The free samples 2 test :)

• 9 months later...

You know,that aint a bad idea as clearly they need them testing asap..

I know theres testers seeds but im yet to see any that are really from expeditions,would be good if they did put expedition finds for test,I guess they can ony carry so much home and then have to breed for seeds,I dunno but very good idea.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Are there going to be seed releases of the collected varieties from the expeditions? I just started browsing the forums and can't find any info on what has become of the seeds that are being collected? I can't wait to get a chance to grow some of these exotic strains. I bet there was some potent varieties collected in the malawi and caribbean trips. Some of the best I've had came from jamaica and the carribean. I'm enjoying some SLH right now but I'd love some of that pineapple smelling malawi gold.

-GL

yeah it will be nice to taste the various breeds from around the world i hope there is a very resinous strain from india would love to try my own finger hash like they did on the indian expedition, had small amounts in the past but only from when i was trimming my girls never grown a strain just to try that

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Really wanting to grow some afriacan genetics as love durban poison, and my mate never shuts up about some weed dryed in cobs he got over in durban. Malawi Gold sounds good and tried my friends swazi from Sensi seeds good shit.

• 1 month later...

Are there going to be seed releases of the collected varieties from the expeditions? I just started browsing the forums and can't find any info on what has become of the seeds that are being collected? I can't wait to get a chance to grow some of these exotic strains. I bet there was some potent varieties collected in the malawi and caribbean trips. Some of the best I've had came from jamaica and the carribean. I'm enjoying some SLH right now but I'd love some of that pineapple smelling malawi gold.

-GL

They should arrive beginning of 2013, Dixit franco on chat ;)

But tho i don't know what varieties will come out first, it will be the surprise :D

They should arrive beginning of 2013, Dixit franco on chat ;)

But tho i don't know what varieties will come out first, it will be the surprise :D

Any new news????? Feels like years have passed since the first expedition to Malawi... So unresolved, so unredeemed. So many new genetics since. Its been so long that I cant be sure, and it's been so long right now, so long.

I must confess that the primal sativa can't be held back any longer.

Willie is 80 as of yesterday, we can't wait.

I hope there is something behing the marketing.

-GLove

not that much REAL news, we know it is advancing nicely, some of the landraces i've heard were on really close to beeing ready, i hope we will ee that in action really fast! i know it has been long i can't wait neither to see it happen, and really hope it will be worth the wait! well at least we'll have the flower bomb kush nd that one is a killer to keep us waiting, but i really hope we will see landraces on opening. time will tell ^^

• Like 1

not that much REAL news, we know it is advancing nicely, some of the landraces i've heard were on really close to beeing ready, i hope we will ee that in action really fast! i know it has been long i can't wait neither to see it happen, and really hope it will be worth the wait! well at least we'll have the flower bomb kush nd that one is a killer to keep us waiting, but i really hope we will see landraces on opening. time will tell ^^

Well, I hope so. Franco said "it takes 18-24 months to come out with something really stable and really reproduce-able across the board... minimum of 18 months."

Now if flowerbomb kush is green crack x og kush, then that wouldn't take very long at all to make. More like 3 months for that.

If they hold genetics like og kush, bubba, GC, trainwreck and widow then there should be "crippy" crosses with the best of the landraces.

-GLove

FBK is ready we have sent the first batch of seeds few weeks ago for the world cup, and a few for testing ;)

All we need now is see if the testing and cup go well :)

I thought FBK was already out. Didn't FBK win the cannabis cup? Which comes first... strain, seeds, testing, or cups?

FBK is ready we have sent the first batch of seeds few weeks ago for the world cup, and a few for testing ;)

All we need now is see if the testing and cup go well :)

cups first in most cases, i think actually there was a rule at the beginning of the cup like every entry had to be a new strain that was not yet out on market.. perhaps a kind of rule like this is still running i'm not sure, but anyway yes it was at the cup, and it is in the coffeeshop since few months, but seeds weren't ready yet for sale :)

• 3 weeks later...

The point of a Landrace companie is to spread some native OG strains. I don't mind some crosses if the outcome is great but then it could be sold via Greenhouse as well. Seems the landraces do take longer to be stable indoors and to feminize them is a whole different story. I am also sure Arjan won't cme out with a crappy new company that offers 3 strains or so. It just takes as long as it takes, better wait till it is right than opening early and have a disapppointing start.

Not sure if the FBK is for the Strainhunters line. It was introduced under Greenhouse seeds, the 3rd place winner in the Sativa line Green Shack was labeled as Strainhunters seeds very first cup entry; so expect these first but real Sativas are not what most growers want.. Would love to take an inside view on the lines in the breeding facilities atm. They were busy collecting seeds from all over Marocco, India, Malawi, Swaziland, Jamaica, Carribbean etc.

The Himalaya Gold would also qualify as a landrace. A nice strain with a mild relaxing high. I think some of these strains will be milder than the hybrids and clone only THC bombs that are en vogue right now.

• Like 1