EC & PH Run Off Soil

MADWEED

Hello everyone

Can someone please explain the EC & PH runoff test after the plants have been fed ?

Today i fed my plants with EC 1.8 and PH6.0 - which is the correct feeding guide from House & Garden and i am using there house and garden bat mix soil

So i thought i would wait and check the run off and was surprised to see the EC 7.2 and PH 4.9

Does this mean i have over fed my plants ?

Or Is this Normal to have such high EC and low PH on run off or do i need to look for a RUN OFF of EC1.8 & PH6.0 and feed them alot lower dose

Thanks

To explain quickly basically, if your girls are in perfect health and feeding schedule, when you look at the water of your runoff, it should be more or less the same as the one you have putted to water, we can authorize some little diference like .5 to 1 eventually would be pretty normal. If your girs is overfed and don't eat everything salts will start to build up at the bottom mainly of your pots, which will give you the high ph and trouble to eat due to the PH having problem stabilizing at good level. all in all they can't eat as much as they should ^^

But damn no 7,2 is far from being normal. alittle more like 2,5 wouldn't have been to bad but there 7 is wayy too much!!

You need to flush your plant pretty quickly, and don't be shy on water there give them at least 2 times amount of the pots if you can! the more wtaer you can give it ^^ And let them dry really good and maybe again hard water after the flush, don't know it will depends on how your plants will look in a week.

Hey Dust, i just taken the EC & PH of plain water into a small pot of soil of H&G bat mix soil and the EC 2.8 & PH 5.5 - i did this with no PH down or food just plain water in soil

So do you think the nutrients needs to be about half the recommened dose, im abit unsure now how much to feed going in then to want comes out ?

thanks

so 2,8 is the EC running out when you give only hard water??

Did you flush before looking at your runoff again? Bat mix often are pretty strong soills that you don't need to feed during begining of the grows, your overfeeding might come from here?