Autoflower opinion...

GthaDevil

I've got 2x Big Bang Autoflower on the grow at the moment, (were under indoor/CFLs but moved this week outside due to legal probs) and one is looking all good and about 2/3 weeks away from harvest (Hazzah!!!) but the second had to be topped about 3 weeks ago as the crown on the auto formed too early and was prohibiting all veg growth (and therefore giving me no space to grow nice healthy nugs!). Just out of curiosity - the topped Big Bang looks to have gone back into veg and grow out the two new colas - I didn't think this happened to autoflower as I thought they flowered/matured at the same rate of time regardless. Is this second plant going to develop/veg more before flowering, or will it simply mature with little to no bud on it? I was hoping to get a bit more veg out of her to get a bigger yield later on in the piece... fingers crossed! This is my first grow with autos and I was just curious as to this development. Cheers all!

post-32092-0-17278600-1380167870.jpg

post-32092-0-49808800-1380167939.jpg

well maybe with the stress of the change from indoor to outdoor it has reversed the cycle, don't think i had seen it before neither, or she is simply stretching ^^ we will see with the time :) if she keeps growing and builds new flower she should develop nicely, if she just sticks with those 2 small buds and don't grow well you will know she is stunted, i hope not ;)

Good luck man

Sometimes when autoflowering strains are breed some seeds end up keeping more characteristics of the regular strain they were breed with. This happens early on in the breeding process when the strain is not stabilized. If it were me I would put the ones that were not budding under 12/12 light. How many hours of light are you giving them?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks shamanstrain - good to know! Personally, I think I'll be leaving autos alone for a while and stick to getting my basics down pat with regular strains. As for the light schedule, here in Australia at the mo, we're in mid Spring and getting around 13 hours of good sunlight at a fairly dry 27 degrees c. I'm having to bring her in at night though and put her in the darkroom as we are still getting freak nightly frosts here with temps as low as 2 deg.c. - ahhh, the joys of the outback!

Since I was here last, she has continued to veg at a fast rate. I trimmed off a couple of the larger shade leaves that were blocking off the rest of the plant last week. This week, I have transplanted her into a larger pot (more potting/blood+bone/soil mix) which she responded well to. Today, I have tied down the two top colas to the rim of the pot. The two lower branches have been LST'd to grow further out - everything is nice and uniform for some latereral growth. There is still more pistol development, but it doesn't have seemed to stop stem and leaf growth. The change from outdoor to indoor on a nightly basis hasn't upset her one bit! I'll be sure to continue updates on this little mutant. Note - there is still only 3-leaf development since the topping. They remind me of the old adidas symbol!