TREATING YOURSELF EXPO 2013 - TORONTO, CANADA

Mr.X

WOW!! What an awesome post and a great expo!! It is great to hear that you guys enjoyed your time here in Canada and the expo so much..and that Canada/Canadians gave you guys such a warm and deserving welcome :):biggrin: My wife and I had a blast at the expo and meeting Franco and Mr. X. in person was the icing on the cake!! Getting to shake hands, talk for a few minutes and being able to thank them in person for helping me start as a grower and for all of their incredible work made my year for sure!!! Thanks guys for taking a few minutes our of the madness to say "hi" :) My heart was pounding, my hands sweaty, my smile was massive and I actually felt at a loss for words lol...but hope I managed to get my appreciation across to both of you :) Thanks for being so easy to approach and talk to guys :) I have a picture that my wife took of Franco and I that I might post in my next journal once I ask his permission, and also picked up a Strainhunters t-shirt, some Big Bang Auto and El Nino seeds (El nino were free with the purchase of the Big Bangs!! :biggrin: ), 3 wicked posters, Powderfeed samples and a lanyard...plus a bunch of free stuff from other booths, but nothing as good as the Greenhouse booth.

I hope even more can make it next year..DUST!! lol I hope the trip home went well..and sorry to hear about your border troubles Simon and Mr. X..I hope they weren't too big of assholes :P

Peace

• Like 4

WOW!! What an awesome post and a great expo!! It is great to hear that you guys enjoyed your time here in Canada and the expo so much..and that Canada/Canadians gave you guys such a warm and deserving welcome :):biggrin: My wife and I had a blast at the expo and meeting Franco and Mr. X. in person was the icing on the cake!! Getting to shake hands, talk for a few minutes and being able to thank them in person for helping me start as a grower and for all of their incredible work made my year for sure!!! Thanks guys for taking a few minutes our of the madness to say "hi" :) My heart was pounding, my hands sweaty, my smile was massive and I actually felt at a loss for words lol...but hope I managed to get my appreciation across to both of you :) Thanks for being so easy to approach and talk to guys :) I have a picture that my wife took of Franco and I that I might post in my next journal once I ask his permission, and also picked up a Strainhunters t-shirt, some Big Bang Auto and El Nino seeds (El nino were free with the purchase of the Big Bangs!! :biggrin: ), 3 wicked posters, Powderfeed samples and a lanyard...plus a bunch of free stuff from other booths, but nothing as good as the Greenhouse booth.

I hope even more can make it next year..DUST!! lol I hope the trip home went well..and sorry to hear about your border troubles Simon and Mr. X..I hope they weren't too big of assholes :P

Peace

Hey man :) Glad to hear you had a good time :) I could probably approach Mick Jagger with a cooler head than when approaching Franco, Arjan, Simon and the gang. Not surprised your hands were sweating, haha :) They are unknown to so many across the world but yet absolute superstars to us strainhunters :lol: My friend seems to think if we meet them at some point they will chat, smoke a joint and discuss the plant in detail with us but I have tried to tell him that the Strainhunting gang are incredibly busy guys and if we get a mere hello from them we should count ourselves lucky ;)

Im not an envious man but hey...you seemed to have a better day than I, lol :)

• Like 2

Thanks Gonzo my friend, it makes me feel better to know others in my situation would have been just as nervous!! You said it perfectly..if I saw Mick Jagger in a crowd and the GHSC crew at the same time Mick would have to jump outta the way so I didn't run him over on my way to say "hey" to the GHSC crew LOL..no offense to Mick or anything :P I will tell ya that they were pretty well known at the expo, if I had not gotten there an hour after it opened Saturday, and pretty much speedwalked to the booth I woulda had to fight through a crowd of people to get a "hello" in even. I would have loved to have met Arjan as well but he was speaking with someone else at the time and I would not dream of interrupting the King of Cannabis :) I might have even wet myself had Franco suggested sharing a joint so it was fortunate he did not LOL..but it would have probably been the moment of my life had he..there was sooo much going on and they were understandably busy..as it was I had to go back a 2nd time to get the picture because in my star struck state I didn't even think of it the first time :P:) Ahhh too funny..Arjan, Franco, Simon, Mr. X..and all the GHSC crew, I know you guys put your pants on everyday one leg at a time like we all do, but still...shit guys..what an honor and a pleasure. My wife and I already decided to start saving $$ for judges passes next year because it's VERY worth it!!! :biggrin: If anyone has every considered visiting Canada and/or Toronto, and want to actually meet the GHSC crew, I HIGHLY suggest hitting up next years Treating Yourself Expo here in Canada..it's more than worth it!!

Hell, lets get a big Strainhunters crew together, hotel is right on sight, it would be the party of the century!!!! :biggrin::preved: I'm serious..and Dust, you had better be there!

Peace

• Like 3

Thanks ghonzosghost for the welcome and well wishes - i met quite a few canadians and others planning strain hunter trips to some far out and wacky places - its really not as difficult or dangerous as its sounds and its great that the movies seem to be encouraging this.

I completely agree man, the movies have really inspired a generation of growers to save the genetics of the world :) Although here in Scotland however, we don't have much landraces, lol ;) My other home is in the hills of Southern Spain, about 1.5hrs from Malaga. I will have to fill the hillside with some GHSC genetics next season when im out :) You guys can come see some more Spanish acres of powder feeding, lol ;)

Anyway, take care man, it's a pleasure to speak with you, good luck on future hunts :)

Peace, Gonzo :)

• Like 2

Glad to hear you had a great time smokey :) I hope you got some nice pictures for us too ;) And next year maybe i'll be here and we'll meet :)

Thanks Dust! It was almost as cool as the frost on Mr. X's macro pics...or his female butt shots hahaha..nice call :) I have a few pictures I need to upload from my iphone when I get the chance but they are no where near as good in quality as the official ones from Simon and Mr. X. tho..lots of blurry shots taken by the wife who confiscated my phone because she was fascinated by the glass blowing lol.

It would be an honor and cool as hell to share some bud with ya and say thanks in person next year at the show...I mean your basically always there with something helpful or positive vibes..very cool brother :):ok:

Peace

• Like 2

Thanks a lot to comment family!! sorry for not updating more but for personal reasons I have been able, I hope to put a few more videos and photos. It was a great experience and very pleased to have Simon at the event, looking forward to returning next year, cheers!

• Like 1

Awesome :) Thanks for the pics dude. See you bumped into the UrbanGrower :)

Glad you guys had a great time :) Don't worry about not updating as often, hope life is returning to normality after whatever issues befell you :)

See you on the next live thread, it's been good fun keeping up with your exploits :)

• Like 1

thanks bro! yeah they are bad boys XDD jejejeje! there is all really big, was nice fair, hope in the next u will be with us!! ;)

Another video of the artist working..

• Like 3