Great white shark

maxgoekint

Hey,

I've been wondering when my Great white shark plants should start flowering outside...

I live in Belgium and according to the Greenhouseseeds website my plants should be harvest ready by end of september the thing is ; they havent started flowering yet (no buds, hairs have been there for some time now somewhat 4 weeks i guess) So I've been wondering if they will actually be ready by end of september ...

I've added a picture of the plants (am quite proud of my first grow :P)

Attached files plant_0.jpg

Guest samuelo

Hi

It may be that there is still enough daylight at this time for the plants to go into flowering mode but each day now we are receiving less light - sun is coming up later and going down earlier - so your plants should flower accordingly once the daylight hours go down - so within the next few weeks you should notice some flower development

Hope this helps

Yep, it's all about the daylight hours: less than 12 hours of 'em and they start flowering. I live in the Netherlands and harvested early October last year - guess it's about the same this year.

It's gonna be quite a harvest though, by the looks of your Ladies. Jah bless.

shades_smile.gif

nce plant(s)? how many are there? xD very beautiful

Well the problem with late flowering could ofcourse be that you sit on that lovly terrace of yours taking a blow or reading or something. The light you might have on can disturb the flowering of the plant, also street lights. Also the nutes can slow and speed up the flowering use something with high P and K (you know this man xD). And actully all sort of stress can slow the flowering and the weather. The weather can also disturb the flowering of all plants. Did you also receive all the water? because in Denmark its crazy shit man xD 13cm of rain in 2days :O

Very nice plants there Max, I live a bit further north than you and the daylight hours here are just getting to 15h light, none of my outdoors are showing signs of flowering yet either - they will flower eventually but be vigilant if the weather is damp and rainy constantly at the end of september as mould could set in (my automatics got mouldy in July !). Check them daily if its rainy.
I hope mother nature sorts you out a fat sack of green !

im considering placing a plastic sail diagonally attached to the wall so they kinda have a rain and windshield just trying to figure out which plastic stops the least sun of coming thru... also would it be a good idea to place a few fans under that sail to increase air circulation at all times to stop the damp etc?

another idea would be to make a "tent" that lets no light through and fits up against your wall. Then you can put it over them at say 6pm every day until it gets dark and that would force them to flower, stop doing it when the daylight hours reach 12h !

Maffro is right, but i don't think if u would really need it. You could see hairs already, so it is in turn, but you live norther than weed is really recommended outdoors, therefore you have longer days during the end of the summer and it makes the whole process a lil longer. But the point is that you'll have them ready, cos as i know you don't have too early frosts. In case you want to fallow Mafro's plan, you should start it a litle earlier, around the 5th of august. This way you can also prevent the girls to be pollinated, the sooner your girls in bloom, the less likely to become seedy! Some extra P can also help a bit, but they seem to be in a good shape, so don't think it wold be necessary!

in weed we trust!

Dunno ..... to me, growing outdoors (contrary to indoor growing) ain't about control. What you need outdoors, is patience and love and trust. And some good luck, of course.

But I'm sure your ladies will do real nice in the flowering department by the end of September.

Hexx has the right attitude ! Its a fun thing to do and its a little exciting, its like a box of chocolates you never know what your gonna get (well i dont anyway) ! Pick a date and plan to chop it down on that day, if the weather is good and the forecast also leave them a bit longer just be carefull with mold.