Jack Herer yellow leafs

Kaiapo

Can anyone give me any clue of what can cause this.

It's the only plant between five that did this and they are all treated the same, with a love of love of course!

One day just started showing yellow leafs and as they were drying, I cuted them out.

Then the stem started to show some rot like blurs and only one of the side stems was dying, also cuted it out.

I really though it was gonna die on the next days, but no, it seems to be holding...

1st picture was the first symptoms.

2nd picture was taken yesterday, two weeks after the first.

3rd picture is the rotten stem.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

post-30103-0-88701900-1374615481.jpg

post-30103-0-98685900-1374615617.jpg

post-30103-0-00630500-1374615671.jpg

I would not worry to much yellow leaves, but that mold.

if you do not treat her right, that will extend to the whole plant, and causing death.

yellow leaves, most likely a nitrogen deficiency.

sorry to hear this news man, good luck.

Can't even come close to saying what your issues is for sure, but have you thought about root rot?

Does your soil drain adequately? Or are the roots sitting in water when watered?

H202(hydrogen peroxide) is supposed to work to help root root if that may be the case!

Just tossing some possibilites out there.

From the looks of it, I bet that native soil drains terribly, so unless you've been lifting that pot out of the whole, could be root rot starting up maybe?!

Good luck with the plant tho! Started/starting out as such a nice specimen. Hope you figure it out ASAP!

• Like 1

yeah i think like mykol the yellowing is due to a deficiency probably N yes, but don't think that this def caused the rot but the contrary they are prbably yellowing because the rot affected something, IG might have a good lid with the roots, try to check them if you can, if not try to smell at least in someways, some rot really smell bad lol ^^ but for the kind of grey mold on yor stem it is not good, usuallly they use hydrogen peroxide in bath to eliminate mold, try to find sme information on rather the spraying on the stem could be usefull or not. but if it keeps spreading everything above will die for sure the nutes will be blocked soon i think.

Good luck man let us know how it goes!

• Like 1

It looks like it could be a drainage problem to me. I would get that pot up out of the hole, set it up on something without blocking the drain holes and make sure the soil is draining as it should.

Good Luck and I hope you get it figured out soon.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies...

Well, I have 5 plants growing in the same medium, so it can' t be the soil, cause the other four are looking really nice...

Drainage, I also think it's not a problem cause it's really hot were I live and have to water the plants once each day, or they start to look thirsty.

So I really don't know what can cause this to a plan and not any other ones... I have other three right next to this one.

Can it be just a weak plant? From the five it was always the skinniest one...

• 2 weeks later...

Well the plant seems to be recovering by it self...

I really didn't do anything, just cliped the drying leafs...

Note one of the side steam is growing bigger then the main stem...

But the mold seem totally dry now...

post-30103-0-97421200-1375740814.jpg

post-30103-0-57459100-1375740842.jpg

post-30103-0-54497200-1375740865.jpg

post-30103-0-89928500-1375740904.jpg

• Like 2

great news to know that your plants are doing well now,

Now they will use all their energy to produce fantastic results.

Then speaking of Jack Herer, I still remained his taste in your mouth.

Even last year I was growing the seeds of JH GHSC, but I could not bring to maturity due to bureaucratic problems say ....

But it is still a strong desire to grow her, and I think it will be one of my next grow.

good luck friend.