Brown leafs on flowering plant

Stinky Pete

I say the regular flushing is messing with your ph. Flushing really only needs to be done the week or so before harvest, not on a regular basis, and it's a personal preference when it comes to flavors, not something the plant actually needs.

Thanx for the reply Melvan

About the flushing, when I say on a regular basis I meant every 2 months or so. And then I just skip that weeks feeding and just give plain water. The reason for the flush is because this plant I grew using chemicals and I was worried about the salt build up and just any other problems ( if there was any ).

Yesterday when I got to the plant, the leafs looked even worse. A lot of them were brown, dry and crispy. This was really a shock to me.

Love and Light

SP

Its a basic mix consisting of a 1/3 each, coco, perlite and compost. I have other plants in the same type mix and they are fine. All the other mixes get only guano as feed and this one only got chem's. Hence the reason for the flushing

Love and Light

SP

• 2 months later...

Diagnosing Plant problems can be a toughie.

I have never had any really serious defficiencies, though in my earlier days I expirienced over watering , over nitrification (the claw/devil's claw) spider mites and mag defficieny.

I have not had the problems you are expiriencing here , I did have a look round the interweb and found these pictures of potassium defficiency.

post-8436-0-01652600-1389698934.jpeg

post-8436-0-17549300-1389699557.jpg

post-8436-0-59576400-1389699601.jpg

post-8436-0-73045400-1389699636.jpg

post-8436-0-07410000-1389699665.jpg

I had a look at various plant doctors and this is the closest I came to a match to your problem.

I hope this is of some help

Peace and healing

Lams

Ahoya

No bro, not really. The leafs went V E R Y crispy and I was forced to harvest early. I have a suspicion that it might have been 1 of 2 things:

1. Something bad was in my spray bottle. Not sure if it could be this cause the only things I put in my bottle are Clove Oil, Citronella Oil and occasionally a garlic based spray.

2. White Rust Fungus.

We have a vinyard at our back door as the vines did show signs of White Rust.

I have NEVER experianced something like this and I never want to again

Love and Light

SP

very odd, I checked out white rust fungus and it does not look the same .

Making your own insecticides can be a little hazardous,using plant matter such as tobacco and the garlic can carry viruses and fungi. (I know you didn't mention Tobbaco, but it is  often used and may be useful to others reading this).

The essential oils should be free of virus and fungi.

In picture number 4 that I posted the leaves are crispy, the middle of the leaf is green with paliing at the margins.

The pictures I posted don't look exactly identical,but they do have the same characteristics, different levels of severity and different stages of defficiency, which means they look slightly different.

Maybe we never know, but like you I hope you never have this happen to you plants again.

Peace

Lams

Thanks for answering man..I can't figure it out I have super limon haze and sleeping dog and the dog is the one that's having trouble the haze looks grate and there both getting the same mix of nutes..its weird I did a low ec flush yesterday hope that helps

• Like 1

Some like it hot, which is to say some plants are greedy and some are sensitive to nutrients.

Generally this is over come by responding to the needs of you plants, by wtaching them and  letting them tell you what they need.

This is not always easy, years ago I used to grow from cutting and you'd get to know your strain like tha back of your hand.

Now these days with so many strains and fem seed we can change what we grow every crop and that relation ship we used to have with an old faithful strain has been some what lost.

I tend to try and find other peoples grow on the interweb before I grow out a new strainm, just to get a feel for what she like and what she doesn't.

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

IDk man im having a similar problem, first yellowing then browning tips and a few brown spots. Im certain it is nutrient burn, for both of us. Ive diagnosed my plant and treated it every way i can, but its hot soil for me anyways. Just Slightly but not enough to affect bud developement.

You are probably adding too much fertiliser. Id flush it for a few weeks and  lower your nutrient ratio quite a bit, Start with half the nutes youd usually use.

• Like 1

IDk man im having a similar problem, first yellowing then browning tips and a few brown spots. Im certain it is nutrient burn, for both of us. Ive diagnosed my plant and treated it every way i can, but its hot soil for me anyways. Just Slightly but not enough to affect bud developement.

You are probably adding too much fertiliser. Id flush it for a few weeks and  lower your nutrient ratio quite a bit, Start with half the nutes youd usually use.

Because to me it looks like Phosphorus Overdose, and we use phosphorus based fertilizers for budding plants :/

• Like 1

Also, dont feed her every watering. Feed her every other watering. So feed her nutes , next time, just water, then nutes again, etc.

To me it would seem that yellow leaves indicate nitrogen overdose/deficiency, brown indicates potassium deficiency , OR , too much phosphorus which creates nutrient lockout of both potassium and nitrogen and necrosis of the plant leaves, which is why they died so quickly. Its hard to diagnose because too much Phosphorus can appear to be nitrogen related, when in reality, the phosphorus is causing nutrient lock out of nitrogen, or vise-versa-versa. :]

AND REMEMBER...

Different Plant Strains Like Different things and essentially take up different nutrients. This is probably why, using the same nute mix for both plants, one is doing better than the other. Stick with the same nute mix for the one that's doing well, and lower your fertilizer : water ratio for the other one.

Hope this helps anyways. Message any of us if u have any other questions

• Like 1

Will do bro thanks for the great info. I only got bout 7 harvest under my belt so I'm still a rookie n haven't ran into this I've had a lil purple stemming but never to the point of leaves getting burnt how can I post pics I would like to show u guys how it's going I'm in week 5 of flowering n don't want to fuck this up..so I'll take your advice and low the ec on the sleeping dog thanks again

Hey Sin

welcome to the forum :)

Indroducing youself is a great way for us to get to know you and where you can tell us a little bit about your grow etc.

Introduce yourself link - http://forums.strainhunters.com/forum/38-introduce-yourself/

Start a grow journal. We can then follow your grow and then be able to give advice and  ask questions so we can be the best assistance we can.

Showing us pictures is a great way to evaluate your plant health and see if get it back in shape if it needs some TLC.

Grow Journal link - http://forums.strainhunters.com/forum/15-grow-journals-for-all-mediums/

Showing and posting pictures is explained in our FAQ (frequently asked questions)

Picture posting link - http://forums.strainhunters.com/forum/15-grow-journals-for-all-mediums/

peace and smokes

Lams

• Like 1

Ahoya

Lams, you give explanations that I can understand. LoL. I find it hard sometimes to communicate through social media but you helped me a lot there.

I will check into the whole fungi and stuff in the oils and see what's up. Maybe even test my bottles inside as it is standing now.

Love and Light

SP

• Like 1

Ahoya SP :)

I write it how I'd like to read it , there are time though, where I might have a bit of a ramble too, but I'm always happy to explain if I start to get too verbose.

I am glad that that we got some good comms, I totally understand the social media thing. For the most part I stay the f*** away from things like twitter and facebook.

Like Green House seeds I like to KISS - Keep It Simple & Straightforwards (some people say "Keep It Simple Stupid, I don't like to call anyone stupid, so I use Straightforwards).

Anytime you need a hand just holler and I see what I can do, we got a good family here and nice community vibe , there isn't anything we can't do when we have this level of understanding.

Peace brother

Lams

• Like 1

ok so it been a couple of weeks and things are looking good..I'm pretty sure what caused the damage to my sleeping dog plant it was the pk 13/14 that made the mix to hot..flushed with 1.1 ec and she bounced back and looking better then ever..I need to figure out how to post pic with my phone my laptop took a shit on me so now I have to do everything on my phone...I'm getting to the end of week 6 20 days till flushing

ok so it been a couple of weeks and things are looking good..I'm pretty sure what caused the damage to my sleeping dog plant it was the pk 13/14 that made the mix to hot..flushed with 1.1 ec and she bounced back and looking better then ever..I need to figure out how to post pic with my phone my laptop took a shit on me so now I have to do everything on my phone...I'm getting to the end of week 6 20 days till flushing

post-31834-0-57718800-1390582107.jpg

• Like 2