parabolic reflectors

UKherbsman

yeah i know those ones but like i said it's for the vertical bulbs grow, we don't often see grows like that on the forum ^^ i know in states they use it a lot..cultural thing i guess ^^

Thanks for sharing

Yo hey dudes, here's my 2p's worth....

I have used a variety of shades over the years looking for the best to suit my needs and i have found Parabolic to do just that!

Parabolic's = Great Coverage and with the vents at the top and the vertical bulb the heat escapes easy thus being able to have your shade closer to your ladies.

It all depends on what you want it for, if you have that size space but you just want 1 huge giant bitch then i would probably go for a diamond shade or something similar they have less coverage but more intensity. Where as i was doing 4-8 plants in a tent that size and i was using a 400w parabolic soil setup getting around 3-4oz's per plant and that was when i was first learning.. i have since upgraded to the slightly larger parabolic shade for the 600w i use now.

I know when i was reading about which shades to buy there was a lot of good pages out there which break down the lumen charts with the spread etc you should be able to find some with a lil search.

Me myself i cannot fault them, I'm sure other people will have there views.... this is just mine :) just remember to read and think about which would suit your needs best... as what might work great for someone may not be great for another!

Sorry can't be much more help but its late and i need to sleep......... 1st post this year i think..... damn i've bin slack!!!

Peace!!

• Like 2

Cool man, have a lil read up on other shades too so your sure you have got the one for you!

For the size's the 80cm is for 400w and the 100cm is for 600w. If i was you if you are going to use 400w i would go with the 80cm if not you will have better coverage with the 100cm yes but you will probably lose more lumens i would have thought. Someone may correct me though...

Like i said though have a read up and see what you think.

PEace

• 3 months later...

One huge bitch and there great but multipal plants, not so much. The light is focused to a paint about 3 ft dead ceter from center point. Mostly reflects heat focused to a point while a lot of light escapes out of the sides as the bulb is aimed that way. If the sides of the shade dont extend below the bulb, basically recessing the light deep inside the reflecting chamber than whatever part of the bulb extends below the reflector is lost as far as the reflector goes. Also heat is not manageable with parabolics. It would be better to hang your light slightly extending below the canopy. Heat can then rise instead of reflected to a point.