powder feeing g/h ph and ec question

bestdave

hi everyone

im new to this board i would like to say hello to you all

im looking for a help this will be my first time using powder feeding by green house the question i have is on the ph and ec levels for best results , can someone please tell me how to use this product i understand its 1 spoon to a liter etc but i  want to get the right ph level or ec level  how do i do this ?

my water here in the uk reads at 8.1 so i am buffering it down to 6.5 for my bio bizz grow which is  (soil) my next grow i want to try green house powder feed in soil ,so do i make up a large amount of water and then add the correct amount of  (scopes) to the amount of water and then check the ph and ec levels of the feed and if incorrect how do change the ph and ec

thanks

• Like 1

Hi bestdave

First the spoon is about 10g, you would only need one of them in

10l of water

Dust one of our staff along with lamsbread have written threads

about all sorts of thing, the link is POWDER FEEDING BROCHURE

http://forums.strainhunters.com/topic/6603-powderfeeding-brochure-includes-a-feeding-schedule/

For measuring PH and EC you will need meters and you adjust

as you would any nutrient solution. 

PH buffering, you do the same as you are doing now

EC is done by adding water if above desired EC level and more

powder if below desired EC level and adjust EC level before the

PH level

PEACE

• Like 3

It also depends on the genetics that you are growing, the substrate and the growing season (growth, flowering, how many weeks)

Each stage requires more or less amount of nutrients, each genetic, EC admits more or less well.

Regards

• Like 2

thanks for your comments i understand what you are saying but my question was  before i make up a large amount of feed up do i lower my ph in my tap water first before i add my powder feed and how do i change the ec allso

thanks

I normally adjust ph-level when i have mixed my tap water with my nutrients and waited a couple of hours for the nutrients and the water to mix properly and made sure my Ec level is at a desired level, then I adjust the Ph level in the whole nutrient solution and wait a couple of hours before I feed my plants with it. That way all the powder feeding had been dissolved and mixed well in the water. You can control the Ec level by using less powder feeding in your solution. Calculate the amount og PF you will need by taking ec.  10l of water and then start by using only 5g/10l and the ad 1g at the time til you reached your desired Ec level or just ad more water to your solution if your ec level is incorrect. 

• Like 1

I normally adjust ph-level when i have mixed my tap water with my nutrients and waited a couple of hours for the nutrients and the water to mix properly and made sure my Ec level is at a desired level, then I adjust the Ph level in the whole nutrient solution and wait a couple of hours before I feed my plants with it. That way all the powder feeding had been dissolved and mixed well in the water. You can control the Ec level by using less powder feeding in your solution. Calculate the amount og PF you will need by taking ec.  10l of water and then start by using only 5g/10l and the ad 1g at the time til you reached your desired Ec level or just ad more water to your solution if your ec level is incorrect. 

brother

this was the info i was looking for so thank you very much for helping me out ,this will be the first time i have used this product so i think i am going to be doing a threat on here from start to finish for support etc

im currently using bio biz products on 2 of my ladys autos critical there is only 3 weeks left on this grow there not doing to bad as this was my first time at giving it a go

thanks again for your help !

I never had any issues with over or under feeding using powder feed ! Just make sure you flush properly and maybe add some Zymes for dissolving dead root material. Usually I add plenty water - a kind of mini flush - before or after changing the pot size. That way any salt build up will be drastically reduced. I like to give them another good shower / mini flush in the niddle of flowering, the next flush is the final bigger one - approximately a week before reaping time By mini flush I mean 5 litres or so of only ph adjusted water - the final flush is at least double of that. Equals good taste , white ash and a clean burn. 

In case you cannot take out your plants make sure you monitor the ph + EC values exactly - SCROG, SoG or simply too many plants to move in and out of the grow room/tent - flushing can only be done in a bathroom etc

I never had any issues with over or under feeding using powder feed ! Just make sure you flush properly and maybe add some Zymes for dissolving dead root material. Usually I add plenty water - a kind of mini flush - before or after changing the pot size. That way any salt build up will be drastically reduced. I like to give them another good shower / mini flush in the niddle of flowering, the next flush is the final bigger one - approximately a week before reaping time By mini flush I mean 5 litres or so of only ph adjusted water - the final flush is at least double of that. Equals good taste , white ash and a clean burn. 

In case you cannot take out your plants make sure you monitor the ph + EC values exactly - SCROG, SoG or simply too many plants to move in and out of the grow room/tent - flushing can only be done in a bathroom etc

bro

thank you for your help notes been taking lol im going to be doing a threat when i have started 1 please chin in as i might come unstuck lol

• 2 weeks later...