Greenhouse man hunt...

lucyleyli

Also... I am looking for a man who works in greenhouse. Works with seeds, young man, dark hair, very cute. I saw him there Sunday 18th aug and he waved an recommended the flower bomb. Does anyone know his name? He wears a baseball cap, strain hunters tshirt and brown and red trainers... Long shot but I'd like to say hi :-)

welcome on SH forum lucy :)

Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in the GH coffeeshops :) for the employee i think i see who you mean but i don't remember his name sorry ^^

Have a good time discovering the forum too i hope you will like it, and share with us maybe some grows if you have any.

Have a good discovering of the forum :)

See ya online

• Like 1

Hey! Thanks for the reply. I'm going to start a grow but thought this would be the best place to learn - lets just say I haven't had the best luck with any other plants and I wouldn't want to waste a crop !

Also thinking of moving to Amsterdam so hopefully pick up some contacts!

Thanks for trying to remember for me! He recommended another bud I'm sure it was chocolatey Smelling - I wanted to ask what it was.

Cool to meet you x

I'm going to start a grow but thought this would be the best place to learn

Let me start by saying Welcome :)

You came to the right place to learn to grow, it is truly the nicest, friendliest forum from a list of ones that can be quite nasty to new comers, this place is the one :) You have struck gold, lol :)

I am going to Amsterdam and staying above the coffeeshop in month or so, I will look for your mystery seed guy :)

Take care, Gonzo :)

• Like 1

Well already im learning how friendly everyone is :-)

Now I am a very new comer to growing as I previously mentioned my horticultural skills are somewhat clumsy.

Can't wait to get started though. Any recommendations for an easy strain to start with?? Not going for gold just yet- gotta practice first. Maybe something with a decent yield, starting indoors though sooo...

The strain hunting man hunt continues ...

Great to chat. Take care x

• Like 2

Hey Lucy :)

Like I said, you came to the right forum :) By this time next year you will be growing some amazing weed ;) Our goal is to get you growing the great weed straight off the starting line :)

I have a few tips to easy growing :)...;

1. Grow in coco and perlite (2/3 coco and a 1/3 perlite) with 11L pots :) You can overwater in soil despite how easy people say it is :)

2. Get a grow tent for light leaks, getting a pitch black room/cupboard at night can be a pain ;)

3. Use Advanced Nutrients pH perfect 'Sensi Grow' and 'Sensi Bloom' :) It is fail proof when it comes to pH problems :) It can be a growers nightmare trying to get the pH right :) Might be a little more expensive but worth not dealing with pH ;)

4. Use Dual Spec lamps, it has all the light your plant will need from start to finish :) You usually have to change bulbs halfway through :)

5. Try autoflower strains as they don't need a change of light schedule to start flowering, saving you the trouble of messing with your timer etc :)

6. Get an EC meter, it reads how much nutrients/food you've mixed in the water :) this is all you need when using that nutrients I mentioned :)

The rest you will pick up from here on the forum, like how your room/tent/cupboard should be in regards to humidity, night/day temperature, light height and a few other things :)

As far as easy to grow strains go, it all depends on how much you want to spend :) The Ak-47 was so easy to grow but it's £70 for 6 seeds, lol :)

The Super Lemon Haze is easy to grow (I believe ;)) I tried it on my first grow and it's smells so good you can't go wrong :) Big Buddha seeds have had a great record for seeds sprouting and not being duds :) Cheese is a winner here in the Uk, it smells so strong you can grow it first time and it should be a nice smell whatever you do :)

Anyhoo, when you get setup and have questions don't hesitate to ask people on here...

....best place on the web ;)

Happy growing Lucy ;)

Take care, Gonzo ;)

• Like 3

Thanks for the tips... That was really helpful abd everything I need to know (for now anyway!) I'm getting a bit bored of cheese - its all I can get easily round here that's half decent. Might try a lemon haze first - if I don't kill that I'll go for the ak47.

Super guys.

Thanks again.

Lu

Might try a lemon haze first - if I don't kill that I'll go for the ak47.

Lol, im sure you'll do fine :) and I have the same views as yourself, cheese is too overdone here in Britain. There are squads of cheese lovers that think if it dont smell like cheese then its sh*t, haha :)

I did white widow in my first grow also and it was indeed easy :) The journal is on here somewhere :)

G :)

I agree. I have to get dibs on a couple when theres a silver haze around! Like literally have to get in early and reserve ... Just to break up the cheese fest. But there's nothing else reliable-Hence my venture into self sustainable territory.

I'm sure I'll be giving you a heads up before soon.

Might trip back to the dam before hand for a but longer and get a taste of more :-)

Might see you in a month :-S

Lucy

Sounds fun :) I will have my ass stuck to a Greenhouse seat for a week, lol ;) You may see me, haha :)

I also started growing because of this cheese fest, lol :) I tried LA Cheese and everyone loved it, it was still nice and something a bit different but I wasnt as impressed as them, lol :)

Bring on the haze! ;)

Deffo got the blue cheese blues now :(

Your holiday sounds like perfection

Enjoy :)

Lu

My holiday is a dream come true, courtesy of our great friends at the Greenhouse coffeeshop :) If you fancy joining the crew for a smoke up then your more than welcome :) Chase that blue cheese blues away :) Im getting free cash to spend there so the milky bars are on me! Lol :)

There may be some of us from the forum there also, we will see :)

I need to see the seed guy myself! I am buying so much seeds :)

• Like 1

Why courtesy of greenhouse? Tht sounds ace- it gets better and better for you doesn't it!

My greenhouse guy might not be a seed guy but he was in that bit at the back. Seemed knowledgable on strains... Made sure we were happy and he was happy chappy too... But then again if I worked there I'm sure I would be too!

When you thinkin of goin? I would deffo be up for it and I know my mate would too but I'm moving house next month... Devastated now as I wish I hadnt bought a house an would have upped sticks and moved to the dam tomorrow... Not even joking!

Right now I'd destroy my blue cheese blues with a flower bomb, followed by an ak47 to shoot it to pieces - not good! :)

Why courtesy of greenhouse? Tht sounds ace- it gets better and better for you doesn't it!

My greenhouse guy might not be a seed guy but he was in that bit at the back. Seemed knowledgable on strains... Made sure we were happy and he was happy chappy too... But then again if I worked there I'm sure I would be too!

When you thinkin of goin? I would deffo be up for it and I know my mate would too but I'm moving house next month... Devastated now as I wish I hadnt bought a house an would have upped sticks and moved to the dam tomorrow... Not even joking!

Right now I'd destroy my blue cheese blues with a flower bomb, followed by an ak47 to shoot it to pieces - not good! :)

I was lucky enough to win the indoor growing world cup contest here on the forum :) First prize is a week trip to Amsterdam with €1500 to spend :) Im staying above the coffeeshop ;) So excited ;)

This is why I don't mind anyone coming to help me smoke all the weed :)

Thanks Lu :)

Don't have to pay for anything :) Flights, accomodation and spending cash all sorted out for me, im taking a grand aswell so it will be awesome ;) Soooo excited :)

I would have went in July when the winners were announced but I have a room full of plants to grow out :) They will be done before then :) I can't wait ;)

Your more than welcome :)

• 3 weeks later...