put in water (she preffered this method), and they're website says that to put them in water aswell. So its pretty much a waste using the rooting hormone? xD

Well the clones in flowering are doing fine but is you can see it the Red Diesel really loves life xD its growing faster then fast and the white widow is alittle behind.

Thanks for the help with the pictures tokage and superbluehaze xD

Guest superbluehaze

hello my friend,

The eggs are very tiny, and to see them you will need a hand microscope.

good luck with your grow,

happy harvests,

john

I think thoose insects are dead. I saw some hatchlings but they just died? But iam having a close eye on them.

And i think it will take some time till next update, seedling phase... boring xD but ill post when some thing exciting is going on xD but untill then peace buddys

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Hello.

Nuff tings a gwaan xD

Growth have kicked in and they got transplanted into 5,5liter pots today (alittle early but fine xD) and also they got they're first feeding BioBizz Grow.

All except the Himalaya Gold looks fine, the Himalaya Gold looks like its retarded or something, it got some weird leaves, NOTHING DEAD. But the older leaves longer down seems fine xD And i got another weird thing, a good thing xD, its the Great White Shark that instead of 2leaves at each node it got 3 hehe so its gonna get really bushy.

Old insects dead, new onces have spawned? xD well its a different species because theese are thoose little flies, you know thoose that you get on your old fruit? well they are gonna go away soon :) muehaha.

The way i got totally rid of the other insects is 1Ladybug xD it was funny i was in the garden and spotted one so i ran inside and put it on the WW. First it was all like "WTF?!" but then it looked like it got crazy and just ran into the middle of the plant and i never saw it again xD

Well pictures (mouse over for name)

Cheese

Cheese

Himalaya Gold

Himalaya Gold

Lemon Skunk

Lemon Skunk

Great White Shark

Great White Shark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

The mothers a looking great, well... The Himalaya Gold (the handicapped seed) have been put into flowering and it have been replaced by the White Widow growing long side. The mother have been in veg around 5½weeks so still some time till i can start cloning and harvesting every week xD

Himalaya Gold (flower)

Flower Closet

White Widow

White Widow

Lemon Skunk (

Lemon Skunk

Great White Shark

Great White Shark

Cheese

Cheese

There you go xD

The White Widow and Himalaya Gold have been changed so that the Himalaya is now in 7liter pot and flowering and the White Widow is now in 5.5liter pot on the way to become a mother. All in both of the rooms looks good, in flowering the big ones (WW+RD) is yellowing and loosing some leaves :? dont know if i want to be happy or sad, because they look so sad but they're budds keep getting bigger. And in the mother closet everything is fine, some different in hight burned the Lemon Skunk alittle :(

White Widow:

26cm tall bushy at the bottom and alittle stretchy at the top , wished it could go the other way around, for more air flow. The bottom branches really stretches to reach the top.

Lemon Skunk:

37cm tall overall stretch. This could be a mix up xD because it is really sativaish you know? its tall, slim leaves and little spaces between the fingers of the leaves.

Great White Shark:

28cm tall the strongest of the lot, i wasnt able to water them an extra day and all plants dropped except the Great White so iam expecting this to give of very strong clones xD

Cheese:

23cm tall it is truly an special strain and i see why people love it already. It makes me smile every time i see, because its so little and bushy and like a little lady sitting on her butt xD it is the smallest of the lot and so very bushy that i might get problems with mold, i dont think so but i might.

hehe will maybe be changed, jus had alittle taste (wasnt really dry yet xP) but just couldnt wait xD
And the weird part is that this smoke was the best ever! really tasty smoke xD (this is the way i felt when smoking theese strains, but if you have felt otherwise fell free to comment, or just tell a story of your greatest smoke )
Red Diesel
really spicy taste that makes you hungry as ... seriously amazing xD really cottonmouth smoke you know?
And also energetic high, even though its THC should be lower then White Widows i got a more sativa high from this one, probably genetics xD this one just gave you all the syntoms you can see red eyes, cotton mouth, munchies and (some time i get this) blurry talk, i really said alotta shit hehe and people just stopped listening to me (btw i went to some drama thingy afterwards xD)
Probably a sitting with friends watching movies high (just prepare food before smoking xP)
White Widow
I was kinda dissapointed at first :( only thing i really felt at first was that it tasted milky? like you just ate yoghurt or took a hot glass of milk. But then it comes later on bam and your stoned as a mother fucker xD seriously thats when you need to relax, almost fell a sleep on the ground tihi. the high just kept rising, not like paranoid but like... you see weird shit xP and i really just sat there on the ground touching my self .. because my clothes where so soooooooft xD
This high i think is for alone time or work, school or boring friends time xD cinema or theather, just such a relaxing high.

And thoose 2 mixed xD great high get allround high and i like that.
Btw if curing is done in the freezer and not in the fridge how is it then done?

• 4 months later...

Hey...

Kinda dropped this thread, but if anyone is interested ill keep postin my "new" grow. Same technique but with 2 Sativas: Arjans Strawberry Haze and Hawaiian Snow. They both going to be mother plants, so i cut back a whole lot of branches, which will stress them for a while so i wont be cutting clones from them. But the branches i cut off i have saved in bottles of water to keep them fresh for maybe 2weeks, and if im lucky they will root wink_smile.gif They have 6 branches now where the top 2 have been topped so i will get a nice even garden, that i will be able to take clones from once a week. Iam thinking maybe one from each plant to ensure that clones will survive but i probably go with 1 from 1 plant instead of 1 from 2 plants. Well first clones are taken today, as I speak, 1 Strawberry and 1 Hawaiian. Then the plan is to have them in cloner for 2 weeks ( fully grown roots ) and then put them under 72watts Flourescent Tubes. They will receive Romberg fert when put under 72watts (7 - 3 - 6) then in flowering they will be given Bio Bizz Bloom, or something else... im kinda running low on Bloom fert hehe.

Only changes is that flowering bulb have changed to 250w Osram Planta Star and Lumatek 250w Switchable ballast ( 50%, 75%, 100%, 115%Superlumens). Mothers are still vegged under 125CFL and clones will be kept under 15w flourescent tube in the cloner. In veg they will be in 2ltr containers for weeks in veg and then moved to 3,5ltr pots.

I will be able to fit 15 pots into flowering so the 4 other pots will be for test seeds, got another thread on Exodus Cheese :)

Sum it up;

Cloner: 90% RH and 20C. 15watt Flourescent Tube. 14 Light / 10 Dark. Jiffy Pots. 2Weeks

Veg: 55% RH and 25C. 72watt Florescent Tube. 16 / 8. 2liter pots 2Weeks

Mother / veg: 60% RH and 20C. 125w CFL. 16 / 8. 7liter pots Mother Kept forever xD

Flowering 50% RH and 30C. 250w HPS 30% blue. 12 / 12. 3,5liter pots 11Weeks

On to some pics then xD

<-Strawberry . Hawaiian ->

nursing mothers. Hawaiian ->

Flower cab atm. <White Widow, Cheese, Lemon Skunk>

Guest superbluehaze

i think there is a salt build up in your medium, it is only slight, but your plants are suffering because of it;

they suffer because water is being drawn out pf them, rather than being drawn into by osmotic pressure.I would flush really well;happy harvest,john

THX Tokage xD

And superblue if your talking about the flowering room there is not a salt buildup up spider mites... all most all killed again but that had enough time to suck out alot of the juce :( Hope i can buy some organic "water-in" insecticide, know any? xD

• 2 weeks later...

Some time since last update.

This grow is really going to get some changes xD

All my clones have failed? They still alive but normally i got roots at this time. They just kinda rot up, they get all weak then bend over and then the stem gets mushed like potato. Any body knows what could be wrong? Also the Arjans Strawberry haze died :( I dont have a single clue? i think it died of low oxygen, so i have mixed more clay pebbles into the soil for it to air up. Since last update 2 sets of clones have been taken so i got 6clones now (only need 3):

IMG_0580.jpg

Havent got a picture of Hawaiian Snow, but i caught one of Arjans Strawberry Haze before it died, look leaves

IMG_0582.jpg

the problem have spread to the other mother, Hawaiian Snow. And iam now pretty close to go buy some new seeds this really sucks....

But follow the problem in my Exodus Cheese thread

http://www.strainhunters.com/portal/content/sliver1-exodus-cheese-14-01-11#comment-13788

Heres a pic that can make me smile alittle :)

Early flowering cheese, Greenhouse quality.

rsz_img_0588.jpg