some errls i have made in the last couple months. Always nug runs, nothing else

heathenshashoils710

I am an extract artist out of the US. I have been working on extractions for about a year now. When I was in Amsterdam last April I tried an O2 isolator at the Bluebird Coffee Shop; I was immediately fascinated by these extracts and set out to gain the knowledge I would need to become a hash maker. Now that I am working on perfecting my purge methods for different textures etc. I am learning how to grow so that in the future my product can come directly from me. I run fire trees right now and know that starting material is the most important thing to any extract artist so I hold my standards high and hope to rise up in the field in the future. Let me know what ya think. Thanks and much love to all!

PS. I will be posting a gallery featuring all my extracts later on so you should drop by and check it out!

post-19147-0-79058000-1360621545.jpg

post-19147-0-00509600-1360621584.jpg

post-19147-0-07062700-1360621603.jpg

post-19147-0-79382600-1360621961.jpg

post-19147-0-86845600-1360621999.jpg

post-19147-0-95411600-1360622047.jpg

post-19147-0-48581600-1360622059.png

post-19147-0-42995700-1360622104.jpg

post-19147-0-51482700-1360622119.jpg

post-19147-0-35684500-1360622137.jpg

post-19147-0-50908100-1360622151.jpg

post-19147-0-02603100-1360622167.jpg

post-19147-0-60891900-1360622192.jpg

• Like 2

Hey man thanks for sharing those pics! always love to see some nice extractions pictures!!

So tell us a little more you do only solvent extractions or you do some "solventless" like they call it now ^^ the first pics looks a little like it :)

And love the color on the last piece of shatter i guess.

What butane do you use? what kind of tube to extract? don't be shy throw your infos :)

• Like 1

As of right now my main focus is butane extraction, however I have also dabbled in dry sift pressed hash as well. (but not nearly as much as I extract bio) Making "solvent-less wax" or full melt is next on my list of goals for extraction methods. I have had very limited experience with full melts due to where i'm located but the taste of them is amazing and I can't wait to pursue that. I use Vector butane at the moment, it's clean and gives great results however I am looking forward to being able to get a closed system extractor as I am not a fan of releasing tane into the atmosphere and look forward to making the switch to n-tane. But For now Vector is my fuel of choice. (i did pick up a couple of cans of newport last week in las vegas though so maybe it will sway my opinion) My extraction tubes are stainless steal turkey basters from bed bath and beyond. I have two and a half and if you fill all three it holds an ounce perfectly. The darker pictures was due to my experiments with different heats while purging. So yeah all the pics above are BHO extracted. I've gotten to the point where I can make the different textures that people like, I prefer shatter (the picture you were talking about of the shatter was my favorite slab I ever made! Beautiful coloring on that one.) But can also make wax, sugar, and honeycomb. I use a 2 stage 3CFM vacuum pump to purge my oils. Any more questions I am more than willing to share with my Strainhunters fam! Oh I also make edibles so be on the lookout for deliciousness from me on that forum soon too! :beach:

sounds nice man thank you for the extra infos :) I've read some very good thing about the Newport, some people swear only by this one, will be nice to see if you feel a diference as you have done a few runs already with another one. Vector is common some of the one we see most often with colibri i think ^^

I hope you'll manage to handle all the technic nicely and share some nice pics with us, i'm interested in the amazing melted stuff they mak in solventless too, nikka T and bamf have some pretty tasty things for the ye don't know how the taste is tho would love to give it a shot :)

good to hear for the vacum pump too i see you already go a nice little setup, i heard glass or pyrex was one of the nicest to extract what you think about that?

thanks guys appreciate the support. As far as glass extraction tubes they work the best as far as not worrying about impurities however, The rapid and extreme temperature change when you are extracting along with the pressure of the tube can at times shatter the glass extractors. If you go glass make sure that it is borosilicate "pyrex" so it gives some added protection to those two variables. If you go metal tubing just be sure to get food grade Stainless Steal as it does not contain impurities that your solvent will extract. I use stainless in my extractions because that was what was available in my region when i started processing. As I am always investigating health concerns and the like that are associated w/ improperly purged oils as my wife has some medical conditions that make me strive just a little harder for excellence than most, i was poised to make the switch to glass but then I met another processor who had been working with boro tubes and has had two shatter on him so I will stick with my stainless until I read that it is unsafe to do so. So far though in both cannabis forums and scientific forums I have no evidence that would lead me to believe that it would be harmful in any way.

• Like 1

you're right to use stainless i've heard it was one of the safest too, and yes for the pyrex rather than glass i had read that too :)

I know Mr.X (our photographer like to use carbon filter at the end of the tube, do you do it too?

no dust I have not tried the carbon in my tube like Mr. X. I have seen his setup on IG and I was very intrigued. I hit him up with a couple questions about it as I had not ever heard of anyone using it, but I am having a friend design and build an extraction tube with a second chamber for carbon like mr. X does. He is still the only person I know of who is rocking that setup and I am very impressed with the outcome of his oils! And Safety First is always my motto with solvent extracts so I am very impressed with his use of the carbon for additional filtering of contaminates. I could definitely pick his brain for awhile with questions about how he does that!

haha well check around the forum there are 1 of 2 of his article and advice on oil making, not really sure where they are anymore so can' t link, tell me if you don't find ^^

And with a little luck he will step in the post with his big shoes and answer your questions ;)

Tokage- Thanks for the compliment. For all of the pictures above with the exception of the last one (the most beautiful slab I ever made very proud of that batch) my setup was a "Pittsburgh Steel" brand hand pump break bleeder. It could get you to about 27.5 Hg so the process was very time consuming usually around ten hours or so af vacuum purging that way. To get the golden amber shatter like that the key is to go low and slow, keep you oils just hot enough to stay in liquid form but thats it. Any higher and you degrade terpines and run the risk starting to vaporize the thc. I keep my water bath at about a 120 degrees fahrenheit or about 49 degrees C. If you want to up your experimenting i suggest getting an ifrared thermometer to use to keep your oil temp at an exact level so you can keep your temp on point for different finishes. If you want that really hard shatter though just keep it low and slow. Now I use a two stage 3CFM vacuum pump, my chamber is still the good ol mason jar though. I'll have a professional one here soon enough though. Gotta spend money to make money haha. I will post my complete oil shots collection this afternoon, along with the strains for each batch. I will be sure to include my setup. If you have any questions on extraction I am more than willing to share with everyone. this is a great forum, I have gotten a lot of help with my grow so I have no problem helping you guys out. I don't feel like I'm getting screwed lol. (or that I may be mistakenly helping some idiot kid do something where they dont take the precautions and blow themselves up.) I would just post a picture of my setup i am running now right on here but I can't figure out how to upload to a thread from my computer. So I will get that up for you guys this afternoon and if you have anymore questions just just ask.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...