Angola (Africa)

Guest guest

Angola has one of the best Sativa strains i've smoked! It would be really nice to find that strain again :P

Localy its called 'Liamba' .. its one of a kind...

.. last time i tried that strain was almost 10 years ago... So my memory of it is a bit gone... But i remember that it grows almost like hemp, i droped seeds in outdoors ground, and in the spring they come to life real strong and healthy without any watering or so from my part eheh very sativa looking

• 10 months later...

it´s 2 kind of weed,liamba and bula,very strong, but 5million mines land,it´s not very secure,and they dont a have non organizacion for they strains,sativas but very dificult to find good weed, liamba it´s more hallucinogenic and bula it´s more like the indica ,that true,it taste like sardine barbecue eheh,a few years ago in portugal the only weed that exist,

• 3 months later...

The boom of weed in portugal was in the 70's more precisely in 1974 when the retornados ( designation given to the white portugese that after the independance of the colonies in africa (cabo-verde, guine bissau, sao tome e principe, angola and mossambique) came back to portugal

With this new start in mind but with both hands and pockets empty they saw in marijuana a good way to make money (another example how this plant's save people). Plastic grocery bags where sold at cheap prices.

This weed was very mental it put's you happier but besides of that almost everyone of that time that i have spoked told me that was common to alucinate. Statues moving, fishes, butterflys, colors and flowers are just examples of people saw.

Liamba is the name that angolan people call marijuana, but i don't know if in the other colonies is the same or not and i don't know if in that time the retornados called liamba to their weed.

Fish smell angolan weed is often heard in portugal but i do not have sure if it referes to this one.

now i have lost track of marijuana history in portugal and i don't know what happens to the pot and almost 30 years latter i have in first hand angolan marijuana, street named bula. this one is mental but somehow energetic, very good high, very uplifthing and happy high with an unstopable laghts.

this go on for 1 or 2 years and then no more weed around here, or at least like this two.

this strains are my holy grail, hope i have contribute with info

• 2 years later...

I've a brothehood in Angola and he said 'liamba' (cannabis) in there is easy to buy with excellent quality. Brazil & Portual are effects too much to Angola, it's reason why the cannabis in Angola is good. And my friend has good connections, i'm looking for him to help me find the landrace strain for me. I think Angola & South Africa is must-come area when we want to hunt some landrace strains.

• 2 years later...

I would like you to visit angola, not just becouse its my home but ive been readding and i saw that angolan weed "liamba" came from india buy the portuguese during the time they were discovering other countries and that has some os the malawi weed mixed... and that "maconha" brazilian weed came from liamba when the angolan slaves were taken to brazil... i cannot say that all of this is true becouse i just read it. But thats something i think you would like to know also. 

The angolaian weed is great. I bought some from angolans in portugal on my visits there in 76 and 78 , when Angola was still a country occupated by portugal. I smoked some with a young fella and that really got me lifted and in a trippy laughing mood. Nxt morning on the beach in Albueira I met 2 guys from angola carrying abig baggage for clothing and I asked them if they could sell me some weed for around 20 bucks. They hesitated for a moment and told me to come along under that lone large rock on the beach. There they opened that bag and I coudn't believe it - it was full with dark brown ganja. Couple pounds. Even though that was seeded it was a strong and nice tasting potent herb. I think it is the way they cure it to that real near black dark brown looking weed, that makes it so strong. Those days all weed was seeded. First Sensi I smoked was in Jamaica, Outdoors it was too much work to check for all males in the aerea.But still really good stuf. Probably even better by now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 07/04/2016 at 1:02 PM, Bruno_arroteia said:

I would like you to visit angola, not just becouse its my home but ive been readding and i saw that angolan weed "liamba" came from india buy the portuguese during the time they were discovering other countries and that has some os the malawi weed mixed... and that "maconha" brazilian weed came from liamba when the angolan slaves were taken to brazil... i cannot say that all of this is true becouse i just read it. But thats something i think you would like to know also. 

I've read that manga rosa is a descendent of angola red, and that it did came from slaves. Do youknow anything about it? It makes sense