the journey

chronixx

• 1 month later...

Hey buddy i digg what you doing, can see a lot of great idea's and ingenuity:) From what i can read/see your plants are staying small due to your position on mother Earth, you will not be able to grow the plants bigger without extending their veg period drastically which can only done with lights (someone correct me if i'm wrong)

But don't think of that as a disadvantage, i'm down here in South Africa and if i want a harvest off a photo-period strain its at least a good 5-7 months wait from germination to harvest, that's why i'm spending 5 - 6 euros PER SEED so i can get the quick results you have with all your strains  :D

I know what you mean though about wanting big ladies, maybe if u really wanted your huge girls you could veg all your plants indoor and then just pop them outside to flower :)

Do you have any downtime where you are ? as in months that are too cold to grow outdoor ?

peace brother :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

thanks bro. yeah its has its good and bad things. but I can say the smoke is goooooood :). loving it.
what also ia very nice about they are so small Is thart they can stay in small pots and don't need a lot of water.spares me aot of carry water.

well what I could do is grow fully sativas, they will veg and flower at the same time but like what you have it will take around 6 months.

the drying was very difficult for me... they don't get dry good... I let them hang for 2 weeks and still not dry good.. so after I dry them for 2 weeks I put them for 1 day in a place where its pretty hot. around 40c I think, after that I put them in a glass pot and open it 3 times a day. in a week the buds will be perfect dry. after a month the smoke is a lot better yeah but I cant wait :P

thanks for all your help again guys.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, im back from a nice 4 weeks holiday and now its time for me to start growing again, but this time im gonna do it a bit different thanks to you guys!!!
I think im ready to grow bigger plants and have a lot less trouble succeeding like how I want it.

I had 2 big growing sessions now and got into a lot of sh*t as you could read from my last posts…. but still had a nice harvest. J
with my last session I had some BIG problems with leaf fleece and some other weird white animal and also some spider mites….
I was trying to use a bath from garlic,chili powder and soap. I was so stupid to put too much soap and my ladies didn’t like that at all…. And the fleece didn’t even go away. My leafs were dying really fast but after I flush the soil a lot of times they started getting better again but still lost a lot of leaves.
So later i just bought some major insect killer that Is not harmfull for any veggie plant and that workt perfect. They all died!!!! I think there were millions of them. I found out really too late… good lessons aswell. Check your plants many time.

So yeah, now I think I went true kind of everything that can go wrong now and now im fully motivated to grow again.
I got so much more knowledge thanks to the ppl that reacted on my posts with such a usefull information plus the experience in have now after 2 growing sessions and offcourse a lot of reading.

there are just a few small things I would like to hear your guys opinions from.
and btw I got a nice digital PH meter now J

seeds/strain.

I know now that I was using the wrong seeds for this place on mother earth… because of the constant 13 hours of light we have here my plants will start flowering way too early and stay super small…  
so in need more sativa!! But how dos this work?? Do I need fully 100% sativas now or would they also work good if they were like 70% ? this is the most important thing for me now.i also have to say that the climate here is really HOT always like 30c.

Im going too order some seeds from the internet now and don’t want too waste money and time on planting the wrong stuff again.

So please could someone tell what he thinks about this? Maybe some advice on seed strains??

I would really like to order seeds from green house seeds but there is a lot of indica, I wil also order some other brand seeds aswell too try them out.
I would love to try the super lemon haze or the arjans haze, or some like this.

potting pots sizes.
after these 2 sessions and some resurge on the internet I noticed that I was also using the wrong size pots and I was transplanting the way too many time….
I read a lot that ppl transplant only max 2/3 times, so I will be doing this as well.
I also read that the roots like to go more deep then wide and how deeper they go the bigger they get.
so I was thinking too start with a plastic drinking cup that is pretty long, so the mj will not get root bound fast.
 I used to use these but I think they are really not good and make my plants aswell stay small.

Now I will try too first germinate the seed, then into the cup.(size I still have to look for, upload pic later), then into a 25liter pot and later maybe go for a bigger one if I need, or from cup into like a high trashcan or something,something that is really long and not too wide. I will try tehm both see that the differents will be.
what you guys think about this?

I cant wait to start again and this time with some awesome seeds!!! J
if everything gos well I will be spamming my topic with pictures J

Peace ganja farmers!!! 

Hey good to see you back around and ready for another round man :) 

That pack of sativa should do good in your area i think, maybe only the Strawberry will not like too much the heat, but its not sure, she is a sensitive girl but nothing is impossible ;) 

For the Repotting times, for sure 2 is enough for me, eventually 3 if you go in extra large pots later, but usually i prefer to put the plants directly in their final pots so they settle really the way they want inside ;) but this is just personal taste! 

And for the strain choice i think if you find a good hybrid with Sativa dominant it should do the job nicely also. but that Haze pack seems tasty ;)

Dont forget to find a great nice soil and in the end this is what will really give you lovely plants ;)

Have a good grow man

• Like 1

alllrivht!!! thanks dust! im gonna orrder these seeds now.
now that i finnaly got a PH meter i used it yesterday and it suppriced me. all my dirt is between the PH 5 and 5.5..... damn... i know it need to be around the 6.5 and the 6.8 so im far from that.
now i will have to see how i make a good balanced water with PH up that i bought at a pool store.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hey guys im back again and i have a few questions. i got some problems with my plants...

btw dust, i think you were right about the white spots on the leafs. after i sprayt some anti insects stuff they didnt become more.

1: dos this mean that the temp of the sun is abit too hot??
the leafs really curl upwards abit... and get some burnt spots.
curl_up.jpg

burn2.jpg

2: these leafs look very light green and sinds they are small they have this weird curf in the leafs... what is this?? ph too low?

ph2.jpg

ph5.jpg

ph3.jpg
3: these holes start too became more and more on different plants... 

heat.jpg

and here some pics of my ladies :).
men men men i put so much hard work in this project. like i said in the beginning of my topic i want too do it as the best i can so yeah, that will be alot of work but this much i didnt expect :P. but i love it!!!! it all working out alot better then my last session so im really happy how it gos now. my biggest enemy the lizzard family can only smell and look at my ladies but nooo taste for them. sooooo.... i won now!!! :) whehehe. thanks to the help you guys are giving me. now lets pray for some big budzzz!!! :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

this works great for me, give them a little bit shadow nd this is realy all animal proof. also pretty cheap to make this. just smash those metal pins in the ground and then i rap a 50% shadow cover around it and let it stick out abit on the bottom so you can put some heaqvy sand on it so the lizards cant craw in for below. :).
but now im not sure if i need to put some on top aswell, i think the sun could still be to hot sand tgive some problems as you can see in my post more above.

set_up.jpg

• Like 1

now i finnaly found out who is eating these holes in my leafs.... they are super small little crickets.... and i can not catch them... they are really fast aqnd when they jump i can not find them anymore.... this really sucks.. dos someone have any experiance with these... is there any herb or something else that could scare them away??
i also found some supper small caterpillars... these i just need to spent some time on picking them out of my ladys and kill them... 

a good friend of mine brought me a HANNA water PH meter this week and im super happy with this. so now i can test my water. i give my ladies sink water and i see the PH of it is 8.3-8.4.
i allready had a PH soil meter that dosnt work that good but still can show me a bit of range that my soil has.
my soil is around 5.5-6.0 so it is too low... now im experimenting abit with baking soda to bring my water abit up so the soil get in a better range.
but could someone maybe explain me why my soil gets so low in PH with the tap water i give with a ph level of 8.3.
i read alot on the internet that ppl mostly need ph down.... so how is this possible ?? the water is allready pretty high compare with other growers.... is it maybe because i add coco hush or hydro balls into my soil or something? 

In soils with high content of manganese-containing minerals, Mn toxicity can become a problem at pH 5.6 and lower. Manganese, like aluminium, becomes increasingly soluble as pH drops, and Mn toxicity symptoms can be seen at pH levels below 5.6. Manganese is an essential plant nutrient, so plants transport Mn into leaves. Classic symptoms of Mn toxicity are crinkling or cupping of leaves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soil_pH

found some info there might help u with soil. on ur bug problem i dunno,can u get a net over also ?, that should stop new from entering, not sure how u catch the once there though. ur graden looks nice :D and good luck onwards

thanks for te info men. the PH problem is really a big problem for me now... but yeah i think i can do nothing about it so i think i must just let it be till i go to holland and get myself everything i need. 
to close it all is not really gonna be possible. i need to enter aswell and it will block alot of wind and it will pay more attention to the chopper4s flying over....

whehe, yesterday i trew around alot of chili powerder around my plants.... now i learn to ware a mask :P men my nose was on fireeeee!!!!! hahaha. this will work abit against some animals. 
i got a idea to catch the grashoppers maybe. i will let you know what is is if it works ;):D. gonna be a hunt.

Yo man sorry didnt see the question when i saw the photos! And sorry but i dont remember of any way to keep the caterpillar or crickets away, i know there are some toxic products but never good for our plants :S

check maybe something with spraying soap or something like this but not sure.

Have a good grow!