Cocco and perlite what % of which?

aussie haze luver

also.... how do you measure %?? m/m or V/V??i used V/V cos expanded perlite is very light like 6-7 kg/ 100L and i found this more expressing. Bro! You can raise the % of coco till 100% with dripping or flooding ... prectically a hydrogrow... I have seen a great example for this in a very planned greenhouse deepened in the ground with calculated facing, insulations, and huge water tanks+ an aquaponic system for plants on perlite fed by the fishes.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah, the point of Flowers to the ppl, is you can add as much perlite as you want, depending on your goal. If they are in a smaller pot, or u want to water less frequently, you add more coco, if u have very big pots, and you can water them anytime, you better use more perlite.

peace

Aloha, Here in Hawai'i we have different grades of Coir from Mexico, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Indonesia. They differ in porosity, salt content, color and quality.  Most people here in Hawaii use 50% Coir mixed with 50% black volcanic scoria or perlite.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The perlite is mainly used to aerate a little bit a medium that is very compact, it brings some air and makes the water flow a little bit better thru the medium, and dry a little more equally. It is very good for hydro grows as well as it retains good amounts of mix due to its texture, for a good amount of time, the time necessary for the plant to take it :) The use of perlite is good for many things :) And it never hurts to have a little bit in your medium if you think it is too compact ;)

Have a good day

• Like 1

I also like using a higher ratio of perlite to coco i like a 70/30 mix 70% perlite to 30% coco. Some of the main reasons i like this is it allows me to water/feed more often, easier to flush the medium when needed, and allows more aeration for healthy strong roots.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I used perlite in bigger percentages fr the first time recently and used around 7 centimeter of straight perlite for the botom. When I transplanted these into bigger pots I was surprised how much root system growth happened in there. If you use it on the top be careful to water it properly or you might inhale some of that stuff. Best is imo building layers in between coco or best coco + clay pebbles mixed 50/50. That is definitely the best grow medium i tried. Check my DAMNESIA Test GRow in the contest section to see the rooting and results. Superb. But perlite + coco is good, too if you want to usemaximum of fertilizer. A 10 litre pot will dry out in 3 to maximum4 days and you can water the plants properly. i always take them out to the washing place and rinse them good. There I can mix the fertilizer and check EC + ph levels. Always 10 litres. Twice per week on avaerage for 12 plants.

I just wait till most of the solution is washed thru before I put them back into the tent. I grab a plate or empty container for the residue, so the bottom stays dry/clean. If you use clay, perlite or coco you are free to mix the stuff however you like it. Adding Myrcoze for the roots (from nirvana) helps A LOT to get real proper roots fast in that otherwse neutral medium. 

BTW another good grow medium is the Pop Up 10 litre bag of coco made for palm trees. If you use that don't add anything els. Best taste + aroma, good growth.That stuff is fertilized to suit palm trees and somehow that is lso good for KUSH.

Well that is my experience, maybe it helps a bit.It is better than soil imo.