Seeds like a mofo!

GElite

So I just havested my latest crop and I got seed out the ass! One of two this has probably occurred, 1. Either someone is growing in the area and didnt pull makes or more likely I had a stress induced hermi. I had some timer failures that have plagued me this grow. About 2 weeks before harvest I had a timer fail and for 3 days the photo period was all screwed up so I'm thinking I had a stress induced hermi. The seed are mostly immature so they had to be pollenated recently. I think I've identified the culprit. One of my girls was just ATE UP with seed. I mean I picked probably 2-3 hundred seeds out of the main cola. The rest of the plants have like 50-100 seeds off each plant total. So if they were pollenated by a hermi then the seed should be female correct. Most are imature but I do have several mature seeds. I know it's not contamination on my part. I pulled all males immidiatly and cut them up and removed them. This is also my first grow on this property. At least if I have seed I'm hoping they are at least feminized. I may be wrong in the the tiny bit of knowledge so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

well yeah normally there are chances that you have a high ratio of female when you get the seeds from hermie pollen, but it's not always the case. For your timer problems, 2 weeks before harvest i don't know if seeds would have had time to mature and make 100 of seeds, i've had a few pollenization unwanted and it took longer than this but well could be some fast girls ^^ I hope at least you will have some good srprise in the seeds, i did on mine :D

Good luck

I don't know how long it takes to mature seeds. Most are not mature. Most are either white or soft and wet. Some are mature, most are not. I just don't see anyone else growing around here. My grow is located in the city. Not much in the way of woods here but outdoor plants are in the early stage of flowering so it is conceivable that a male in the area released pollen as much as a month and a half ago. I have an outdoor plant that I was able to sex more than a month ago. I have had Hermys before but I didn't have anywhere near this many seeds. So perhaps it is either a wild plant or someone has planted on my land and contaminated me. The grow I just harvested was grown indoors but not in a house. I was done in a storage building. And light bleeds out bad so I know pollen wouldn't have a problem getting in but damn that much? Thanks for the help dust.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

seed takes 6 weeks +/- to mature.  But yes if it was self pollinated then you have feminized seed. 

You really have to screw the plant up to cause herm, not just a day or 2 or small light leaks.  Go out during a full moon and see how how much light the moon puts out with no ill effect on mother nature. 

• 1 month later...