Aspirin In The Garden?

Aspirin In The Garden?

In looking for new ways to make simple improvements in the garden, I’ve come across quite a bit information on using Aspirin in the garden to trick the plant into thinking it’s under pathogenic attacks, therefore forcing it to take action making itself more hardier.

I haven’t come across many cannabis related reads regarding this info, but I’ve come across quite a few tomato related, and other plant reads citing that aspirin is a great tool in the garden. After some consideration, I’ve decided that I’ll be giving this a try just to see how my plants like it, and I will be sharing the results that follow.

Below I’ve compiled a list of links that I’ve found useful pertaining to this matter.

If anyone has had any first hand experience here, please do share as I had a hard time finding info on this matter pertaining to cannabis.

Most of the stuff is pertaining to tomatoes but I figure the gap between the two isn’t that drastic, so I’ve shared it all.

I’ll be giving it a run here in the next few days at the rate of 243mg(3 weak aspirin tablets) per gallon, and then using that solution as a foliar just one time!

Around all of the various forums, you can find lots of great info indeed, but even more bad info I feel like, so I’d really only like a response if any of you guys have any experience with aspirin in water, rather than just what you may have heard or read somewhere else on the internet.

It’s a shame that everything on the internet isn’t exactly fact lol.

Would make things SOOO much easier!

I’ve been looking for info regarding using Aspirin in the garden for a couple days tho now, and decided I’d go ahead and post about it, in hopes that someone has tested this already!

Like I said though, If no one has, I still will and will share my results!

Informational Links

The Aspirin Gene Via Science Daily & Cornell University

Aspirin In The Garden Via Washington State University

Aspirin In The Cannabis Garden According To Wikibooks

Ehow On Plants And Aspirin

Aspirin Review Via Unversity of Rhode Island

Aspirin In The Garden Accoring To FineGardening.com

Aspirin In The Garden via GardenGuide

Aspirin And Organic Tips Via TheMindfulPrepper

Videos

(1)Youtube Video For Making Aspirin Water

(2)Youtube Video For Making Aspirin Water

Cheers!

post-26357-0-44800400-1371712745.jpg

hi man, i haven't tried it personally sorry, but i remember we had a talk somewhere on the forum about it, i would not be able to tell you when tho lol but i remember we did and i think some of the members had try it ^^ I hope they'll pass by here and if i ever step on the thread i'll tellyou;

Meanwhile thanks for sharing your links it seemed at the time like a nice topic indeed, don't think i'll ever use it cause i don't trust pharma lol ;)

Have a good day

• Like 2

hi man, i haven't tried it personally sorry, but i remember we had a talk somewhere on the forum about it, i would not be able to tell you when tho lol but i remember we did and i think some of the members had try it ^^ I hope they'll pass by here and if i ever step on the thread i'll tellyou;

Meanwhile thanks for sharing your links it seemed at the time like a nice topic indeed, don't think i'll ever use it cause i don't trust pharma lol ;)

Have a good day

Top of the morning to ya brother!

Sounds like a plan about getting that link if you see it again! And no you're welcome! Just trying to go ahead and try things to see what I like ya know?! And what the plants like! I feel like I'm pretty dialed in after 3 grows, so I've gotta keep looking for innovative ways to improve in the garden, and I feel like this might be one of those ways!

I've post the topic on another forum too, so hopefully I can get some answers sooner, given the traffic is a little slow around these parts(which i enjoy more)!

But hey, I don't trust pharma either lol. They're ALWAYS in it for the money.

Weed isn't legal in the US federally, largely bcuz pharma companies have yet to find a way to patent it and make money off of it...

Sad thing it is....

Enjoy you day too brother :cool:

• Like 1

Well......

Just gave the Aspirin spray foliar! Lets hope that the girls don't show any adverse effects!

We'll see in the AM wherther or not if they liked it, and just how much so! :cool:

Fingers crossed :pioneersmoke:

Dust and the rest of the world, we have officially found a keeper!

The plants absolutely LOVED it! They've even taken on a darker, deeper, healthier look!(They look lighter in these photos as they under the 4x6500k T5VHO bulbs)

Leaves are laying out perfectly flat as well and the canopy of main colas is setting up VERY nicely

Note to all: this is like a once a month thing! Not a once a week thing!

The dose I used was one that I got from the links above, which was 3x81mg tablets.

I crushed them up and put them in a gallon of water and let them dissolve for about 20 minutes, shaking the gallon jug from time to time.

post-26357-0-45057000-1371839460.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for sharing man :) with all the things you tried on those ladies you are lucky most of the things were finally nice things haha ;) but thy indeed look very nice! don't know if aspirin is involved but it seems from your point of view, yes :D

Have a good grow man keep on sharing ;)

• Like 1

It's definitely involved brother(the aspirin)!

Had my buddy come over to take a look just to make sure I wasn't tripping and seeing things. He was here the day before and they day after the foliar and said he noticed a big difference!

Give it a shot one day just for the hell of it :)

I wouldn't wanna be that guy telling ppl to do things that'll kill their plants lol!

the active ingredient in aspirin salisylic acid occurs naturally in willow bark and people have made ''willow water'' from it for a very long time to root cuttings better the bark has also indolebutyric acid that also acts as rooting hormone and stimulant

there is evidence backing up the benefits of the salisylic acid but some of the claims have no backing and there is not much study data to read about it on different species, some consider its better to make the willow bark water than to use aspirin water to avoid overdosing + you get the indolebutyric acid also.

• Like 1

the active ingredient in aspirin salisylic acid occurs naturally in willow bark and people have made ''willow water'' from it for a very long time to root cuttings better the bark has also indolebutyric acid that also acts as rooting hormone and stimulant

there is evidence backing up the benefits of the salisylic acid but some of the claims have no backing and there is not much study data to read about it on different species, some consider its better to make the willow bark water than to use aspirin water to avoid overdosing + you get the indolebutyric acid also.

Yep! That's all in the links in the OP brother(regarding your first paragraph).

Regarding your second one, I guess it all comes down to what you have access to and what your personal preference might be tho right?

I'd definitely try steeping some weeping willow bark and apply it as a foliar if I could find a tree to get bark from...But it's easier for me to find aspirin

And I don't buy into ppl's opinions very often(unless I ask), due to the fact that human error is prevalent when it comes to this trade.

For example, I think it's pointless to grow a plant indoors and not to train it while many ppl just prefer single cola plants. That's just my opinion tho..Just like whoever might consider it better to make willow water rather than aspirin water ya know?!

I'm on of those guys with the mindset of "if it works from someone else, it should work for me". If not, too bad lol, I tried!

But to be safe, use 3x81mg tablets per gallon of water and you will not overdose. Anything more I can't say for sure :cool:

haha yeah i don't think you'll be the one that kill other people's plants ;) it for sure must have had a positive impact, i know it's been a tip that hangs around for a few years already so must be a little true ;)

I will for sure give it a try sometime, for the moment i have no grows so can't try ^^ but it's something i will do :)

Thanks for sharing your experiment

• Like 1

Cheers brother :)

Somethings are a must try lol like this for sure :) Something you say hmmmmm....Nahhh, I'll pass on that on haha.

I don't plan on doing it again for a while tho as I've read that spraying it often is a technique some ppl use to effectively reverse the sex of the plant according to Ed Rosenthal.

During that tecnique thought, you need nearly double tho dose of aspirin at about 635mg.

Spraying it at that does is supposed to chemically induce male flowers like gibberic acid and colloidal silver does.

Of course I'm only repeating this as Ed Rosenthal said it lol. I don't know that it's true from experience(reversing sex with high dose of aspirin), but I do know enough to respect the opinion of Ed Rosenthal haha :cool:

Ps, they also loved the 20:1 coconut water foliar Dust! There's another good one for ya

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to me like a measured dose, such as

aspirin would be much less likely to overdose verses stripping some bark off a tree with god only knows how much acid in it and make a foliage spray. It just makes since to me that a measured dose is better than a guess. Ijs

• Like 1

That sound about right to me too GElite :) I stand with you for sure!

My plants loved the foiliar in case you ever plan on giving it a try :) They're still VERY happy with me for applying a few weeks ago!

But if I ever come across a pussy willow lol, I be sure to peel a bit off haha.

Cheers

• Like 1

Lol!!! Shit I'm fixing to try it now. Im in week 5 of flowering so ive got well formed baby nuggets formed. Is this a good time. I do have an outside plant at the beginning of week 2 flowering so it just has pistols everywhere. I will for sure try it. I'm allergic as fuck to aspirin. I hope I don't die when I smoke it. Lol

Lol!!! Shit I'm fixing to try it now. Im in week 5 of flowering so ive got well formed baby nuggets formed. Is this a good time. I do have an outside plant at the beginning of week 2 flowering so it just has pistols everywhere. I will for sure try it. I'm allergic as fuck to aspirin. I hope I don't die when I smoke it. Lol

Nice Lol. And damn, you might wanna break out that hazmat suit lol! I wouldn't want you to kick the bucket bud tending lol.

And IDK if you wanna foliar at week 5! The word is that's how you get mold and bud rot..Or even acquire the taste of what you use as a foliar.

Wk 2 sounds a lot more doable tho. I noticed my plants turned a deeper green literally over night after the foliar!

I think I'm gonna try it once more before I flower tho. I'll share the outcome of course.

But get you one of these haha :cool:

W143965-2.jpg?1357309245

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I should go ahead and add here that 3wks after I gave the first aspirin foliar, I gave another!

Plants are very much thriving at the minute so I'd assume that they're loving everything I'm doing lol!

Either way, Aspirin has worked for me very well in the garden, and will become a routine part of my garden during veg, from here on out!

I use 3 x 81mg tables per gallon of water! The 81mg tables are the lowest available doses of aspirin i'm pretty sure. I use the one that are coated but it's suggested to use ones that aren't coated, as they'll dissolve faster. Either way, I had no probs using 3 x 81mg tablets per gallon and then applying the solution as a foliar!

Its was BLATANTLY obvious that my plants LOVED the aspirin treatment the first time, but this time it seems that nothing really happened.

The first time the plant took on a much darker green within a day after applying, this time I can't tell much difference, but I can see no ill effects from a second aspirin foliar!

In all, it works for me so it should work for you.

-edit- 48-72 hours later, plants have again taken on that deep green shimmer! With that said, the plants have responded with a thank you :)

Nice Pete! After my first and second applications of the aspirin foliar, about 48 hours in I was able to see a visible difference in the way the plants looked!

After the first foliar spray I noticed a difference by the next and after the second one it took a little bit longer, but I noticed a deeper, happier green in the plants for sure :)

Glad you found it helpful brother! If it works for me, it should work for you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Defnatley going to try this and ill also post the results here. Just planted so ill give them 3 weeks of veg before i try. Cool topic mate :gamer:

Cheers MM! I found it to be VERY helpful during veg! Next week during wk 6 flower I'm gonna try and water than plants with aspirin water to see if it has the same effect!

Will share the details of course :) But the one thing you should notice is a deeper darker green within 24 hours or using it! I did every time :)

Bless brother