Dinafem Deep Cheese

Blackchimney77

I definately will share design and build with you guys Lamsbread. Thinking of evening getting into the light market to avoid people from buying all the expensive but cheap stuff out there. The power range with be rough around 330w using cree cxa chips as they seem to be the most relieable and efficient chips available from my research so far. The plan is to design and build a light that can produce nice quality buds @ a reasonable price without needing a bank loan.

Hey Blackchimney,

Awesome brother, if you make a nice DIY LED I might just build one too :)

the cree cxa are some nice tech for sure, lowest kelvin they do is 2700k the same colour temp as warm white cfl, I was wondering if it would be an idea to add some 660nm LED to bulk out the red spectrum?.

The highest kelvin they do with this chip is 5000 kelvin which is very close to daylight. which I have used for veg and for blending with warm white

Cree also do the CREE XLamp XPE

Power: 30W
Model Name: CREE XLamp XPE
Emitted Color: Red+Blue (8pcs Red Leds + 2pcs Blue Leds)
DC Forward Voltage (VF): DC24V-26V
DC Forward Current (IF): 350mA-1000mA
Maximum Pulse Voltage: DC28V
Maximum Pulse Current: 1200mA
LED Viewing Angle: 110 degree
Size: (L)55 x (W)40 x (H)2mm

I was wondering if you have seen this one and if you could give you opinion of it. I am asking because I no expert here. :unsure:

Will you plan to make it RoHS(which is an enviromental certificate) & CE (I think this one is madatory for electrical products sold in the EU) certified?

I am guessing certification will cost some money and would have to be added to the R&D costs.

I wonder if it were sold as a kit you might not be responsible for certification, as you would not be manufacturing a finished product but selling components for later assembly. ;)

I hope I haven't asked to many questions, I just have a thirst for knowledge. lol

Peace bro

Lams

The question are all good ones, i plan to build one first then test it out hopefully by summer, all the components I am looking at are RoHS and certified products by well known manufacturers. Evening using quality parts my estimated cost is still cheaper than those lights on the market in the same power range.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply :)

Nice to see the enviromental cert (RoHS) is covered!!

This is great news about your costing of parts and that you will be using some nice trusted components.

This is gonna be like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid.

Do you have an estimated time to build first prototype?

As always much peace

Lams

Hopefully by the end of April I will got something to show and try. Not going to attempt to get in the market again but one thing I know is the led market is not going to profit big off of me again. Plus when I get it all together I will be more than happy to share the knowledge, so others can attempt and build their own lights too.

• Like 1

Here is this week's update @ day 56 above ground (35 days flo/21 days veg),  The Deep Cheese is still spreading off nice. After this week I am going to let her begin with her vertical growth, as she already have lots of potential colas.   The GDP Candyland is also looking nice fingers cross it's a female.  Here are this week's pics- Pic 1(Deep Cheese), Pic 2 (Candyland), 

post-10464-0-35076100-1390127419.jpg

post-10464-0-01205800-1390127512.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful flat profile on that bushy deep cheese ;) Like you said there will be lots of buds, and all of em getting about the same light energy, really nice work :)

Did some reading about the Candyland, sounds like a very promising strain, I'm looking forward to seeing her (crossin my fingers too) grow up. I'm sure you've seen this but maybe other's who haven't might be interested :)

http://www.seedsman.com/en/candyland-regular-seeds

Keep up the nice work brother..flowering soon?

Peace and respect 

• Like 1

Really nice grow cannot wait to see the led I have got a 300w led in the shed brand new I got that angry I have not used it got burnt really so I would love to see how to make one from scratch I was going to get the ooo6 from northern grow and have it boosted when there new light come out but the out lay is 250 and to upgrade is 80 they say one off these is good for a 1.2 1.2 2.00 tent but the money I like the lst on the cheese nice peace

Nicc1976 The grow northern ms006 is a nice light and  the rebel modular replacement are £100 module . Rebel modules have been available for a few weeks.

They will also sell  you a case with without light units but will have fans and LED drivers.

Imagine you have two ms004 and replace 2 modules in each light with the new rebel modules, you could then put the 4 spare modules you have taken out from the other two  lights  & put them in to the empty case. you would then have three ms004's.

There has been good results with this light, there are quite a number of grows using it on the web.

Peace

Lams

Thanx guys, here is this week's update @ day 63 above ground (42 days flo/21 days veg),  A bit of good and bad news this week. The good news is, the Candyland has turn out to be a female and the bad is, I have given away my green crack to a mate,  sproutted another one that I end up breaking while handling.  This past week I have given the Deep Cheese her final clean up which have resulted in the remains of  20  nice tops to be and better ventilation which will help to prevent mold. I have also let her loose now so lets see what she will do.

Lams, while looking up a design for my plan build I came across this company name Makers Led which looks interested and will be good for anyone thinking of building their own lights.  http://makersled.com/

Pic 1 (Candyland), Pic 2(Deep Cheese)

post-10464-0-08035400-1390748479.jpg

post-10464-0-36832900-1390748531.jpg

• Like 2

looking good with all thos tops flowering now man! gonna be one pretty lady in few week :) For the smaller one good to see it's female too, tho it is very  small and i don't think it will stretch a lot more it will be a nice one bud probably, we will see :)

Have a good grow man thanks for the news

looking nice :)

Thanks for the link :) looks a good site for DIYers who make LED.

I have book marked it and will attempt to get some reading done if I get 5 minutes.

Can wait to see what this lady can do, she obviously like being tied down ;)

Because she is so short and spread out in a circle , she even looks a little like wheel of cheese xD

It is also gonna be nice to see your candyland grow out, any plans to super crop her, or are you gonna just let her do her thing?

Keep us updated.

Peace bro

Lams

This week's update @ day 70 above ground (49 days flo/21 days veg),  The Deep Cheese have started with the packing  and giving off a musky odour, can't wait to see what she will transform into in the next coming weeks. The Candyland have been giving a bit of training as she have begin to stretch. She is about double the size she was last week, therefore I got to go source some more ties before she tries to take over the place. Pic-1 (Candyland), Pic-2 & 3 (Deep Cheese)

post-10464-0-64070000-1391342327.jpg

post-10464-0-72049200-1391342403.jpg

post-10464-0-90370800-1391342552.jpg

• Like 3

Oh ya brother!! Look at the frost building on the bushy Deep Cheese, no wonder she's smellin funky :) Sorry to hear about the green crack. The little clones look like they are starting to come along to help replace it. Looking good brother, I love that LST work! 

Peace and respect

• Like 2

Thanxs Smokey, I have gotten rid of the clones and started another Green crack which is 3 days old and counting. I want to see what the hype is about so I had to give it  another go. After that I am thinking of doing Arjan haze 1 as it has been on my to do list for a while now, plus this summer I want to do some Dutch Passion Autoxtreme outdoors to get two crops and prevent the cold weather. Last year the weather messed up my Titanic Hawaiian Snow which resulted in a bad out break of mold so I had to harvest it earlier than I wanted. My mates said it was still killer thought, Hawaiian Snow is really a hard strain to beat.

This week's update @ day 77 above ground (56 days flo/21 days veg),  The Deep Cheese have continue to stack on weight, looks like she will be ready for the chop in the next 3 weeks (fingers cross). The candyland is also coming along nicely too. Here is this weeks Pic 1- Candyland, Pic 2 - Deep Cheese

post-10464-0-90530700-1391943905.jpg

post-10464-0-43462300-1391943997.jpg

• Like 3

good job man the deep cheese is packing up nicely now :) looks like it's damn sticky as well with all those trichomes everywhere ;)

Thanks for the news man i hope the GC will do good as well and the other cheese turn out as good as the deep

Have a good grow

• Like 2

Thanx Guys, This week's update @ day 84 above ground (63 days flo/21 days veg),  The Deep Cheese is still putting on weight, I have given her a nice flush yesterday using Canna Flush and today with ph plain water. Tomorrow I will start introducing GHE Ripen for the next 10 days then plain water for the final 4 days.  As for the Candyland it is starting to add weight also. My Green Crack  this time is coming on strong so I will definitely get to see what the hype is about for sure fingers cross.

Here is this weeks Pic 1&2- Deep Cheese, Pic 2 - Green Crack Pic 4- Candyland

post-10464-0-88652400-1392565481.jpg

post-10464-0-10703900-1392565509.jpg

post-10464-0-21246700-1392565543.jpg

post-10464-0-69238100-1392565590.jpg

• Like 2

This week's update @ day 91 above ground (70 days flo/21 days veg). Last week for the Deep Cheese, She is now on her second week of flush with just plain water this week. The Candyland seems to stop all growth so I hope to see some nice packing soon and the Green Crack continues to still look promising. Here are this week's pics, Pic 1&2- Deep Cheese, Pic 3- Candyland and Pic 4- GreenCrack @ 18 days above ground.

post-10464-0-83408600-1393175917.jpg

post-10464-0-05463800-1393175985.jpg

post-10464-0-58276600-1393176040.jpg

post-10464-0-54662200-1393176077.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys, It have gotten a bit busy at work so been working long hours, But the final yield was 1.75oz. She is on her third week of curing now and I must say its only getting better and better as it cures. I would definitely recommend this to others and grow again. It have a kinda of a sweet dairy taste to it, The high is clean and clear with a crippling stoned effect. I am a sativa lover but this hybrid does it for me  I must say, especially after a hard days work. Man it's nothing like growing your own as you get way better taste and quantity buds than what's out there. Here are a couple pics of her buds

post-10464-0-60002100-1395589039.jpg

post-10464-0-79380400-1395589074.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is just a quick update on how the GDP Candyland turned out just in case anyone is interested in growing it one day, Man oh man it's dank no rass, Nugs are solid as a rock, when you break a nug they crumble just like cookies,  when you put a small nug in the crusher you will be surprise by the amount that it produces, the smell of the nugs are just stink dank, The appearance which you can see is beautiful when people see or smell the aroma they are like what the hell if that, I want to be smoking what your smoking. All I can say is that it is definitely eye candy due to that purple that stand out in the colour. Now for the taste it's very sweet on the intake with a kinda of sweet rank taste similar to the Hawaiian snow on the exhale- delicious, very delicious. The high is a nice clear sativa high with no body stone or paranoia, its a very uplifting strain that makes you feels nice and irie. I would say it's a connoisseurs delight. The only problem is that the yield was small but it's could be to me not really giving her the love and attention she needed from the start. But I would definitely grow this again, definitely a must try for any connoisseur.

post-10464-0-84934700-1397921103.jpg

post-10464-0-46779000-1397921183.jpg

• Like 1