Caboose

not a real report just an example of the 1 plant from the Caboose seeds I received for the outdoor grow. The weather was WAY too bad and cold to grow outdoors, so i vegged this one in/outdoors for 5 weeks or so then decided to grow it indoors since the weather simply did not turn warm or even sunny. Anyway - I got 3 beans and 1 is now outside in flower another one is nothing interesting BUT this girl here is indeed a plant i am VERY VERY proud of. It may be too short not even 50 cm from the soil but the buds are huge and the leaves are gigantic .. The one outside is twice as tall but has only a third of her buds. Still might turn out good . Nuff talk here she is.

First picture I took from her. i wanted to shower the leaves after a long hot day in the growroom.Looking at her I had to get the camera and shoot some..

Enjoy..

post-10461-0-75652400-1373684882.jpg

post-10461-0-14588800-1373684987.jpg

post-10461-0-47136800-1373685032.jpg

• Like 1

Woow beautiful girls, buds give the impression of being dense and compact.

locking very nice.

tell us something about his smell, and its production of trichomes. :D

How long do you think that is missing the harvest?

good questions. Smell is just about to get noticed, it is not sticky yet. trichomes have not checkes neither. The plant is a bit more than 2 month old now i would say and in the beginnning of the final third of the flowering circle, but these things are very very hard to predict. Fact is it is far from ready but i do not know if the overall life cycle might stop the buds from reaching their full potential. Means they might stop developing any further after a certin point in time; no matter if the buds are packed and shining from crystals. I did expect this plant to be ready before the end of this month - so 3 more weeks but 4 weeks would mean it will reach perfection. It might as well stop developing in less than 3 full weeks, getting dry and not gaining any more weighty flowers. I never know, something in my grow room might be blocking the buds from reaching their full potential. Maybe it is time to change the carbon filter AND I need a humidifier. When I use 2 lights with 400 watts the rh gets down to 35% sometimes. ATM I have only 2 big plants and 7 small in there, so the Cabose could benefit from the light and the higher rh. If it stays like that it might finally be a winner ... we will see - Afik the Caboose pushes out a large top cola the size of a banana, so I am waiting on that, right now the buds are everywhere and well rounded but not yet in the desired for. Will let ya know, also how the outdoor girl is doing. She was already to tall to grow indoors and the 1 week outdoors just helped producing bigger buds and nice healthy leaves ...

• Like 1

haha with the time you have been around you still don't know where the pictures thread is?? :P :P i'll give you a hint it' has "flowers" and "pictures" in the name hahaha joking with you man ;) I'll move your thread to the right room this room is only for the world cups grow journal and it's closed for sometimes now as you know ;)

That being said i love that caboose you have man, beautiful example of those leaves they have that i love, so thin and long and nice looking almost like a dancer :) and they have heavy double serrated edges on that plant it looks even greater ^^

Thanks for sharing that little baby man keep us updated sometimes even if it's not a real grow journal ;)

• Like 1

Alright, please move it in the right forum.

I really was not sure where to put it exactly.

Man the buds are by now getting riper every minute, turning from white hairs to black/darkish brown red very fast - checked for trichomes a minute ago and they are huge full round clear heads + lots of it .., so I already started the Final Phase additions and extended the distance to the Cool Tube, so it can stretch a bit more - Not sure how long this Caboose takes for flowering and have no idea in which week of the flowering cycke it exactly is, 5 weeks or 6 ? Something like that probably...In my extra dry grow room with the low distance from the lambs flowering usually takes not longer than 7 full weeks, maybe 8 and on real tall trees / Hazes it may be 9, but some Autos are ready after 5 full weeks . I could not even let them flower any longer without burning the top cola in most cases.. Strange - wasn't like that on the first 3 runs...maybe adding the 2nd lamb - 800 watts does this ...

• Like 1

Bam she looks like week 6 to me i would let her go a gd 8,5-9 weeks for the full fruity flavour..... i hops she catches up the purp till the end ....heres a pic of the same pheno short before Harvest at week 8.5 http://www.strainhunters.com/forums/gallery/image/16952-caboose-purp-pheno-clone-short-before-harvest-7/

I see - nice purple on that one cola. I was expecting a different top cola groth but that is what it is - gets harder and more compact, in the meantime I see the hairs change in color and the smell is getting real hash-like I think it is def. a Kush or Afghani/ Pakistani power plant involved - some Skunk and Superbud vs Pre 98 PF. I will wait for the colors to change completely and the tops become rock hard before I cut it. I guess she is in beginning of week 7 now, I already feed her Final Phase since saturday - will continue that this this week, then give her a light flush and wait till it dries out - will see if she be ready then, if not she gets a bit of honey with fresh water for another week.

Did you remove those large fan leaves ? Blocks the lower buds, i twist them around each other to make way for better lights, might help to get rid of the bigger leaves for the last week or so - what do you think ?

So now we are 6 days further and by now the tricomes are already getting ripe and the plant has a strong smell, you can see how the white hairs change colors and the buds get harder every day . Will continue adding Final Phase for at least 3 more waterings and then flush her ....I guess 10 days more should do the trick - we will see in the end.

As usual the plant was photographed with flash light, so the actual colors are a tad darker - I park this girl outdoors for an hour or so in the cool of night after each growing session (sprinkle her with water first) to spark up some purple but it seems this is just not a purple pheno...and it is not cold anyway..lol

post-10461-0-14468600-1374198736.jpg

post-10461-0-25990700-1374198761.jpg

post-10461-0-96031300-1374198788.jpg

• Like 2

Watered this girl today and noticed that all of a sudden the other Caboose with the sativa pheno has REALLY caught up by now. First time i see the similarities, interesting bud structure as well. A much taller less bushy pheno - will show both next time..

hehe yeah for sure weather is not the best right now to get a nice purple coloration ;)

but never the less she looks great man she seems to have such compact buds, looks good :D

Thanks fr the pics man have a good end of grow on her ;)

She is such a cutie incredible really . I pamper her any way I can and tbh the upper 85% of the buds is ready a a uniqe coloration, the buds are HARD and when I picked a small bud from the stem to further investigate the ripeness aroma etc. I noticed it looses very little volume drying and the trichomes are full of amber more than 60% and the rest are redddish/brown hairs loooking like sugar anyway . She got the last feeding yesterday - now I willl give her a bit of water tomorrow and then dry her out and leave her in the dark for at least 36 hours to spark up some crystal. That is the only attribute still missing; but it is not that unusual in my grow oom- Seems the crystal stays inside the buds .. lol

This will be a very special connaisseurs smoke I bet. Aroma is not overly strong but nice hashy pepper with a bit of incense underneath. Will find out after proper curing. Loading the camera battery otherwise Id just add a pic from the ripe buds. Tomorrow !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So finally I can give a nice smoke report on that lady there above - It was a small fatiie giving me 100 gram fresh manicued budds, Smell was excellent and the manicuring a joy - Outcome was close to 20 grams dry fat solid rock-type buds , that smell strong peppery and the taste reminds of mild pepper, too bit also nutmegg. This may not sound tasty but it is actually a pleasure to smoke alone for the taste. The effects - KUSH like mega strong Indica with real strong body feeling and a calming yet highly motivating + animating cerebral uplift. Perfect strain , but it makes me sleepy. On sunday I fell asleep 3 times about an hour or so after smoking a fattie..lol

I was outdoors from friday till monday and it was hot + sunny day in day out and the Reggae Music and festival vibe at

BERSENBRÜCK- REGGAE-JAM 2013 !!!

Jam was a perfect place + space for getting high. No hustle, no police, no paranoia - Nuff ganja smokers around all with lovely smelling sensie's. Mine still stood out with it's strong smelling clouds of smoke ....

When I returned I checked out Caboose no 2 I cut down on thiursday day and it looks nice already but I will keep ii out of the smoke stash, till it is completely dry and greener - smells good already.

Photo from the other indoor Caboose.pheno 2

Top Cola- upper half

post-10461-0-76363400-1375752208.jpg

• Like 1

i love those compact buds man, caboose is ndeed a very nice smoke and i think i canr ecognize it in your descriptuon :)

Thanks for the smoke report man, good to hear the Jam was nice too :D

Stay iriiiie ;)

Thanks for commention Dust / Mykol. i tried the first big Joint from the freshly cut Caboose above with a small dry Damnesia bud - all grinded real fine, since I had only about1/5th of a filter cigarette's worth of tobacco to mix with . It was no problem smoking it like that basically pure weeed in a Soft Secret sheet.. Watching Snoop Dogg's Underground Heat show, where he runs down 10 hot new + one throwback goldie Hip Hop Videos and we can choose which makes it to the Number one spot.

(BTW Caviar Kush by Zodiac&Kurupt could make it this week. From 7 to position 2 this week. Tomorrow (on friday is a new Underground Heat).

Anyway - I was burning the slifff late late at night/early morning and I felt so relaxed + good, getting really baked - it is so nice to smoke weed without that ugly nictotine flash making me nervous - My eyes are closed and I am far out, till i remember the roach still burning..lol

Long time I let a joint fall to the floor without noticing..But no prob, it was already close to out when it dropped and so no spots on the floor or the carpet..LOL

This pheno is a bit more fruity in the background and not as compact ..

Peace

Bam

• Like 1

indeed , having a bunch of good times recently..lol . Fresh seeds just arrived in time and getting soaked immediately just 30 minutes ago - 3 White Widow/2 left, 3 Kings Kush/2 left and 2 Caboose - cause no other weed gets me so fucking stoned + sleepy..lol / 1 Caboose seed left, Maybe I take a mother of the Caboose - if not noe , then from the last seed...

The Royal Creamatic, AK-47 + JH autos getting closer to harvest every week, sticky flowers , looking promising. That Creamatic actually smells like caramel..crazy ....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

well, cut her down weeks ago, since she was ripe. Dried her well and now use the weed to fill up a jointinstead of tobacco. It is more like a homegrown weed of old than high grade BUT it tastes good and is ight on the lungs and mind. Gets you high but not really stoned. The buds are too small for that, they never really deeloped to their full potential. So putting a plant out in early flower is not a good idea, unless the photo period is already near 12/12...

These were some lower stems after drying for 3 weeks..

post-10461-0-53888200-1378656268.jpg

post-10461-0-15402900-1378656313.jpg

• Like 1

well, cut her down weeks ago, since she was ripe. Dried her well and now use the weed to fill up a jointinstead of tobacco. It is more like a homegrown weed of old than high grade BUT it tastes good and is ight on the lungs and mind. Gets you high but not really stoned. The buds are too small for that, they never really deeloped to their full potential. So putting a plant out in early flower is not a good idea, unless the photo period is already near 12/12...

These were some lower stems after drying for 3 weeks..

that's great bro,

for the next time you know what not to do,

thanks for the reply and good smoke.