Germinating the right way

jonaslr

Hello guys.

I've been killing 2x afghan kush and 2x sweet mango, all autos wich is an very effective way to waste your money, but a sad way to waste your seeds aswell, so i wanna get it right this time.

The one of the afghan kush was fully caused by my interest for helping it to the top, a thing i wouldnt recommend anyone.

The three others i gave 10 days to come to top, but they didn't show up. So i started to dig in the soil and i found them, all moisty and pretty much like an overcooked potato. I've been watering the plugs several times while they have been seeds, so i think this is the reason why - they didnt really need it.

What should i really do when im putting seeds in plugs? i ofc. germinate first, to make the whole thing go a little faster, then i water the plugs and make the hole a little bigger, should i then squize all the water i can out of them? my plugs r' just like root riots, swampy.

Thanks in advance guys.. a thing so simple can fail in so many ways :P

I think i got it right now with some awesome help from ninja n' atrox.

#1 You can probaly kill your seeds faster with too much water, than too little.

#2. Drip water from bottom or 10ml shooting max 2 times a day.

#3. Squize water out when putting seed in.

Or you go for an easy way. Just take one of the Small Alcohol gasses ut uf Jiffy of what u prefeer. Soak the Medium Squezze it out till its not to moist, then u put it in the Glass and put some pastic foil on top and make it airtight. You will nerver again waste ur seeds u wil not need to water ur seeds whats just a pain in the ass and its sick easy ;)

• Like 1

Or you go for an easy way. Just take one of the Small Alcohol gasses ut uf Jiffy of what u prefeer. Soak the Medium Squezze it out till its not to moist, then u put it in the Glass and put some pastic foil on top and make it airtight. You will nerver again waste ur seeds u wil not need to water ur seeds whats just a pain in the ass and its sick easy ;)

My problem is really not the germinating, its from placing the seed with its roots in plugs, till it comes up :P

Why ? just pull the teed in ? ^^ Or ur putting em on wet cloth before planting? if u do that i have to ask why the Hell do you do that? ^^ they are coming 99.9% germinating if u just put them in a jiffy and hod moisture ;)

• Like 1

Why ? just pull the teed in ? ^^ Or ur putting em on wet cloth before planting? if u do that i have to ask why the Hell do you do that? ^^ they are coming 99.9% germinating if u just put them in a jiffy and hod moisture ;)

Yes i put them in wet cloth before planting. I have no good explanation for that. :) so what you say is i can just make the plug wet, squize it a little, plug in the seed, cover it with some plug soil and then just not water it too much :)?

Yes this whole wet cloth thing is a thing for all the ppl who cant wait ^^ but if u do it the chance of problems is much higher than if u just put the seed in a plug.

A really good trick is what i told u with the glass and the plastic foil if u do that u wont need to water them at all till they are ready to transplant ;)

• Like 1

Yes this whole wet cloth thing is a thing for all the ppl who cant wait ^^ but if u do it the chance of problems is much higher than if u just put the seed in a plug.

A really good trick is what i told u with the glass and the plastic foil if u do that u wont need to water them at all till they are ready to transplant ;)

I see, i really think thats the best for me right now, i dont care about the speed, i just want the succes rate lol. ;)

The thing with glass and plastic foil isnt it the same result as having a mini green house?

Well its decided, i just put'd 3 seeds in wet towel this morning, ill go home and pull them right into the plugs instead.

^^ sure the glass is quite the same but in mini greenhouse u will need some sort of perlit bedding under the plugs to not to have to eater them ;)

Nice i hope u will report ur successrate :)

good luck

• Like 1

^^ sure the glass is quite the same but in mini greenhouse u will need some sort of perlit bedding under the plugs to not to have to eater them ;)

Nice i hope u will report ur successrate :)

good luck

Your tips r' amazing. Having some stones and crushed leca under there, i think that will do the job ;)

well seems you had a nice solution or 2 already ^^ hope next time you'll make it right, but basically it's like ninja and atrox said, not too much water and patience ^^

and Vertox solution is really nice too, i see a few people germinating this way and it does seems to do a really nice job :) i think you still need to refresh the air sometimes when doing this, once a day or once every 2 day maybe. but probably not obligatory ^^

Good luck man

• Like 1

well seems you had a nice solution or 2 already ^^ hope next time you'll make it right, but basically it's like ninja and atrox said, not too much water and patience ^^

and Vertox solution is really nice too, i see a few people germinating this way and it does seems to do a really nice job :) i think you still need to refresh the air sometimes when doing this, once a day or once every 2 day maybe. but probably not obligatory ^^

Good luck man

Since my last overheating of the kalashnikova i have cut 2 holes in the mini green house, to let it refresh some air, but i'll still keep that in mind ;)

for me the paper towel method has allways sounded like a bunch of nonsense too and i also recommend to skip it, it is just one extra step and chance to mess things up, the small taproot that comes out starts to dig into the paper immidietly grabbing it with small microscopic hairs and when you remove it you are doing damage that the bare eyes cant see, have a look with microscope. it is in its most vulnerable stage at this point and we should not touch it at all at this critical moment its trying take a holding on what ever it can grab and you wanto it to grab on the medium that its going to stay on

im doing it in very similar way with vertox and have not failed a single one with this way. usually i soak the seed 1-4h first. make the medium(rootplug thingys, straight in 100ml of soil, rockwool) moist put the seed about 2-3 times as deep as the seed is tall 0,5-1cm (i think this is overlooked often and the proper height is very important factor in the first days of its life) and put the plug in large plastic bin or plastic bag so it doesnt dry put it in bathroom corner that is somewhere around 27c usually its germinated in the first 24h and i see it pop up from the soil in next 24h no need to water the seedling if you keep it in sealed enviroment