SCROG DWC Setup Questions

Phyziks

Hey guys, I'm thinking of doing a SCROG with DWC buckets my next run, does anyone have any experience with this? What I'm concerned about is how people are changing their water because you can't move the buckets around with a SCROG net in place. I was thinking about putting 3-4 5gallon buckets on a platform in my tent so they would drain to another bucket below with the assistance of gravity. Another option was adding a separate reservoir bucket outside the tent and just adding water/nutes to that and change it when needed. Any input on anyone's SCROG DWC setup would be appreciated.

hi man well, i can't really help you on the hydro side because i never used hydro yet, but i could give you a little tip for your SCROG, a few of our members use an individual net for the plants, with 4 sticks in the pts, and a net tied on it. I think Bozoph is using this method, and perhaps even made a thread about it, have a look on the fourm you might see it :)

Good luck man hope you'll find answers to your questions ;)

What a friend of mine did he drilled a 1.5inch hole as low as possible in the Bucket and korked it with a rubberkork when u have to change water just pull out the kork all the old Stuff comes out and your ready to refill ;)

Thanks Vertox. I was thinking something similar but elevating the DWC buckets and running a drain line from the buckets and let gravity drain into a bin.

-SukonmiSkunk I was also thinking of an outside reservoir. How do you keep the water circulating? How often would you change the reservoir? It seems like you would change the reservoir less often or do you top off with nutes or water?

if maintained properly you shouldnt have to change it at all, except when you turn to flower..

but general rule for flushing is usually about once a week.

you need to set up a pond pump and run a watering system to each pot with a dripper for each pot.

pumping water in at the top will help circulate the water around.

im pretty sure you need fit an overflow aswel.. and looking at that picture, thats what the top hose looks like

so pretty much a bubbleponics system with the tubs all connected?

the pond pump submersed in the reservoir?

sounds simple, i've never ran hydro before though so the flushing of the reservoir or topping of the reservoir with nutes/water sounds like it will be my hardest part of the grow. if you were to run it with changing the reservoir do you just top it with nutes and how do you know how much to give it? i know you use an ec and ppm meter

• 4 weeks later...

so pretty much a bubbleponics system with the tubs all connected?

the pond pump submersed in the reservoir?

sounds simple, i've never ran hydro before though so the flushing of the reservoir or topping of the reservoir with nutes/water sounds like it will be my hardest part of the grow. if you were to run it with changing the reservoir do you just top it with nutes and how do you know how much to give it? i know you use an ec and ppm meter

one way to do it relatively easy without the recirculating res is to simply siphon out the old stuff with aquarium siphon or the submersed pump, just make a separate hole in the lid for filling and emptying, keep in mind that with recirculating res you are limiting yourself to do single strain runs from clones but with the single buckets you have every option available seed or clone

making waterproof setup is not allways so simple and safe option as people make it sound depending on the materials, keep it simple