my next gen tent upgrade

budman1988

HI everyone

I am currently trying to create the best grow conditions with my very small grow area, this is what i plan to do.

i currently have some of the list below but am going to buy many new upgrades next month.

equipment:

DR60 grow tent ( 60 x 60 x 180 )

euro 100mm extractor fan and euro filter ( for bringing new fresh air into the tent )

rvk 125mm extractor fan with pro filter ( taking the air out the room )

magnetic ballast with ajust-a-wing reflector 250w

EC + PH multi reader

digital thermal reader with humidity reader

MH 250w bulb ( for veg )

dual spec 250w bulb ( for the whole stretch duration during flower )

fully high pressure sodium 250w bulb ( for flower after stretch )

6" air fan ( blowing plants )

7" air fan ( blowing light )

30L square pots

canna terra pro plus soil and perlite ( 75/25 ratio )

GHS powder feeding

canna boost accelerator

canna PK 13/14

digital timer for euro 100mm fan set 1hr before lights on and 1hr after lights out

the other fans will be on 24/7, i plan to use all 3 types of HID bulbs as MH is best for veg given the blue spec, with the dual spec bulb i think in theory that having both red and blue at start of flower will be enough to boost the flower delay and not give off too much stretch and when stretch has fully stopped using the full sodium bulb would be best giving the higher red spec to hopefully get the most out of flowering.

COMMENT PLEASE AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :) PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE MISSED ANYTHING

well don't see naything you could add to have a better start lol, maybe a heating pad for germination but it's not necessary, that list seems nice to me ;)

Good luck man

Sweet :) Yes will be wicked when i get it all, i just wish i could do it on a bigger scale like a 1.2m tent but given the law here its a risky one :banghead:

does anyone have any information about my theory with all 3 types of HID bulbs.

my theory is that MH is veg because of the blue spectrum, switch to dual as its both a blue and red spectrum during the first 2-4 weeks of flower to keep the stretch at minimum whilst giving the plants enough red then switching to completely sodium bulbs designed just for flowering to give the most to the plants during flower.

is this worth it do you think or not really?

any help and comments on this will be great :)

For the 3 bulbs if you have the money to do it yes why not do it, if you're a little low on money, MH and HPS will do the job nicely too. What did you plan to use for tecnique to grow? like mr.negative said if it's reagular grows 30L is little big for your room ^^

For the ECmeter Mr.neg i can see an utility to it it's when you need to check yyour runoff before doing a maybe useless flush ^^ but for sure you can grow without it

Ec who need that if u following the datasheet on nutes... Better invest that in 400w and good ventilation. :) 30 liters in that space i dont see this, better use smaller and do scorg witch 250w is maded for. Take longer but u get max aviable from it.

but doesn't the water count a certain EC percentage or is it just the feeding?

Yes my bad again haha god knows where i got 30ltr :girlcrazy: i mean 18ltr pots haha way off lol.

i checked everything else and i made no other mistakes lol.

i tell you know i would love a 400w its just im a bit para with anything past my wattage just incase fly overs see anything suspicious

For the 3 bulbs if you have the money to do it yes why not do it, if you're a little low on money, MH and HPS will do the job nicely too. What did you plan to use for tecnique to grow? like mr.negative said if it's reagular grows 30L is little big for your room ^^

For the ECmeter Mr.neg i can see an utility to it it's when you need to check yyour runoff before doing a maybe useless flush ^^ but for sure you can grow without it

Well with my light being a 250w the bulbs are quite a good deal :)

im planing on doing sort of what im doing now with my WL grow ( grow the plants to around 6" them start to LST them, trying to aim for around 10 main colas per plant ) i sort of have the hang of the technique with this as i found that LST the main stemand letting the side stems grow just a bit above 1" taller than what the main stem measures at so they would be roughly level when i ditch the LST ( if you get what i mean lol )

i know it may seem a bit much for that little room but with the space being small anyway i dont get any light going to the bottom anyway so might aswell try make the most out the plants.

i plan to do this LST untill first signs of flower.

i want to use MH all the way through veg

use dual spec untill the stretch has stopped for atleast 4 days

use sodium for the rest of flowering

:D

• Like 1

Sweet :) Yes will be wicked when i get it all, i just wish i could do it on a bigger scale like a 1.2m tent but given the law here its a risky one :banghead:

I've got me eye on the 120x120x200, just need to persuade the wife it is a must have. Just grow in the cellar at the moment but have a handful of plants in last week or three of flowering and it stinks, hence having the carbon filter on my mind earlier. Just need the 500 euro ! Hopefully by the start of Autumn ready as plan to grow outdoors to save cash over summer!

• Like 1

I've got me eye on the 120x120x200, just need to persuade the wife it is a must have. Just grow in the cellar at the moment but have a handful of plants in last week or three of flowering and it stinks, hence having the carbon filter on my mind earlier. Just need the 500 euro ! Hopefully by the start of Autumn ready as plan to grow outdoors to save cash over summer!

haha you got the dish duty for the summer then lol, keep your eye on the goal and earn some brownie points and get that tent :) lol

what do you plan to grow for the summer outdoors?

but doesn't the water count a certain EC percentage or is it just the feeding?

Yes my bad again haha god knows where i got 30ltr :girlcrazy: i mean 18ltr pots haha way off lol.

i checked everything else and i made no other mistakes lol.

i tell you know i would love a 400w its just im a bit para with anything past my wattage just incase fly overs see anything suspicious

Of course it heave it own, but buddy u watched the expeditions for example, do you really think they can afford stuff like that in africa or something, and look how amazing stuff they got. Its ok, but not necessary to grow happy plants. Cmon, know dude with paranoia and he got 600w, and 400 mh, he was switching it off when helis fly by.

Remember to train plants when they thirsty for water they more flaxible then liek russian balet dancers. ;)

Of course it heave it own, but buddy u watched the expeditions for example, do you really think they can afford stuff like that in africa or something, and look how amazing stuff they got. Its ok, but not necessary to grow happy plants. Cmon, know dude with paranoia and he got 600w, and 400 mh, he was switching it off when helis fly by.

Remember to train plants when they thirsty for water they more flaxible then liek russian balet dancers. ;)

thats true but not for indoor growers, for people in poor countries growing usually have been growing for generations so the conditions are well suited without the need for all the tech that we would need.

but saying that the indoor grower would grow more bud that the outdoor grower with the same sized plant and strain and would be more potent that the outdoor grower ( said by arjan himself ) but the taste is no were near any good as the outdoor.

as i live in the uk having all the tech i need to grow efficiently is essential in trying to avoid as much mistakes as possible.