CFL Lights???

PlayNaked

What size box are you using ???

I would ( if it was me ) do a mix of 6400K and 2700K during flower. But I would also do it like you as well. Ah shit man. All depends on you really. Like I said, I would do both ways but I am leaning more towards the 2 x 2700's for flowering.

YOU CAN ADD A 6400 TO BALANCE OUT THE SPECTRUM.

I have heard and read that statement since day 1 of growing but never tried it out. Not sure why. But hey. That's what testing is for.

• Like 1

Sorry for the delay...

So the box is aprox. 1x1x1,5m - i have one fan to keep the airflow going and right now still that main light 200W 6400K CFL... oh yeah and a reflector... he one with the little dents in it to disperse the light... and I also painted the inside with matte white to avoid hotspots???

Am thinking right now o add two smaller 2700K CFL's as I slowly change to flower mode... and then exchange the main light to 2700K also... and the two smaller ones to 6400K... will that be ok?

• Like 1

That's sound good light wise. I don't see any problems with that. If there would be problems, then your plants will let you know. Are you doing any training on the plants cause the 1 thing I learned from cfl's is that they don't penetrate deep enough for bottom growth to excell. So I would normally lst my ladies and strip off all the under growth and focus all the energy towards the main colas.

Flat white is good for painting the walls

No training whatsoever... my first grow... just want to get it to produce some buds... ;)

Will start to experiment with the next one... have some Kalashnikova auto seeds... Hm... as for the penetration of light... if I set the smaller two CFL's lower and on the side of the plant... so that they would shine directly into it from the side???

The way I see it is like this:

The plant itself is not to big... right now it is around 20cm high... but the thing is bushy... also the main stem is like 1cm in diameter... I am afraid that it will break if i try to bend her or anything???

I am thinking of taking of the "fan" leaves... those that are growing directly out of the stem so the branches which will have more inter-nodes will get more light, am I thinking in the right direction?

btw... thanks for all the help guys ;) I appreciate it

Ok, time for some more 2c opinions

I would chop the main cola and start training on the bottom branches ie, start tying them down bit by bit to form the "base" of the plant and then I'll build up on that

Option 2: keep the main cola and train the side branches outwards for more (smaller) buds.

The main cola does look promising and fat. What strain is this again ???

Good morning ;)

well at least here for me it is ;)

First to answer the question about the strain, it is some kind of indica, no one knows for sure. The story is that a friend of a friend had some plants out in the field.. some different kinds they got polinated and mixed... so my frined took some of the seeds and had them inside last year he let one get polinated so have some seeds for the future and gave me some... this is the only one I germinated since I got a pack of GHS's Kalashnikova auto and am right now germinating those...

I topped the side branches yesterday, now will give them a day or two to recover, and then I will tie them down, just to make them spread out ;)

I will also probably top the main cola today... and then once more... will see if I can get 4 main colas out of it ;)

as of today I will also add 2 small CFL's 2x 25W 2700K in addition to the main 200W 6500K bulb... just to get her used to the warm light ;) , I am also thinkong of slowly going from 18hrs of light down to 16, then 14, etc.... till I get to the 12/12 light regime with a big 200W 2700K bulb and two small white 6400K ones...

Is that a good plan, does it make sense???

as always thnx for the input and help

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'd like to first off point out after much research I discovered more small bulbs = more lumens per watt...

hate to say it but those big bulbs are a waste of power but I am also a penny pinching mofo who will dumpster dive a bucket instead of spend 3 bucks on one at walmart.

If your bound to the big bulbs for now just focuse on adding addition small lamps if possible(big or small they dont penetrate more than 8 inches). in my state my local power company has a killer deal with the CFL manufactures and u can get 10x23watt 1,600 lumen bulbs for like 6 bucks =P

at the moment I am running 10x23watt bulbs that pump out 16,000 lumens for 230 watts.... just something to think about.

My advice is dont give up with CFLS you will save the money on heat ventilation and over all lighting costs in the long run.

I have grown amazingly tight dank nugs with cfls~!~! u can and will too!

hope I am not outa place putting a picture of my tight ass node stacking done with pure CFL light~!~!~!

I hope you have a kick A$$ grow!

if u wanna talk cfl's msg me anytime

post-12705-0-01845800-1392008010.jpg

• Like 1