COLOMBIA Expedition!!

Mr.X

Hello mates and thanks again for the love!!

Kaner yes is other version from us, coming soon, "Strain Hunters Colombia Raw" longer and more about the plants, but our Admin can explain much better to me! ;)

And of course a lot of more photos. Vice documentary is other point of view, very nice and great! but different to our usual expeditions.

Cheers!! ;)

Very good news thanks for the reply!

• Like 5

Finally! Colombia. As a kid here in the San Juan Islands, we had hundreds of tons of Colombian Gold, Panama Red and Thai smuggled into to our port back in the 1970s. Colombian Gold was my favorite, until local growers on Guemus Island ( who had for several years been growing Afghani land races and made hybrids). Much of that weed made it up to Alaska (via commerical fishermen and those same Pacific Ocean smugglers) and was the seed bank for the legendary Thunderfuck.

Many happy memories of youthful laughter, deep philosophic conversations and raiding 7-11 for munchies.

• Like 2

1) Beautiful kids of colombia - the people where just awesome wherever we went - Here we in St marta.

2) Franco blazing a joint in front of a police control point with Mr x looking on nervously - although small amounts of weed are technically legal the cops havent heard this yet.

3) Mean cops - taking photos is a big no no.

4) Our fixer Chiche trying to stop us taking photos in front of the cops

post-3560-0-76920800-1375555474.jpg

post-3560-0-30067200-1375555505.jpg

post-3560-0-16773600-1375555539.jpg

post-3560-0-09758000-1375555577.jpg

• Like 5

As a long time Connoisseur over the last 38 years I think this is such an amazing thing your doing...........I think it's so very important to preserve these strains as much as possible especially if you trace down the original strain..........I have high respect for all of you!!!!

• Like 2

The riot at the end of the movie

We were in a total of two mini riots - the 1 st was within an hour and a half of arriving in bogota - but more about that one later (maybe). The second was in StMarta about half way in the trip - after violence between para military groups had prevented us from gaining access to fields the day before we were ecstatic to be able to get the green light to get into the fields (including the one where we could film in the doccie where we find Punta Roja). Later we left and went to a beach party where we found ourselves amongst some of the richest of colombia. It was a bit of a mind fuck coming from the friendly poor peasant farmers and we soon left and it became dark. The road back was rough unsealed but passed through some poorer ghettos.

I fell asleep and woke to the car stopping violently - I was in the back so peered out the window and noticed what looked like an accident - it seemed arjan's suv had hit a motorbike. I plucked myself out looking for my shoes but noticed people carrying tyres and barricades and petrol. I left the shoes and ran around arjan's truck and was met by hundreds of eyes looking into mine for any sign of fear. I smiled and bcs i must have been quite an unusual sight (shoeless with grin) a hundred mouth grinned back at me. Elgato emerged from the crowd and explained that the areas power had been disconnected and that the village was blocking the road until the mayor came and reconnected them. They would let only us through because we where ganja growers .....and bcs we would take there message to the world.

post-3560-0-54044100-1375643907.jpg

post-3560-0-87138400-1375643949.jpg

post-3560-0-61606100-1375643980.jpg

post-3560-0-53690400-1375644181.jpg

post-3560-0-21001200-1375644487.jpg

• Like 4