best value coffeeshops in amsterdam

chaz82

Hi fellow smokers I'm off to Amsterdam next Friday as a group of 3 couples.I'm looking for the best value coffeshops in the central area as often most of the shops sell the same product at diff prices thanks for reading any responce would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

It seems the Grey areas has pretty good weed, the Greenhouse Coffeeshop of course ^^ And Green place had pretty nice weed when i went. Bulldog i really didn't like what i tried and saw, but some of their weed is said to be good.. and barney is worth a shot tooo they have some nice girls on catalog, i had some good weed at the Blue bird too i think, but it's a little further from the center.

Enjoy man lots of good weed and hash in almost every coffee you just have to know which one in each coffe that's the hardest part lol ;)

I have listed my favourite shops and favourite weed and hash in various shops before, but if we are talking purely about quality/value ratio I really like:

1 - Dampkring2 H'Straat near GHSC

2 - Bushdoctor x2

3 - Greenplace

If we only talk about quality then Greenhouse on H'Straat, Amnesia on Singel, Barneys and Dampkring2.

I love the quality and selection of strains in GHSC, but from my words above it seems Dampkring2 takes my first place for the quality and cost combined competition. They do some great strains, classics and new age, the interior is great, really classy. The digital scales show through the counter and they will do 1/2 grams, €5 bags, whatever you like which is great as only want one or two hits on each strain, the. To try another. They aren't tied to any breeder and so have great stock from DNA, Sensi and whoever they want. I have even bought Lemon Haze in there, although only as an experiment as we know there is only one place to go for SLH!!!

If you fancy a bike ride or a train/tram journey, go and try some of the shops in Haarlem city by heading west for 5 miles (ish) on haarlemmerstraat. Willy Wortels, Indica and Sativa are three good shops owned by Nol Van Shaik. Great shops, great stock, good prices and a taste outside the tourist trap.

Exodus Please

• Like 1

Thank guys I was over last year but as i said too many to choose from .during my last visit the nicest smoke I hade was amnesia haze from hunters it was a tad expensive but by far the best smoke I have experienced ever.I like a nice flavour to my smoke aswell as a nice high but find it difficult to find smoke that suits my needs as I have to be one of the fussiest smokers out there

• Like 1

Cheapest i found was Elguapo - Bluberry for 7.50 euro very nice smoke for the cash, and only 10 mins from central station, also hill street blues very reasonable , behind the grasshopper and close to China town. Happy smoking

• Like 1

1 e hulp if u like hash varietys and gd weed n bho........ offcourse greenhouse.....poppeys got some gd cheese n kush varietys......137 cafe if u like cheap but gd cured amnesia haze and some kushes........voyagers if u love dna and reserva privada and one of my favs i always pass by is prix d amie their chef makes awesome burgers and they got a nice bluebrry nad cheese and some excelent dr grinspoon when i was over in dec.

• Like 1

Exactly England I wasn't to impressed with the liberty haze the chronic and the amnesia haze and big Buddha cheese were probably the top 3 on my last trip.heard nothing but gd things about Dr grinspoon might have to try some.sshoverrated imo would also like to try some sogouda hopefully there us some on a menu someplace

• 1 month later...

high times coffee shop was a top contender for me, really sound staff, nice setting, comfy and chilled. great weed and hash, really fair price, mako haze was 11 euro I think and was amazing. Greenhouse is really cosy, the one with the gift shop next door, great weed. Bull dog was good, cool staff and relaxed but busy, watched the football their and had a few joints, the super silver haze from there was not as good as from hightimes but that could be batches rather than the usual. Betty boops is really well priced. especially if you like hash, really sound bloke worked their, went through the whole menu, the highest grade hash was 10euro then we got maroc select which was wicked and 8 euro a g or 35 for 5 I think, too more to choose from one was mazai-sharif which was 4euro or 5 for 15. Their was the cheapest I saw, and the smoke was pukka!

Dust said how it is :D Grey area is a way to go cause they sell a lot of DNA and reserva privada Strains and the Grey area LemnSunk is famous for example :)

The Greenhouse is very nice as well but not cheap ^^

Barneys Farm allways is a way to go for the BlueCheese and the green Spoon may some old blue Velvet and the day is perfect :)

But i have to say the best is just t walk in the city and test what pleases your nose and ur Eyes

Have fun

• 3 years later...

...... An update on my opinions....

im a veteran weed traveller and Amsterdam has been my most visited place for 20 years.

im going to improve my post above with a few of my Amsterdam top 3's:

Top 3 environment:

1- GHSC - H'Straat

2- Amnesia - outside on Singel

3 - Barneys Uptown - H'Straat

Top 3 weed quality

1- Bij/Boerenjoengens 

2 - 1eHulp

3 - grey area/GHSC/Easy Times

Top 3 price:quality ratio (5g deals etc)

1- Best Friends 2

2 - 1eHulp

3- Easy Times

NB. Bij and Boerenjoengens are dispensary style with very little smoking space, but quality and experience worth experiencing.

Exodus

• Like 1

I think you missed The Kashmir Lounge. Nice interior-old school Type and one of the top spots for imported Hash. My go to place was around the corner of the Lounge. A tiny place mainly for locals was Het Carbouters-walls painted with these fairy tale dwarves helping people with their work. Strictly dutch spoken. Top notch Neder Hash and local weed for goedkoop prizes. Not sure though if this is still active after the laws got stricter on coffeshops in town. Located half way from the old Heineken Browery and Jordan and the Vondel Park.. Another redlight district for locals next to Het Carbouters.

You can take the Tram number 9 to get there. Just get out before the bridge over the broad canal. There is an Avendverkoep on the left hand side when you come from direction CS or DamRag. It is a bit too far to walk. The aerea there is very nice anyway.. So check it out once you went to Haarlemer Dijk/Straat and the old Red Light(not much of the original red light action/windows left..)

EASY TIMES and the BLUE BIRD were also destinations on my way into town - Leidse plein andFlea Market/ China Town.

• Like 1