Lams Mixed Auto's LED Grow

lamsbread

Hi Hunters :)

This thread is under construction! ;)

Just wanted to throw something up, as I keep putting it off, so many things to do. ;)

I will tidy this up tomorrow!

Strains

1 x Sugar Gom - Grass-O-Matic

1 x Auto Bomb - Green House Seed Company

1 x Blue Mazzar - Dutch Passion

1 x Massive Midget - Heavy Weight Seeds

Equipment & Other Sundries

• 2 x 185Wactual draw LED
  • 1 x 150W actual draw LED
  • Rhino Filter
  • Vente accoustic temperature controlled fan upto 400m3 per hour
  • Heated propagator
  • 12V intake fan
  • 17cm oscillating clip on, air movement fan
  • Bluelab Truncheon EC/TDS/PPM meter
  • PH pen
  • Homemade Accoustic fan box
  • 1m silencer
  • Insulated walls
  • Rootit sponges
  • Digital & mechanical timers
  • Surge protected Extension gang for LED lights
  • Thermometer & Humidty meter
  • Root growTM Mycorrhizal Fungi
  • Maxicrop - Seaweed – Plant growth stimulant
  • Biobizz – Bio-Grow & Bio-Bloom & TopMax (fish mix & Bio-Heaven on order)
  • Molasses - Black Strap
  • BioBizz Lite Mix & Biobizz All Mix
  • Perlite
  • Hydroton –Clay pebbles
  • Dia Hydro - Diatomaceous Earth  Granules

The Cab

• Dimensions – H 200cm x L 106cm x W 53cm
  • Insulated walls – Insulation for laminate floors used
  • Under cab insulation – Lag jacket sections used
  • Under cab waterproofed – Gutter repair rubberised compound
  • Under cab additional insulation – Plastic coated ripstop radiator foil
  • Doors additional insulation – Plastic coated ripstop radiator foil
  • Light baffled intake fan – louvered vent cover – black pond filter media – cowled intake cover
  • Light baffled doors – internal wooden baffle lip & E-profile rubber draft excluder
  • Locks – 2 x mini bolts & 1 x star bolt

LED Lights Specifications

• 2 x  Elitegrow Pro 200 (180W actual draw)
  • 11 Wavelengths inc IR & UV
  • Diamond Lenses
  • Brigelux & Epistar diodes
  • 3W single chip diodes
  • 90o Lenses
  • 2 x 120mm cooling fans
  • Switchable modes – Vegetative/Flower/Full Spectrum
  • 11 Wavelengths of Color Output: 760nm, 740nm, 720nm, 660nm, 630nm, 615nm-480nm, 460nm, 440nm, 415nm, 380nm
  • LED Quantity = 100
  • Total power draw 185W (When using Full Spectrum)
  • Dimensions – H 70mm x W 210mm x L 480mm
  • Total coverage 90cm x 105cm (Veg)
  • Core coverage 75cm x 90cm (Flower)

• 1 x Vipar B2X3 (150W actual draw)
  • 5 wavelengths Blue(440nm/460nm), Red(630nm/660nm) & White(3000K)
  • Secondary lenses
  • 80o Lenses
  • Switchable modes 3 or 6 light modules  on/off
  • 2x 120mm cooling fans

Some pics, I appologise for the quality! I am no Photograoher.

post-8436-0-56061000-1390779072.jpg

post-8436-0-87247500-1390779100.jpg

post-8436-0-53255000-1390779118.jpg

post-8436-0-74892000-1390779130.jpg

post-8436-0-29134900-1390779140.jpg

Peace Brothers

Lams

• Like 7

I like the set up lams I have got a led but no room at moment can't wait to see how it goes I have got some bio bizz bio g bio b bio top max but have not used them yet so it will be cool to see blue mazer from dutch passion can become a beast one off my friends got over 100g a plant nice smoke

• Like 1

nice to see a new run with you man, clean and steady report ;)

I will be following from close this full led grow as well, we still don't get to see many and it will be nice to watch :)

But so far it seems the led are doing a god job to keep the plant compact and bushy.

Have a good grow man keep us updated ;)

• Like 1

:) looks nice m8 i will tag along for ther grow

can i request pics of vent box

Hi zub

The new accoustic fan has been put in to another accoustic box (one that i made for my previouse fan) Double accoustic lol.

I can unscrew the top and take a photo. It will only show the top of the fan and the control knobs.

Probably be on Sunday when I plan to do my next weekly update.

I can post a pic from the net if you like , I can also photocopy the manual if you like.

Peace bro

Lams

Looking good Lams :) I've been looking at LED lights a lot lately so really looking forward to watching these babies grow

Have a good one bud :)

Thanks Animal :)

I do like my LED's they do keep everything nice and short.

Nice to have you along for the journey.

Peace brother

Lams

I like the set up lams I have got a led but no room at moment can't wait to see how it goes I have got some bio bizz bio g bio b bio top max but have not used them yet so it will be cool to see blue mazer from dutch passion can become a beast one off my friends got over 100g a plant nice smoke

Hey nicc :)

Thanks for you kind words.:)

I will be sure to follow your grow, when you get a bit more room for your LED!

Just got a few othe BioBizz bits - BioBizz fish mix & BioBizz Bio-Heaven, The fish mix is used instead of Bio-Grow and the Bio-haeven can be used the whole grow and is a plant energy booster.

One of the reasons I have only 4 plant in my cab, I've never grown any of them before and the mazzar can get quite big,watch this space. ;)

Thanks for stopping by

Peace & smoke

Lams

nice to see a new run with you man, clean and steady report ;)

I will be following from close this full led grow as well, we still don't get to see many and it will be nice to watch :)

But so far it seems the led are doing a god job to keep the plant compact and bushy.

Have a good grow man keep us updated ;)

Good to have you along Dust :D

When I was first on the forum LED was still a little shake and at that time only a few LED produced well.

I wanted to try so much, but price meant I couldn't. Now it is possible to buy better and cheaper LED lights and there are so many more grows on the interweb.

About a year ago I got my first LED & haven't looked back, now I have three of them lol ;) This is a bit over the top, but it also mean I can if I want to select different setting and still have plenty of light.

Having LED mean very very short plants internodes almost touch, of course once flowering starts some stretch will happen.

In fact I am glad of a little stretch (not something I would normally  celerbrate) ;) Bushy yes that too In the picture it looks like a green mop!

Peace my friend

Lams

• Like 1

Nice Selection and set up you have their Lams, I will be tuning in for this one

Nice to have you along :)

The selection is quite nice some new ones to me , the Mighty midget is deffinately one I am interested to see what it does.

So far it is doing well and just started flowering, the seed was saoked Christmas Day and so is about 3ish weeks ahead of the others, something to have a smoke on whilst I wait for the others.

Peace brother

Lams

looks very interesting friend, I attached the wire to see progress and results. 

Thanks for sharing! :)

Hey Jose :D

Glad you come a long for the journey & you have your wire attached. ;)

I am just as interested in this grow as it is more LED than previous grows.

thanks for your kind words

Peace bro

Lams

I love how short and thick you are keeping those girls.

Hi Bluesky :)

Your not kidding, These LED's are soo good at keeping them short!

Massive midget has just started flowering , next update should be on Sunday.

Thanks for dropping by :)

Peace brother

Lams

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hunters :)

Here's some pic of whats going on in my cab.

I have had a bit too much light on my girls, mostly they only got a bit of stres on some of the leaf edges on the Blue Mazzar and The sugar gom.

The Auto Bomb just didn't care and showed no sighns of stress :)

The Massive Midget is 3 weeks ahead of the rest and was that much taller and took the full force of the light, causing some bleaching and purple colours whilst trying to protect from the intense light.

The lights have been  raised and things are back to normal.

To be honest they were all a little lower than they should have been as I am using 510w of LED in 2Ft2 lol, I wanted to see how short I could keep the plants.

The answer to this is very short plants, but I also pushed it a little too far with the intensity of the light.

My new LED is more punchy with its light intensity due to the 80o Lenses it uses and is a new quanity in my grow, my two other LED lights have 90o Lenses which spread the light a bit more & can be used closer to the plants.

Recently I have been a little busy with this and that & wasn't doing a daily check, tsk. I got a bit more time to spare now and am able to do daily checks. ;)

Temps go between 24C - 27C

PH of soil is 6.5

RH 45-48

Feeding with BioBizz - Fish mix, Bio-Bloom,Bio-Haven & Top max. First time I am using Fish Mix which replaces Bio-Grow and also first time using Bio-Haven.

As you can see they have all got very bushy and staying very short.

I hope the picture are acceptable, I am so bad with photography these are the best 8 pics from about 70 shots lmao. I am constanly trying different settings but still don't really have the hang of it. Camera I am using is Nikon Cool Pix S3100 compact camera 14 MP.

First off some pics of the Massive midget and her stressed out colours.

post-8436-0-18844000-1392071739.jpg

post-8436-0-30167600-1392071773.jpg

The Auto Bomb and her not bothered by too much light attitude ;)

post-8436-0-49979100-1392071745.jpg

post-8436-0-21248300-1392071765.jpg

The Blue Mazzar (Left) & the Sugar GOM (right) Slightly affected by light, but not too bad

post-8436-0-68860500-1392071783.jpg

Psychedelic LED pic of the Auto Bomb

post-8436-0-23231500-1392071793.jpg

Psychedelic LED pic of the Blue Mazzar

post-8436-0-38901600-1392071802.jpg

Psychedelic pic of the girls

post-8436-0-44064700-1392071810.jpg

Hopefully keep it weekly updates from now on ;)

Peace

Lams

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about light damage mighty midget I like it never read anything about this plant its crazy how many sorts.I love the colour under leds I like to keep light close never done it with autos I find with fem when you change to 12,12 if light has been close they stretch but the plants seems moor stumpy and fat see how you get on nice lams peace

• Like 1

Hi Lams, awsome set up you got...

I hope that MM will recover & i wish you a good grow...

I ll be following...

Keep it green & chill hard!!

Thanks bro :)

Yeah she'll be fine, she keeps poppin more hairs every day and think should fill out nicely. ;)

Thanks for stopping by

Peace

Lams

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about light damage mighty midget I like it never read anything about this plant its crazy how many sorts.I love the colour under leds I like to keep light close never done it with autos I find with fem when you change to 12,12 if light has been close they stretch but the plants seems moor stumpy and fat see how you get on nice lams peace

Thanks for the kind words :)

It doesn't seem to have affected  flowering & i'll be certain to keep lights a lil higher in future. ;)

Well I guess I now know the limits of my new LED, making mistakes is part of life, but I still don't  like to do it too often. ;)

These are all auto's and light is 24/7 , stretch with  is exagerted by the difference in day time / night temps, the bigger the difference in temp, the larger the stretch.

My temps stay fairly steady and RH stay fairly constant also,this doesn't cause spikes in RH as you would get with 12/12 light.

The plants are very short and are wider than they are tall.

They should be having a bit of a stretch about now as they have just starting to flower.

Peace

Lams

Looking good Lams :)

Loving the lights, they're doing a great job at keeping those girls short and bushy, a little bit of stretching now and they will look even better!

But like you say it's all a bit of trial and error with the LEDs and a few mistakes along the way will only make us all better growers :)

Just out of curiosity what height did you have the lights and what are they now?

Keep up the good work man and have a good un!

Animal

• Like 1

Lights were 18" above the Sugar GOM, Blue Mazzar and Auto Bomb & 12" above Massive Midget Due to her being taller.

One thing was amount of light in such a small area, each square foot was getting 127.5 Watts of light (2' x 2' divided by 510W), which is a huge amount of light but temps are not a problem so thought I'd give it a go. There are so many different answers to how much is too much, so I thought I'd see for my self, what I have found so far is how close is too close!  ;)

It will be interesting to see the final results. My grow space is 3' x 2' which I normally fill using only 370Watts LED, due using 4 autos which I didn't know how big they would get I only germed 4 seeds.

6 square foot divided by 370W is 61.6W per square foot. With my new light total Watts goes up to 510W divided by 6 square feet is 85W per square foot.

Lights are now about 30" above, with mature plants can deffinately get them closer but new emergent growth just can't take it.

The Vipar need to be higher than the E-shine's, something to keep an eye on , so I don't get bit by the Vipar again lol ;)

Thanks for stoppin by

Peace bro

Lams

• Like 1

Thanks for the news man, lik the guys said sorry to read about the little light stress, but well no you said everything was undercontrol and daily checked so i'm sure they'll jump  back ;)

Have a good grow man

• Like 1

Lams just thought I would ask the viper led is it as good as you hoped or better because it looks like a good light I have a 300w switchable veg&flower but once the plant gets a certain size is just not powerful to reach hole plant did not get ript off I was expecting to much as it was only 160 GB thanks

• Like 1