Strain Hunters Money Maker grow problems :(

TheJokerSmoker

Hi all I'm new here as you can see. I've come here in hope you guys can help me out. I've been growing a money maker plant for the past 3 and a bit months due to using it for clones/cuttings. It's been growing well the whole time under 600w hps light and not had many problems until the last 2-3 weeks when it's been flowering.. The buds don't seem to be producing much they are formed even the hairs are changing colour but there is no swell from the buds or no growth of the buds just a few hairs. It's really annoying me as it was all looking good but now it appears a waste of my time and money. Does anybody know the growth of money maker if they swell like crazy in the last 2 or so weeks? I shall post pics when I get chance to. Please help guys.

• Like 1

Hello friend, 

We are here to help in any way we can :) 

Please post some pictures, and specifies all the details: exact time of flowering to 12/12, substrate used, form of pay and amount of fertilizer, etc .... 

To help the greatest number of data it is essential. 

Greetings!

Hey thanks its very much appreciated here are some pictures of it now. I turned it to 12/12 on the 14th of febuary so its due any time after the 11th of this month apparently as its only an 8 week flower period. I was growing it under 600w hps but unfortunately I still live with my mother and she found out due to electricity costs and I had to put it in this tent under cfl for the last few weeks it appeared it actualy flowerd better under the cfls then the hps due to heat. Here in the uk we obviously have different nutrients and iv heard my friends that grew used canna nutrients and they worked well so I used canna a and b for vege stage and been using canna bloom and canna pk/47 for bloom with drops of superthrive through out the whole time. But my experience with this type of nutes and this plant was that it coped well most of the time but every now and again it got burned from over feeding so I flushed it and finished off the vege with just water and during flowering only been water with nutes every few days as I didnt want to over water it with it not being as hot under cfl so not drying soil as fast and mainly not to experience the same problems in flowering but I guess I did wrong not to just pump it full of nutes now. It's constantly been on 6.0 ph and biobiz all mix soil. Im not sure if any of you are familiar with anything I used as I said im from the uk. Its annoying as iv had 30 cuttings/clones from this and grown elsewhere and they are fine. Hope you guys could shed some light as to where I gone wrong other than the major fact I had to swap light typed in flowering.

post-33995-0-86294200-1396978492.jpg

post-33995-0-45161000-1396978586.jpg

post-33995-0-28117100-1396978693.jpg

post-33995-0-34088800-1396978787.jpg

post-33995-0-99770800-1396978873.jpg

• Like 1

Hello friend, 

Thanks for all the info and photos, my English is complicated and sometimes it takes me a bit to understand.

You mean that:

Growing has been used:  Canna A + B 

Flowering has been used: Canna Bloom + Pk13/14

PH: 6.0

You use coconut with sustrate right?

All this info itd ok? its a good grow friend.

In the photos, the leaves show no excess nutrients, so there seems to be a problem of over-fertilization.

You say that only a few days left to harvest, but the buds are very thin. They have not gained or developed properly.

Money Maker is not a very productive genetics, but  is not too a low productive. It is obvious that there is a problem with these plants you teach, the buds have not formed correctly.

With the info you offer me, I can only deduce two things: 

- Missing an amount of lumens, lack of light = very low production.

- A feeding inappropriate. I think you got it right, because they look very healthy, but it is also a possibility.

If I had to bet a beer with you, I would say that the problem has been the limited amount of light. Since the plant looks very healthy.

Regards :)

• Like 1

I personally think that thees girls suffered from stress on an early stage and then never really recovered from that and that's the reason to why they stopped producing right.. Perhaps because of the over feeding as you described or because of heat problems as I can see you only have a small tent and with 600w hps in that tent without the right control of temperature i'll imagine that it has been pretty hot at some points...  What have the temperatures been through out you grow day and night time ?   

• Like 1

Yes that's right you got all information correct. Shes currently under 4 30w cfls atm I know its not enough but I thought it would be better to finish her off than kill her as I couldn't use the hps anymore. Unfortunately she did suffer shock in the first week of germ. Its a real shame as she looks a beauty but just no bud :( may have to use trim as hash and chop her down. Cant see her changing now.

120w cfl just will not cut the rope man..

such a low ammount of light will cause ur Plants to take ages to gat even a little budmass most likely u have 100%amber Trichromes before that can even happen..

U cant really do anything about it if ur not able to get back a decent lighting.

even with 250 Watt ur easely set if u only produce for ur self 600W will produce far more than u can smoke alone if used right.

with 250w the costs should deffenetly be affordable its half the pover a midrange PC uses.

otherwise u only could try something like a real lowprofile grow, make a really thight scrog and cfls directly above it

cheerz

Yes unfortunatly i think like the Boyz, your cfl wont be sufficient after the 600w to finish properly the cycle, plus like somebody mentionned it seems like the bud development stopped at sometimes due to some stress perhaps your overfeeding or something else..

the buds will continue to develop  a little bit but for sure wont become huge, If you have a nice outdoor spot you might have better chances with them by revegging them and flower them again it could give some monsters if they survive this other stress ;) At least for one maybe?

And also for next time, PH & is a little bit low for flowering in soil, i personally prefer to finish flowering around 6,5 . I use PH6 in the beginning of veg eventually if i have a little bit coco in my mix but otherwise i start around 6,2 in veg up to 6,5 in flowering ;)

Have a good grow man