Garage Growing

shucky1950

Hello everybody, first what i like to say here is that i am a total newbie, and that i'm making a first grow in my life.

Since i dont have much time and i need the money i am going to make a garage grow with like 40 plants.

So i was thinking i could get some answers here hopefully you guys can help me out.

1.) What do i need to do in this garage in order to make it a good environment for plants (kalashnikova ak-47 automatic) How should i design my garage and what do i need to take care of?

2.) Current. I don't want current providers seeing i waste a lot of it, so i was thinking of buying an aggregate (generator) so i have my own current flow. Is this possible? To connect all the bulbs to this aggregate? Is there anything besides bulbs which need current and need to be connected to this aggregate? Because it only has 3 outputs...

3.) How many 600w lights do i need to cover em all? Do i need a converters for each bulb when connecting them to the aggregate (if it does work lol)

4.) Air fans -> I've heard those can be bought, and i have no problems with buying them, but i have no clue how to install them properly, where to put them, at the end i have no clue how to use them lol

I know i'm asking a lot of questions here, but i really have no other choice. Sorry for bothering you, hopefully someone here has the time + the willingness to help a newbie out on his way.

Have a nice day!

Hi man welcome on the forum :)

Well first of all you need to choose a dedicated space in the garage for your plants and close it properly with on the wall rather mylar or white painting to reflect as much lights as possible :) i think for 40 plants you will need at least 5m² 4 minimum if you find pots that will fit in.

What o you call "current? and agregate? i don't understand this sorry :)

For the lights i think you will need at least 4x 600w. if you want 5 of them they will not be mad at you ;) And you will need 1 ballast per bulbs it's better for security and probably cheaper than big multi bulbs ballast. vould be wrong on this tho ^^

And for the fans it is very important yes, you will need at least 1 extractor with a carbon filter, it needs to refresh your entire room every few hours so it will depends on the size you choose for your room, you will find in the grow guru room some threads about ventilation ;)

You will also need an intractor to push some fresh air in the room. and a few fans running 24/7 inside of the tents during flowering to make sure you have no mold. i think you will need at least 1 fan in each corner of your room. depends the size of them *.

For the extractor it will need to be at the higher point of your room, so an opening on the roof for example, or in a corner top of the room. Your intractor needs to be on the lower part of the room and opposed to the extractor, this way it creates a nice air circulation inside the room.

That's about it for me ^^

Good luck man ;)

Thank you man for your answer. Current is like electricity power i don't know how to say. It's the thing we use everyday for lights, charging phones etc...

Aggregate is a machine which provides current and is being ran by fuel. So it wastes like 0,6l/h of fuel, and provides 3,5 kW of current. Hope you can understand now :P

oh ok a generator, i call it like this lol xD

Well 3,5 you might be a little short but it might work too it depends if it's a strong generator, but it's not the best for the ballast because the intensity of power tends to variate a little , and some ballast and bulbs don't like this. Maybe this problem is solved now on the ballast and on the generators i don't know ^^