Germination - dark or not?

adeyren

Hi guys, just germinated my FIRST ever seeds (5) roots appeared in 2 days. This was done with the paper towel method in the dark and warm etc. Just put them into rockwool cubes. Do i still keep them in the dark or not and for how long?

Thanks Tokage, good point bout the mat. I have noticed three of the seedlings seem to be shy bout poking their heads out. Have actually got my growing tray on top of a wall mounted electric water heater that is on 24/7 although it only reheats approx 2 x 30 secs periods an hour, have drilled holes in the top of it so i can regulate the heat currently 26.2C. its free heat and perfect for initial germination. Will get a small fluoroscent tomorrow and mount inside a cupboard prior to putting them in my NFT tank in the grow area. Criticisim most welcome LOL

post-19653-0-18719300-1358970839.jpg

post-19653-0-35200900-1358970841.jpg

post-19653-0-95026100-1358970842.jpg

• Like 1

I just tryed 3 times to just put in the seeds and they are in starter smart pots i fond that what i put in the smart pots they cost 2 dollars a pieace and my seeds germinate in a couple of days i put in spagnum and a little bit of peralelite and put warm water on them keep the pots moist an i put them by my space heater at night and cover them with a plastic bag which i put over the entire pot for 3 days and i have had a 100% rate of germination,no problems the plastic keeps them moist after i take off the plastic bags they sprout in at lease 3 or 4 days everytime,after i turn on my regular lights 600 watt hps because my other 7 plants are in bloom,i put them under a seperate 400 watt cfl first,then after a week they are strong and time to use the 600 watt hps a little further from the 600watt light they form perfectly. i got 3 going so far then i have 2 to 3 more weeks of bloom then i will stick them inside the tent they will be big and strong enought to be able to handel the larger watt lamp, an then my bloom should be done by the time i give my babies the full light,but i will change lights to a 600 watt mhl light i have a duel ballast,so then i can start to veg all over agan,but this time i will grow all of my plants organickly this time,the seeds im germinating now are from a strong kush strain.i find this is the way to do it for me for the time being but it does work