Super Critical advice.

Raimz

Good evening,

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with the following as I am really interested in this strain.

What would be the best way to grow Super Critical in 120x120x200 grow tent. Im not sure if I have to use some special method/training and how many plants should I plan to have in the end for maximum yield.

Also could anyone elaborate on growing times? When should I transplant them from 0.7 litre pots (meybe those pots are too small?) to bigger pots and when do they enter into different phases. Also how big pots I should use for end result? Guess the final pot size depends on grow method to be used.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the great community :)

• Like 1

Hi man, well the super critical grows nicely in all condition, ive seen some very nice Sea of green done with it, but also some awesome SCROG done with that strain, tell us what light are you going to use in your 120 tent? it can help to decide what kind of culture would be better, and what kind of yeild you want to achieve, in how long :) the SCROG will take a little bit longer because of the training of the plant before flowering, where the SOG (sea of green) Can be a lot faster especially if you go directly on 12/12 from seed.

For the transplant I personally use for germination 3L pots and then put them in 11L when the 3L start to be filled, it usually happened around week 2. If i grow in 12/12 from seed i usually put them directly in 11L pots.

Cheers

• Like 2

Dust,

Many many thanks for you.

I'm planning on using 600w MH (cooltube ventilated) during vegetative period and 600w HPS during flowering. I have put in order for 10 seeds so that is the maximum amount I can grow. Time is not a big concern here as long as it doesnt go over 4 and a half months. I dont mind if it takes a bit longer or a bit less. What Im after is optimal yield.

Im sorry if I come off a bit dull but this is my first grow ever. I hope it goes well and I will grow a lot more alongside you all :)

If anyone is interested I could also put up journal once it kicks off.

Thanks a lot

Dust,

If you have any time then any further comments and instructions would be most welcome. I have currently placed 10 seeds into 2.4 litre pots and they are under 600w MH that currently runs at 75% due to heat issues. Is it ok to run lamp on lower frequency than it was designed?

I'll try to go for the said 800gr/m2. It would be really nice to know what grownig techique I should use and how many plants I should plan to have in the end to grow maximum yeld.

Many thanks

• Like 1

Hi friend, 

In a cabinet 120x120 you can put 16 pots without problems. 

If you prefer to make a scrog, is also good with 9 pots, well spread and give them a good growth, that branch very much. 

You must put a net over and go shaping the branches, so that all the network is full of branches.

When the entire network is full of branches (I estimate between one month and two months of growth, from seed). Then it's time to move to flowering. 

scrog well done one can give this great production. You should know that water will have trouble, when you start the network and full of branches, a drip irrigation system or flood, can be of great help.

Use the lamp to 75% is not a problem electronic ballast you use it? no problem, everything is correct. 

Remember, to get more tips apical / pruning branches, and fill the whole network, tangled branches. 

Greetings! :)
  • Like 2

Jose,

Many thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

As I have sowed 10 seeds of SC, I think I must go with 9 plant SCRoG. As soon as the ladies pop I will kick off the grow journal so we can go from there.

All the help is really welcome and appreciated as it is my first time :)

Thank you and have a good day.

• Like 2

Yes i would agree with Jose as you say your max is 10 seeds, go for the Scrog and make then nice!   Maybe you could consider to use some kind of curved shape on your SCROG ( like a kinf of U, higher on the side the more far from the light, and lower in the middle ) if you only have one light, it will use a little bit better the light available.

Check all the Grows of Bozoph on the forum, he is our scrog master kind of hehe ;) Always doing it very nicely and with nice explanation in some threads ;)

Good luck man

• Like 3

Dust, Jose, thank you both for your answers.

At this time it seems like I will have eight ( 8 ) usable plants, others didnt pop from soil. As I can read out then I can achieve biggest yield and best results with SCRoG, yes (remember, time is not a factor here)?

If everything is done right and goes well, then how much dry bud do you guys expect I can yield? I have them in 2.4 litre pots and 11 litre pots standing by for transplanting. I hope I got the pot sizes right ...

Thank you both again for your hospitality and advice.

• Like 2

Yes 11L will fit withotu problems, if you only have 8 plants you can even put 15L if you want, but usually 11L is enough to make some nice plants. For the harvest it is very dificult to say it depends your skills and your environment :) with 8plants and 600w if you dont have problem your minimum should be around 400g, up to a lot more if you do great ;) with a little bit extra light in the 120 you would make even more, but this is far enough for personal smoking  :)

• Like 3

Dust,

Thank you for your reply, it is very helpful.

Would you recommend additional CFL lights or even a higher output HID? Thing is that I cant add more heat into growroom and allready have my 600w inside cooltube. Had to replace my adjust-a-wing enforcer :(. currently the temps are aroud 24c but they can easily get 28 during hot days. Humidity worries me a little as it is around 37% RH.

Yes, this is a grow for personal use, but it will be my only grow for forseeable future as I will soon lose physical ability to grow. Mabe things will change, we'll see ...

Thanks again, and I will keep you fine gentlemen informed how the ladies will do :)

Peace

• Like 3

Hi bro, 

Thank to you,  for sharing your day with us   :)

24 degrees is a good temperature, 28 degrees should not worry (I have grown to 38 degrees ....). The best temperature is 24 or 25 degrees, so that the plant devotes all his energy, growth / development. With 28 degrees, no problem friend. With more than 30 degrees, the plant devotes its energy to not get dehydrated, you lose more energy than necessary. 

If time is not a problem, you must make a good growth, shaping all branches go, do selective pruning to opbtener more branches, excel, etc ... 

The goal is to fill the network branches, so that everything is a sea flowering buds. You can get very different production, as a function of do the job and how to feed your plants. From 400gr to 800gr medium with a culture very careful. Super Critical is very productive, and well maintained, is very good. 

Take the advice of Dust, the always well advised, you need  talk to Bozoph  he do some scrogs very good.

11 liters is good, 15 liters is also good. The difference is that you take more or less time in having to re-watering. If you have experience cultivating coconut substrate, I recommend. If not, cultivate land is the best option. 

Greetings! ;)

PD. One pic of my last Super Critical (central bud without scrog, only grow and flow normal):

post-8660-0-55608600-1401352760.jpg
  • Like 4

Jose,

Thank you so much for your reply. It is good to know that my temperatures are within safe margins. How about relative humidity, is 37-55% ok? Dominant is around 40% when lights are on. Its a bit low for vegetative growth but sure will keep the mold away as far as I see it.

I currently have 11l pots and 25l pots in standby, I think 11l will be good as I love to handle the plants. I am a medical grower with a late stage osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and being around plants, working with them and taking care of them relaxes me, so its no problem at all if I need to tend them more, I preffer it.

I will certainly try to look up Bozoph and get his advice on it. Will also try to get a good camera to make a journal for you guys to see.

Jose, this is a very, VERY nice looking cola you have there. How much difference would you say I'd have when I would go regular vs. SCRoG? I myself think SCRoG could be more beneficial as I only have single light. Few CFL's can be added if necessary. Also replanting to outdoors, into natural soil can be done if there are too many plants in box.

Peace

• Like 2

Additional question:

My plants are currently under 600w MH that is running at 100%. Plants are 40cm (16in) away from the lihgts but they have streched to 8cm (3in) with very thin stems so one plant cant support its weight anymore. Snapped from bottom but I hope she'll pull through. There is also 24/7 airflow to them to strengthen then up.

Any ideas how can I stop the streching? Cant move them any closer to lamp because EasyRolls wont let and it gets too hot then anyway. Could it be due to low relative humidity?

EDIT: I would also like to know which is better to grow outdoors in temperate climate. Either to germinate seeds indoors and plant directly outdoors into natural soil, or let them grow indoors for few weeks and then transplant outside.

Thanks guys

• Like 1

If they are still very young, you can simply add more soil around the stem and it will hold it, what i do when i am in that case, i cut the bottom of a plastic glass, put it upside down with my plant in the middle and use it as a minipot that holds the plant ;)

To stop the stretch there is not too much to do, you should not go closer than 40cm with your 600w even if its cooltube its risky. I´ve noticed some strains stretched a little less under HPS but its not always working.

And for the adition of light you could go from the CFL to the LED if you have heat issues. I think something like 2x 250cfl would do great on one side and another of your cool tube ;) but the LED panel would give you more interesting posibilities as it seems the cannabinoid development is diferent under LEDs, in your case with the cancer it could be interesting for you, and wouldnt heat that much, but it still cost a little bit expensive for most people.

And for the outdoor if you have optimal condition you can put them outdoor for germination, if the weather is changing and you are not sure, or you have a lots of pest in your area, then it is better to grow them few weeks inside until they become strong, 2 3 weeks should be fine, but always prepare the soil where you are going to put them before, break the soil turn it around mix a little bit of things if you want, you will find a lot of threads about outdoor ;)

Good luck!

• Like 2

Dust,

Thanks mate, your advice is appreciated.

It seems that streching has stopped a bit and I have put spliced drinking straws to hold the plants upright until they get more robust.

I will check around and see if I can find any decent LED panels or CFLs.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello everyone I hope all is well with everyone. So I picked up 5 super critical feminised seeds from Seedsman for my 1st grow ops. She's in flowering mode right now and I know it's 8 weeks for flowering mode but how many weeks does she stay in Veg mode for? And I did a mainline/manifold for a high yielding technique which I gave her a full 8 weeks before I put her in flowering a few days ago.  I have her in super soil and a 630 watt SE CMH grow light with all the bells and whistles.

IMG_20200607_181729.jpg