Best strains for querilla type grows in cold climate

microtron

What would be the best strain candidates for cold climates for querilla style growing (not taking much care of them at all, so they should do their own with dry periods, in poor soil (dries quickly, can get to acidic) only at the start can one stabilize the soil Ph), there would be no fertilizing etc. You imagine the climate to be similar to the most coldest places in Canada, also like in South-Finland, Russian north part, and Northern Sweden. Nordic climate is this called in short.

You can put plants out somewhere in mid May and let them grow till mid October (but it's risky as weather can go very bad like raining everyday for a week or more so it must be very mold proof). I know from other Nordic countries experiences that there can be good strains and there is.

But of course it should have a good yield, smooth taste and with strong effects. I know I want so much - but this thread is about the best of the best strains ever breed for North. I have heard good words toward querilla gold (Canadian strain, should be quite rare, at least it was about three years or more ago. I think the strains that are doing good in Northern Canada or in Denmark (if they finish there like in mid September, than it means they would finish here in early to mid October-it depends on many factors). But still the key worlds are: mold proof and growing in bad soil without any care. So I think the best would be if they would finish here in early September as than there are not much rain. Also the yield is important and the effects. There is no point to grow weak weed in it's effects.

I also know that Middle-East and North-Africa landrace sativas do pretty good in cold climates. If you have something to suggest, please do so, or suggest me some old threads, different magazine articles, etc. It's all welcome. Thanks to all.

I live in front of Finland, but don't mention my country in this thread as this can be find via google search engine and my country is really small.

If you live in cold climate area, tell me about your experiences with different strains or if you have a thread about it here, just let me the link.

i ain't nordic so i'll let the nordic talk i know we have a few ;)

I often hear about the Typhoon from danmark i think beeing good for your nordic climate, you will also find on the forum one of our member made a guerilla grow with lots of diferent nordic strains it's hanging somewhere around, probably in outdoor grows, or grow journal..

But no watering, very, and no nutes, and big yeilds i'm not it will work lol ;) nice taste yeah, big yeild..to be seen i guess with the perfect strain it will ;) does it exist is another question haha ;)

Good luck man

Good luck man

church and himilayan gold maybe? decent resistance

Thanks, I'll start looking info about those strains.

And to Dust: Yes Typhoon was originally developed in South-Sweden, I have seen this strain pics and those plants are pretty big, but I don't remember if they were indica or sativa dominant, probably still sativa. To bad I canceled than the seeds swap. I did grown some Lebanon strains than and it was one of the best autumn in regards of weather, Only a bit of mold I got.

I have seen original first generation gurilla gold in Canadian querilla style grow , well there was plenty of plants and they were so nice and early bloomers.

Maybe things will go differently, but as this is an open forum, I can't say any details. But in reality I really need a strain that would do without watering. One thing is when you grow near a lake or river and you have a water pump, another is when you don't have no water source and try water hundreds of plants only using your hands. It's possible, but all those tracks that are left and it takes so much time, just to much. Another thing is soil. I can fertilize it, but this kind of soil is bad, it dries so quickly.

Is there somewhere a site how farmers grow cannabis or hemp, theres no difference in commercial amounts. I'm very interested in what soil they grow(around the world) and watering (in many places you just don't have any water, plants need to handle it). As I'm sure you don't find mexicans 50 000 plants log somewhere in deep forest.

Also is there a thread about technology for querilla style? like micro-drones for scanning area and alarm systems multiple miles before a grow site. I was told about 10 years ago if you need things like those than you have a bad spot, but I think he forgot we live in age of technology and war on drugs.

well we've talked about some security gear sometimes in the middle of a thread, but don't think we have a special security guerilla thread, a member had a talk not long ago about his movment detector camera and lighting must hang somewhere not far ;)

And open one if you wis that way we'll have it now ;)

for the soil used by the farmers, watch the strainhunters expediton they sometimes talk about it, mainly chicken and cow shit with wood harsh and they let the soil rest between grow, but you need a not too bad quality at the beginning still..

you'll find around the forum too some infs on the water gel cubes, you might know about them already, they keep and realease water slowly when you're not watering, seems a not bad thing but o big scale i guess it's not really possible.

good luck man

Sounds like your grow window is June to start of sept ?

Personnaly i would go for autos, start indoors in may then out in June. Big pots for each if you dont want to visit alot maybe 4 to 5 gallons with some insulation on top like rocks / pebbles to keep the sun off the top soil. You could put some water gels/crystals in the bottom half of the pots that would help but you would have to visit to feed and nurse the babies, the more love you give the better the yield !!! If you want to do as little as possible do the 60 to 70 day autos like GOM and supercritical auto they finish quicker than the bigbangauto by 20 to 30 days but saying that the BBauto is worth growing as the effect is stronger IMO

Grow a good selection of autos, i dont recomend smoking the same auto all winter !

There are some 120 day Super autos you coould try ?

Id love to see an auto grown inthe arctic circle in 24 hour day light ! Hook me up Bro !!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think Himalaya gold,Big Bang,AMS and The Church are very good strains for this clima...also all the Skunk genetics works very good...

For a huge result it's better for u to find genetics with a short flowering period,because the flowering process needs sun light and a low level of humidity ;)

I've had great experiences with 2 strains vom DP seeds... Frisian Dew and Durban Poisen. They are not the strongest ones but they are fruity and rly beautiful! I can highly recommend both strains for your outdoor guerilla action... You don't need to care about them at all... Try it ;)

• Like 1

If there is a drought any plant needs water or it wil be ccrippled or wither away. But usually they can take up to 10 days hot sun easily when they get a massive flush from the heaven's above. If you want guerilla style choose 3 or more locations grow a few plants from 4 to 6 weeks old, just about to flower and plant them in middle of june / end of june. That leaves you with a full 2 month of hot sun and if that ain't enuff 4 to 8 weeks till the first frost comes.

You got plenty of time to grow them out and if one spot is busted you still got 2 more chances .. Don't plant too early and check 2 months later to see the results. Without doing anything chances they are all gone are high.. snails, deers or rabbits eat them, pests etc. can harm them; if exposed they get stolen etc.

You expect to harvest without much labor, this concept rarely works in life..lol

• Like 1

I have been searching for strains that work in my climate which is wet, drizzly, overcast and wet again. Ireland is not known for its amazing summers but I think I found some strains that might work well here. They were created in Denmark and finish in September below 60N. Hybrids from hell is the company. Have a look lad, might be what ya need.

• 6 months later...

I can suggest Swiss Erdbeer if u can find a real clone u will be amazed :)

And everything from Darwin Seeds thy got very strong and good breeds

I grew all of those in the alps and all of them at least once where even standing in first snow and were not impressed by it ;)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well not really it is a cut of a Green Hornet Swiss Erdbeer and this is just a swiss Erdbeer x Swiss erdbeer Mutant  ;)

It indeed still is a nice herb but no comparisant to the original sadly..

btw the white strawberry skunk is again another swiss Erdbeer x Swiss erdbeer Mutant so again a stepp further from the original

• Like 1