just started germination got a question

kris00

I started 10 kalash's 10 S crit and 5 churches. soaked them 24hrs then put them in a " bio-dome" soilless spongy medium and a heat mat under the tray soaked them saturday put them in sunday its thursday 1 s crit is poking up. have them under Floresents 3" above room temp 23 to 25,I can see a few coming but not many its been 5 days should I be worried or just need to be patient? I've done everything perfect water is not cold probably about 26 to 27 is that to warm do i need the heat mat?

yes the water at 26° is too hot man try to keep water around 20 22° For the room temperature it seems all the rest too, so i think with a little patience they should come ;) where did you order?

I unplugged the heatmat have in a humidity dome 2-1.5meter florescent lights one a grow spectrum one cool white lights 3' above the tray room temp 24to27c plgs are moist i can see down in the holes about 5 or 6 are poking up but not to the surface out of 29 seeds it's been 5 days scince i pulled them out of the package are things still ok? be patient or should alot more be sprouting? I've kep't it between 23 to 26c everything good but maybe the water a little to warm for 4days should things turn out ok any advice please

five days is nothing you have to worry about yet, don't water them too much let them dry just a litle between each watering and they should come soon , unless you got some real old stock but usually attitude is pretty fresh as they sell quite a few ^^

• 2 weeks later...

i have read that the germination is faster when the ambient temp is over 25c, i personally put them in moist rockwool or rootplug? and in dark plastic box to prevent drying, around 28c and get very very fast results. ive seen them come up in under 48h

just be patient sometimes it can take long time depending on seeds

• 3 weeks later...

I can attest to that. I just started my first Cananbis grow (I've grown other vegetables before) and I put 4 random bag seeds in a cup until they drowned (10+ hours). Then I put them in a damp paper towel in a plate coverd with a bowl in a shelf. One day went by and nothing happened. Then I learned that warmth and humidity is where life thrives. So I took the plate and put it on top of my Xbox for warmth. 2nd day morning first seed popped. I planted it into fox farm organic soil. 2nd seed popped the night of 2nd day. I planted that as well. So just from my own first time ever experience which may not count for anything for you experienced growers, I would also agree that warmth is required. I'm not sure exactly what temperature I had as I don't have a thermometer, but I made sure it was not too warm/hot but slightly above room temp. My room temp is in the mid 70s F so I made sure my paper towel germination tray was in the mid 80s F (just by feeling it). 28C/82F sounds about right for fast germination. Can anyone else confirm or disconfirm?

I start mine straight in the soil, after being soaked for 24 hours, all seeds from decent seed banks have usually sprout within 24 to 48 hours, but as Dust has said not to worry about 5 days, good luck with your grow. Cheers Tastynugz