New Innovative Hash Making Methods and Ingenious Ideas

I know the title suggests that I myself have these innovative ideas but I've just started putting my brain to these things recently and have only a few thoughts for you :)

This thread is for any plan or idea for making any hash or oil. BHO or ISO, bubble or jelly and all the other vast array of waxes etc. Any new techniques that you incorporate into the current process to make it easier, all that sort of stuff ;)

Seasoned pros please feel free to tell all to your fellow 'extractionists' (A new term maybe? ;)) about any tips and tricks of the trade, sharing knowledge is something that we are all here for. We have all joined the family with that craving for cannabis information I'm sure :)

Anyway, my idea is to use a cafetiere to extract some ISO or even make bubble with the screen plunger. It may take a few runs to properly filter though. I have yet to find out the micron size but it looks pretty good ;) I know you cannot shake it and you may not want squeeze it down too hard when ISO washing. I have heard of people not shaking and just stirring so this should do quite well. It just seems easier to stir, plunge and pour instead of messing about with sieves etc. Im not saying I won't use coffee filters, I may have to but we will see ;) Gonna do it today or tomorrow, I will let you know ;)

4VcN57Ul.jpg

• Like 1

hi man, yes nice idea for the ISO extract, i don't know if it would work for bubble as the tricomes tend to go at the bottom and on those cafetiere the filter pushes toward the bottom, so i don't know if the trichomes would go through, best way is to try i hope you'll tell us how it worked ;)

Also for the iso be careful maybe on the products used in the gear, make sure the chrome is not some cheap painting on poor shitty metal mixture, i don't know how this would react or hat would be extracted from it during extractions..perhaps nothing lol ^^

Anyway nice thoughts man thanks for sharing, i'm thinking on some little things too but i don't have enough time to try anything, and this months aren't gonna change this it seems lol ^^

Best of luck!

hi man, yes nice idea for the ISO extract, i don't know if it would work for bubble as the tricomes tend to go at the bottom and on those cafetiere the filter pushes toward the bottom, so i don't know if the trichomes would go through, best way is to try i hope you'll tell us how it worked ;)

Also for the iso be careful maybe on the products used in the gear, make sure the chrome is not some cheap painting on poor shitty metal mixture, i don't know how this would react or hat would be extracted from it during extractions..perhaps nothing lol ^^

Anyway nice thoughts man thanks for sharing, i'm thinking on some little things too but i don't have enough time to try anything, and this months aren't gonna change this it seems lol ^^

Best of luck!

Yeah, I had the same thought about the trichs floating to the bottom as opposed to up but I could maybe pour in crushed ice and water give it a good stir around for 5-10mins and then place the plunger inside. I may then turn it upside down and slowly pour it out as I plunge, allowing the trichs to come out :) Just a thought but I will have to test some techniques :)

Thanks for commenting as usual man :)

yes could work :) You could also start tiring with the plunger already at the bottom, so this time instead of stiring the water out in the end of the process, you will stire the leaf material out, culd be nice and actually confortable to make multiple washes on the material :)

yes could work :) You could also start tiring with the plunger already at the bottom, so this time instead of stiring the water out in the end of the process, you will stire the leaf material out, culd be nice and actually confortable to make multiple washes on the material :)

That's why I like you my friend :) Never shy to a new idea or modification :) Thanks man, will try this ;)

• Like 1

Well id like to share a technique used by a friend to quickly collect the trichs from his trim.

• The following is a cheap and easy way to make your own powder hash from your leaf/trim better known as keif (keef keaf ) I came up with this setup one night as I was getting high and eating some Pringles, before I was using a bulky coffee can that required two hands, this setup that I'm about to show you is much easier and preferred by me.

Note: there are several methods of doing the exact same thing, however this method is most convenient for me.

Ingredients,

What you will need is,

1. At Least Half a Brain.

2. Some Weed - leaf/trim (big time growers are able to use straight bud) this method I use trim.

3. Pringles can with lid (also able to use tennis ball tubes, basically what ever you can come up with to make work)

4. Some weight to break up the weed as you shake ( I use 4 quarters - one dollar, seems to be around the right weight and is easy to keep track)

5. Old T-shirt (cotton preferred, also able to use, silk or panty hose better known as silk screening)

6. Cutting tool - Sharp knife or razor blade (to cut out lid)

7. Rubber band (for securing the shirt to can, or you can just hold it)

8. Scraper of some sort (old phone card works great)

9. Clean smooth service (large piece of glass, or mirror works well)

10. Surgical mask (totally optional) you will notice lots of particle floating around and I'm thinking it's probably not a good idea to inhale it, if you do not have a proper mask you can always hold your breath, no really use another T-shirt, Scarf or something you can rap around your mouth and nose, if you must shake holding your breath be sure to breath in from your nose and out from your mouth when you do breath, bottom line is try not to breath so much of it.

Step 1. Take the lid of your Pringles can, or whatever you decide to use, cut out top but be sure to leave a slight rim, after you cut your lid make sure it fits back on the container snug without slipping through, it's going to have to fit over the shirt.

Note: it may take you a few attempts, so you may want to have several containers and or lids on hand.

• Step 2. Take your T-shirt, or pantyhose and cut out a small square or circle approx. 10" by 10"

• Step 3. Get everything ready as in your glass, bag of weed, container, lid, t-shirt, rubber band and weights.

• Take your weed, approx. amount shown in image bellow, quarters and put them in container (be sure to remove big bulky stems) place the shirt over top of container, put on lid and once the lid fits snug without slipping off rap the excess of the shirt around container securing it with the rubber band. (or you can just hold it)

• Start shaking down to the glass, repeat this process as many time as it takes for the amount you want, after shaking for a bit you will then see the glass covered with powder, scrape the powder into one pile with the scrapper of your choice (I use old phone card) you will want to remove the little foreign particles such as hairs/fuzz, you can do this with a magnifier or with your eye, after doing so you can store your powered in a film or pill container .

• End results, ready to smoke, you can smoke the powder by sprinkling a little over some trim to keep it from falling through wasting it, or can compact the powder by over lapping a couple of sandwich bags, placing the powder in the middle wrapping the bag around shaping it into a ball, after twisting tight place the pall into a vise of sort, or place under heavy object (washer or dryer works good) let it sit for at least 24 hours, the longer the better.

After 24 hours or so remove the now flatten ball, take off the wrapping, pinch of a chunk and enjoy!

If you are worried about waste, try the following method,

Take a five gallon bucket tie a shirt around the top making sure the shirt hangs down the bucket approx. half the bucket length, clean a bunch of weed (stems and such) put it in the shirt/bucket then start breaking up the weed by mashing, moving it around with your hands/finger, the particles will fall nicely into the bottom of the bucket.

You won't waste as much and you are able to do lots at a time. if you are lazy or don't have much time, you could always use an old rotisserie machine and a coffee can, although I've never tried this method, it's out there, if interested do a search.

.:UPDATE:.

Poor Mans Keif Compacter!

Wrap & Roll Into Ball, place under one leg/peg of washer let sit for at least 24 hours, be sure to shake enough so that you have some powder to smoke while waiting,

I have pics to go with this which i will upload once i find out how.

Hope this helps someone.

Bom.

• Like 1