MEGABUD WTF!

Growmaster J

Was told about this product MegaBud. Totally gives you huge colas, stunts stretching,  etc... which is true... for a price. I've got way bigger buds on strains I've produced for years but in the end of week 4 I have zero crystal production? Three people that referred this product failed to mention that part to me. Anyway I can save this from an embarrassing outcome?

• Like 1

every single one of these plant height control products are not safe to use and banned with consumable products like cannabis. only reason they can sell these things in grow shop is that they are registered to be used with bonzai and ornamental plant growing i repeat only for ornamentals, not for a plant you will smoke or eat....

( Superbud (Australia), Phosphoload (Superbud rebranded - North America), Rock Juice (Australia), Flower Dragon (North America), Gravity (North America), Bushmaster (North America), Boonta Bud (UK), Rox (UK), Cyco Flower (Australia), Mega Bud (North America) and Yield Masta/Sudden Impact (Australia and NZ) )

the active ingredients in these products are called plant PGR's usually Paclobutrazol or Daminozide that are both carcinogenic, banned from all food products and consumable products all around the world but the grow shop bastards keep pushing them because they are not talking about smokables or edibles with customer! and they are hustlers who dont know shit about our(or any) plants or how to grow them, that is illegal you know so they dont talk to you about it:D

that explains the hustle behind the products http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/plant-growth-regulators-poison-marijuana/ , take a look at with google  also i repeat again it is POISON and it will make your bud POISON

i hope you also tell the shop guy or people who referred you that product they should take better look at what they put in there food/smoke so they wont poison other people and especially not recommend it to others, many dealer growers do it anyway for profits even if they know the risk....

if the bottle says not for food plants it also means not for smokables.   dont use it m8

• Like 3

Wow a debastadora information. It's always good to use products for growing homolgados normally be homologated for growing tomatoes, if marijuana is prohibited in the country. But it is approved for edible plants, so smoking is also possible. 

Personally, I'll never use these harmful products for smoking .... not healthy, carcinogenic substances. Be careful with those things ....

How far are you into flowering? There isnt any magical way to do it anyway, you can of course help a little with a good feeding regiment, and maybe check  a bit infos about molasses if you havent heard about it. But if you are already far in flow i dont think it will magically change unfortunatly.

Good luck man

i dont know if it can be reversed, i read that the reason it stops resin production is that the daminozide and paclobutrasol blocks the gibberellic pathway that is resposible to various developmental processes, including stem elongation, germination, dormancy, flowering, sex expression, enzyme induction,  leaf and fruit aging and responsible for resin production:/ so by inhibiting the pathway it also reduces or almost stops all cannabinoid and terpene production in worst case and many other functions

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I have heard using certain nutrients are bad but didn't know this was one of them. Also I've heard you are only supposed to use Mega Bud for a little while, until your bud gets the size you want it.  It is stopping all the production of trichomes and terpes, so all the bud does is get fat, then when you stop feeding it the Mega Bud, it starts growing normally. This means you are feeding it a lot less "toxic nutrients" and would save on the cost of a large supply.  I'm no expert but it does seem like bud steroids that create massive huge buds.  These buds then are so big they can't dry fast enough and causes mold on the inside.   They also do not form complete solid  nugs in some cases which almost need to be cut down more in trimming.  So this stuff is for someone wanting to go olympics with it, not a beginner or you will have a lot of mediocre weed in the end anyways.

• 3 years later...

This MegaBud product is ONLY FOR VERY EXPERIENCED Growers.  You can never ever use it as directed on label.  I was taught to use this when i was younger.  You can only use 1/3 to 1/5 of the dosage and you can only apply it ONCE during flowering in week 6 or 7 after most crystals have already formed and all you are looking for is plumper buds.   BE VERY CAREFULL WITH THESE PRODUCTS if you are not an expert grower.