jack herer veg

bluegrow600

For seedlings HID is not the best type of light as it can be too strong & hot for young seedlings, a  600W is a big old light to be putting them under.

I would preffer to use a cool white or daylight spectrum florescent tube, cfll's or LED.

I love the results LED give in veg, such compact plants ,very short internodes & no stretch. (I grow LED through out my grow)

My seedling stay short from the moment they pop not even a tiny bit of stretch in seedling/veg, just natural height from new growth.

If cash is a problem get a nice cfl blue spectrum.

8" is very lanky, yes put it under a bit more coco ,be very carefull not to crush/squeeze the stem as damage may cause damping off (where a seedling collapses & dies).

Worst case senario, get a different light as sugested above and pop some more beans.

Make a folder for your pics and put it somewhere easy to find on you HDD, then upload the pic using this link to show you how - http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/3217-insert-images-and-videos-in-new-forum/

The FAQ section of the forum can be very helpful  advice  for making posts and uploading picture etc -  http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/3217-insert-images-and-videos-in-new-forum/

A handy tool for reducing the size of your picture files is "File Minimizer" - http://fileminimizer-pictures.en.softonic.com/   I find this very convient and you don't lose picture quality.

Peace & smokes

Lams

Thanks for the pictures ;)

I would only reiterate get some blue spectrum on her CFL is cheap.

You can get a 125W blue cfl for less than £20  GBP / $32 USD you will also need a lead they are cheap.

A cheap reflector for 125W cfl £25 GBP / $40 USD

Once you got it , you'll be able to start more seedling under it.

Dirt cheap option regular cfl's that you use in you home in cool white or daylight can be used.

Get a bit more coco round her.

peace

Lams

Like Lams said 400/600W is a lot of light when she's so young, I use a T5 light which has 4 fluorescent tubes each 24W so 96W in total for the first 4 to 6 weeks, lights 18 hours on 6 off then move them under 600W

I would definitely say you need to use less light for at least 2 weeks, cheaper on electric too ;)

Hope this helps you out bud :)

Animal

• Like 1

yes i agree with the boyz :) 600W is great for the veg time but a little later when the plant has 2 3 weeks at least and can take it easily :) for the seedling period like they said i would go for a good CFL i Had a 200W i used for 2 years and it was doing a great job.

For your stem also you can burry it like you mentioned, it will take a little time to root but it will root with the time, and in the meantime it will hold the plant better, just make sure before you add the new layer of medium to baerate and break properly the surface of your mdium in the pots, so you avoid having hard spots in the middle of the medium it's better :)

Good luck man

• Like 1

Yo dust,thanks for your input. we have spoken before in another account I had, I just want to mention when they sprouted they got leggy in root riot then I put them in rockwool cubes (pre soaked) as they started to become floppy from then I put them into coco a day or two later,they just couldn't support them selfs.. Would the rock wool be slowing down the root process so thats why my leaf span is slow? I havnt waterd them since I have taken these pictures.

Safe

well i would be tempted to say yes, but i'm not neutral on this because i hate rockwool lol, i really find it too compact and rude to the touch, i know it's a good growing medium and blablabla but i don't like it so for me it was root riot, and directly in medium after once it's rooted in the riot your seedling is safe and will not care the medium

MH bulbs are good for VEG yes, i actually kept them also for the beginning of flowering as well, during the 3 first weeks as it tends to make a little shorter internoeds if the light is at correct distance, the sunmaster bulb will have redder spectrum so it will be good for your flowering once the buds are all formed and starting to gain size, some people prefer to change the bulb when they change the light cycle, i prefered to do it a little later like i told you ;) Try both and make your own decision :)

• Like 1