Help me with Powder feeding and hydro please

Organicz

Hey everyone I recently biult a small hydro system and I plan using powder feeding..

HOWEVER on the powder feeding packet it recomends 10g per 10litres of water which is easy for a soil watering but what happens with hydro ? How many grams should I give my plants and how often ?

Thanks for the help

hi man, yes in hydro setup it is better to have EC meter and PH meter colin said, PH meter is not the most important but EC is usefull when you mix the powder with big quantities of water, usually most people use less than 1g/L in big reservoir, you will see how yours react.

but basicly if you follow the doses indicated on the papers Ghost shared with you you should be fine :)

Good luck man don't hesitate to open a journal for your girls

• Like 1

Using Powder Feed with hydro is slightly different from soil. The Ec value can fluctuate in your reservoir.

I fund it best to measure with an Ec meter every morning before my lamp start up and then correct it to desired levels. I also saw that the bigger rez i used, the less Powder Feed i had to use. Not by much but if i would had gone 150g in my 150L reservoir the Values would had been to high.

For smaller tanks i guess the instructions at the back of the bag is pretty accurate.

Remember that you do not really need Ec values over 1,8 and all above often is a waste of food

:)

Good luck brother

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Dont start with ec off 1.5 that is well to high it should be 04 ec and build up dont go in that high I all ways read what is says on the box then I put a 3rd in and build it up if not you will get nute burn and it can make your girls ugly from the start

Your plants look ok im just saying when veg plants I start off with low ec 04 & then build up to 1.5 to 1.8 ec in flower I dont just put them a feed straight on at 1.5 ec im new to dwc as well but have grown in soil a lot I just build the nutes slowly up&then towards the end reduce&rinse

Hola!

Amigo, le explico lo que yo hago. Esto no quiere decir que mi manera es la mejor o peor, pero a mí me funciona bien.

Germinación, EC = 0 

Semana 1 a la Semana 2 .... EC = 0,8 

Semana 3 para iniciar la floración, EC = 1 / / 1.2 

Todo ello, con la Madre de alimentación de polvo (verde) 

Floración: 

Empezando a florecer, CE 1.2 / / / 1,4 

Más gordos Flor, CE 1.8 

Últimos diez días: Lavar las raíces y utilizar sólo el agua hasta la cosecha

En todas las etapas, lo hago tres riegos con fertilizante y uno con agua y enzimas.

This info is for coconut and inert substrates

saludos! 
  • Like 1

the main tip with the PF is to go Gradually, don't go from 0,4 to 1,5 directly, 1,5 is the EC you CAN reach when you go in veg for long time, but with most plants like jose said during the veg you will stay around 1-1,3. Add for example 0,1g every wek, and see how the plant evolves :)

Have a good day

• Like 2

Aloha dust, Excellent points my friend. I tend to look at a hydro system or a soilless substrate like an aquarium with small tender fish that do not like radical changes in pH or EC. I root cuttings at EC .6-.8. They take 6 days to root and then the feed is increased to 1.0 EC for two days, 1.2 for two days and more can be added up to 1.8 depending on the growth stage and the strain.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

wait wut? on the PF leaflet it says: growth 1.5 EC and 5.5 PH... if I go from clones-10days of veg-flower-should I start with 1.5 or less like 0.8-1.0EC??? I don't preveg them, just from rooted clones I put them in final pot and leave lights for 10days on 18/6 and then the switch to 12/12.

HELP URGENT!

peace

man

Hello man, no on young clones i would stay around the 1 EC like for the seedling and young plants, You could go up to 1,5 if you veg a few weeks like 4-5 weeks, and get big height, then they will easily take the 1,5. but for small sized clones i would stay around 1 or lower, and then slowly increase with the weeks

Good luck man

• Like 2

Dust

thank you man, will do it slowly :) do you recommend lowering the EC in final weeks or go from 0.8 to 1.8 in 8-9weeks?

bless

man

The last few weeks is good to remove the EC, last 15 days without food, wash roots. It is best to avoid unwanted tastes buds, although some people maintain high EC until the day of court and then give many months of curing to delete traces of fertilizers flowers. 

You can decide, I personally prefer wash roots and not use feeding in the last 10 to 15 days. (15 days on earth, 10 days in coconut). 

greetings
  • Like 2

Jose

thank you brother. tell me one more thing, the 2-6week flush with 1.3EC, does that EC contain feeding or just water with enzymes? coz I'm gonna try to do it "Arjan style" this time with only PF and 3 flushes between week 2 and 6 (day 16, 26 and 36) and leave ot to dry put for 5days. do you think this is smart for 10l pots or should I just stick to feeding every 3 days with half dosage of enzymes and flush with water+enzy for last 2 weeks?

thanks and sorry for sooo many Q...better safe than sorry :)

bless

man

• 1 month later...

flush with the powder feeding 1.3 ec it will remove a lot more salt build up than plain water .PLus you downt want to take away all the food you just want to rinse out the old  salts so she can keep taking in the right balance of minerals .

10l pot be enuff in dry in three days or less depending on the medium