Jack Herer, outdoors

hexx_NL

It's that time of the year again, folks. With the upcomng shift in weather this week (from sunny to cloudy, rainy and cold), it felt like harvest time had come. So a couple of days ago, I started trimming the Lady while she was still outside on the balcony. A somewhat tedious, but nevertheless (or maybe because of that) very rewarding job that comes with a couple of sweet Kodakmoments I'd like to share with y'all. More about this year's harvest (like how much did she yield and what it's like to smoke the ganja) will follow in due course of time.

0001.jpg

Up close and personal, for the last time

0002.jpg

Reaching for the skies

0003.jpg

Ladies love being pretty

0004.jpg

Flowers bring joy to every home

0005.jpg

Another job well done

• Like 2

She looked like she could have taken another week or so to firm up the buds and add some resin, but if the weather was just going to rot them, time to come down. I'm taking a chance with a few of mine and leaving them out as long as possible, it seems such a shame to harvest earlly and miss out on what the strain can give you if it is allowed to fully mature. Nice job an other year and harvest done for you, now to get mine done and put away.

Harvest time finally :) Thanks for the nice little pictures it is true that flowers bring joy to everyhome ;) and disposed like that who would say no :P

I hope the smoke will be good, like laser for sure she would have enjoyed a few more weeks, but weather is not good, it's not good we can not change it :)

Have a good drying and smoking!

• Like 1

True, my brethren. True. Patience is a virtue. All good comes to those who wait. But the Dutch weather can be a bitch this time of year. Wouldn't want those beautiful buds to rot. And if I wanted to control the environmental conditions, I should grow indoors ;-)

• Like 1

Cleaned the ganja up today, it turned out to be a little over 300 grams. Including the small stuff, and she still gotta rest a bit. Still not bad, though, for one plant. Not bad at all. Pics to follow. No worries.

Here she is. Smells great already, nice and sticky, so I've got good hopes for the curing. I'm happy.

harvest.jpg

Main colas on top, smaller ones to the left and even smaller ones to the right

bud.jpg

budalicious.jpg

A closer look at some excellent Jack Herer.

• Like 1

And then, on a rainy Saturday evening, I was thinking about what to do with the leftovers of this years harvest and with the old ganja from a couple of years back. "Howz about giving that icehash thingie a shot?" I said to myself and went at it this Sunday afternoon, after freezing the leftovers for a night. This is the soup I was stirring:

1370452_10201285093383556_2021106357_n.jpg?oh=d77a02bf63f9228974932dca6daaebea&oe=525CF796

And no, this isn't the ball of hash I produced, it's what's left of the leftovers:

wpid-IMAG1433.jpg

Now all I can do is wait. And if all goes well (i.e. if I end up with a little homemade hash), I'll post the piccas I took of the whole road from leftovers to hash. Deal?

hey hexx good idea for your leftover :) by the way how do yo ustore it when you keep weed for a year like this? simply in Jars or you freeze some? or what?

And good luck with your hash i hope it will give you nice result :) did you use some bags for it or gravity?

hey hexx good idea for your leftover :) by the way how do yo ustore it when you keep weed for a year like this? simply in Jars or you freeze some? or what?

And good luck with your hash i hope it will give you nice result :) did you use some bags for it or gravity?

I keep the ganja in glass jars, the airtight kind with the rubber ring under the lid, in the dark under a cloth on a fairly cool place. For the experiment in hash-making, I rely on Mother Gravity. Gonna try and get the water out of the bottles this afternoon, and see how much residu she chose to bestow on me this year - yeah, in case no-one noticed yet, I'm one of those organic hippies when it comes to growing the Herb ;-)

• Like 1

Loolks good. I too am using all the trimmings which include all the little tiny buds and many resin coated leaves to make oil. I think I'll also include all the left over stuff from last year as well. I'm making "Phoenix Tears" and will donate it to someone who is sick and can't afford to buy it at the Cannabis compassion club I belong to. The treatment calls for 60 grams of oil, one gram per day dose. From my personal experience with cancer this year, I know how much benifit a person can receive from this wonderful herb the earth has been blessed with. BTW, I have to go back to the hospital every three months for the next 2 years to be scanned and x-rayed, so far after two screenings I'm cancer free. :bye:

• Like 1

Loolks good. I too am using all the trimmings which include all the little tiny buds and many resin coated leaves to make oil. I think I'll also include all the left over stuff from last year as well. I'm making "Phoenix Tears" and will donate it to someone who is sick and can't afford to buy it at the Cannabis compassion club I belong to. The treatment calls for 60 grams of oil, one gram per day dose. From my personal experience with cancer this year, I know how much benifit a person can receive from this wonderful herb the earth has been blessed with. BTW, I have to go back to the hospital every three months for the next 2 years to be scanned and x-rayed, so far after two screenings I'm cancer free. :bye:

Deep respect to you. One love.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been pondering over where to post this. But then I said to myself: "Hey, it's about the Jack Herer I grew outside. And I promised to post the piccas." So here it is. The making of this years hash.

wpid-IMAG1421.jpg

First thing we need, is a sturdy amount of ice. This is 2.5 liters (about half a gallon). We'll also need a hammer to smash the ice to pieces.

wpid-IMAG1424.jpg

And the ganja itself, of course. Jack Herer. Well dried.

wpid-IMAG1428.jpg

A powerful mixer will come in handy as well. After all, we'll have to crush the ice and stir up the mixture real good.

wpid-IMAG1430.jpg

So here we go! Stir it up, little darling. Stir it up.

wpid-IMAG1432.jpg

Getting up close and personal after some serious stirring. It looks a lot like potato stew with kale. 'Boerenkoolstamp', in Dutch. Only, instead of potatoes, there's ice. And there's a lot of foamy goo.

wpid-IMAG1433.jpg

Keep up the good work until it's time to filter out the leaves and stuff. I used a kitchen strainer and this is what I got.

wpid-IMAG1446.jpg

After all is said and done, we'll have liquid. Let it rest for at least 24 hours  and there'll be mud at the bottom of the bowl you put the liquid in. Filter the liquid through a fine cloth and collect the mud. Let it dry out and look at that: 20something grams of fine homegrown Jack Herer hash.

All in all, a nice way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon in November. And all that from growing one plant in the great outdoors. One love, y'all.

• Like 2

hehe then you did good by posting those pictures here finally! very nice hash session it seems that ball has a good size next to the zippo! How much weed and leaves did you use for this ball?

Have a good smoke!

hehe then you did good by posting those pictures here finally! very nice hash session it seems that ball has a good size next to the zippo! How much weed and leaves did you use for this ball?

Have a good smoke!

I used about 50 grams, and got something like 15-20 grams of hash from it. It takes a couple of weeks for the hash to dry up nicely.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...