HELP HELP HELP!!

I've got issues with my babies, a couple of the buds are drying on the plant, I can pick it off and crumble it in my hands!

My environment and nutes are as follows:

Medium: soil

Temps: 32c day 28c night - can't get the temps down!!

Humidity: 40-60% - again, can't get it down (got a dehumidifier)!!

Nutes: bio bizz grow & bloom, pk 9/18, h&g bud xl, Fulvic.

Day: 45

This is my first soil grow, I had to do it as I couldn't keep the temps down in my nute tank.. Being a summer grow, I've had heat and humidity issues, with the buds looking airy.

I don't think it's bud rot, as I've seen that before and it looks nothing like what I've got going on here (unless it's a different type I've never seen before!), I think the problem is over fertilisation, but would like a second opinion and some help fixing the problem if it can be fixed!! :D

I was about to start the flushing process today when I noticed the problem. I'm thinking to flush with a flush rather than plain water, then hope for best. Unless someone thinks that it may be something and has a different possible solution to my troubles

The first pic is the problem bud and the second is a normal one.

Thanks in advance guys!!

post-33553-0-20076600-1406067918.jpg

post-33553-0-01519700-1406068757.jpg

• Like 1

Remove them dead leaves quick bro, can promote bud rot. I had something similar with one I over fertilized. Just flush it to death and hope for the best. Maybe that the plant is no taking on enougth water , if the stems are blocked with chems. Seems to be locking out water getting to the tops if they are drying out. How far from the light are they .

Hello, well i think you probably have some mold in your buds, if you leave them a few weeks more, the buds should start to turn dry on some parts also. i hope im wrong but it looks a lot like what i had one day, try to look very deep inside the bud to make sure there is nothing.

Have a good grow and good luck

Thanks for the reply Pi2 & Dust, 

I should of mentioned, I'm doing 15 White Strawberry Skunk and 1 C99. Also I counted the days wrong I've got 7 (maybe 14) days left till the chop (I'll explain the 7-14 day bit a little later on, as it's a new development on my resolution action plan)!

Although it's my first soil grow (12 years hydro, on and off), I'm not sure that I've overwatered them, as I've been watering them roughly every 4 days and the soil has been dry down to my second knuckle each time; as for the pics, it may just be a bad angle and lighting, and possibly because it was their watering day when I took the pics that the leaves look down a little..

The leaves have been doing the yellowing and dying thing from around 4 and a 1/2 weeks into flower. In all my years doing hydro I've never ever seen that happen! So I got online, and read that I should be using bio bizz grow and bloom (the guy in my hydro shop didn't tell me that, else I'd've spent more money with him!), and was only using bloom, so I got my ass to my hydro shop same day! Then after that I read that it's normal for some strains as they use up stored nitrogen, so just carried on with my feeding schedule (nutes then plain water alternated).

I think there may be a few issues going on, mainly because of the heat and humidity - regularly over 32C and 40 - 60% humidity; raising into the 80's on watering days. On top of that I'm a novice in soil!! so I put things such as the airy looking buds down to the temps and RH. But after having time to think, assess and work through my thoughts I've come up with some possible reasons for my troubles, I'm not so sure that there's one culprit, but more likely a multitude of things cumulating to the overall issues. 

Thanks for the input Dust, yesterday I found more dead bud in 2 different places and I was gearing up to harvest today, but before hacking away, I did exactly what you said; I looked everywhere, going right through each cola and bud, and there's nothing else, anywhere else, THANK GOD!!! So I decided to let it go the full distance and monitor it meticulously, :keeporder: in the hope that the buds fill out a little more and the trichomes mature to their peak (and maybe increase in number as it's looking a little weak on that front), plus give me a bit more weight!  :biggrin:

Still, after reanalysing the situation, I've got a few more thoughts to throw out there, that, hopefully someone can make sense of and advise me!

My Thoughts and reasoning:

* = thoughts

* = reasoning

Yellowing:

I believe that they are over fertilised, despite watering plain water between feeds. I'm thinking that the high temps have made my babies transpire at a higher rate, and use more water, consequentially concentrating the nutes available in the soil.

My C99 isn't showing any signs of problems, at all. No yellowing and all the cola's are so dense, if I were to hit someone with a one, it'd probably do more damage than a brick!  :comando: Maybe she just handles the heat and humidity amazingly well and has a higher tolerance to nutes (I've found my summer strain!!) 

Dying buds:

I think it may be some sort of mould or possibly damage from the nutes splashing during watering.

The areas of, lets call it mould (for conversations sake) have appeared sporadicly and has only affected light airy buds in random places of 2 separate plants - the one in the pics is at the front of my screen and had mould on the tip of a top bud + on some buds growing under the net line, and hasn't troubled the most dense cola on that same plant or any other fat cola for that matter; my other baby is also at the front of the screen, and in the line of fire during watering. I checked this by doing a dummy feed (no water just watering can!), and found that the mould has appeared in places where water/nutes could have feasibly splashed the buds while reaching to the plants at the back...

Airy Buds:

I think heat may've play a part, but I also think that over fertilising hasn't helped!

Originally I put the airy buds down to heat and RH, but after mulling over the yellowing issue and seeing the C99 flourish (No yellowing) in the exact same conditions, soil and feed, I've come to the conclusion that the airy buds and yellowing may be linked; also if the majority of the WSS are closer to 9 weekers, then they should only just start filling up around now...

Harvest (7 - 14 days):

Another thought I thought I'd throw out there is that I'm currently on week 7, My C99 is a 50 day strain, so should come down tomorrow - if I had somewhere to dry it! - where as my WSS's are 8-9 weeker. While hunting for mould I noticed a few of the buds look like they are starting to fill out a little., so I'm thinking maybe I should run them all for 9 weeks (or at least 8 1/2), end up with a tyson knockout high from the C99, and get the full potential from the WSS.

My C99 has filled out over the last couple of weeks, so while my WSS's look airy now, maybe they won't by the time week 9 roles around (Especially if I can fix the current issue causing the yellowing!)... I'm not expecting C99 rocks, but maybe firm - medium density and a better yield (I read somewhere some time ago, that they gain around 30% of their weight in the last two weeks!). I'd love to hear from people with experience with WSS to gain feedback on how they should be looking by now (Day 49)...

Dismissed:

I also read up on and considered Verticillium and Fusarium as I've never seen this kind of thing before, but dismissed those as I'm sure that it would be more pronounced across all of the plants as they all have the same soil, etc. and for the fact that I couldn't find a single bad bud today!

So people! 

• I'm trying to fix the over fertilised issue with flushing,
  • I can't do anything about the heat or RH - air cooled lights & Dehumidifier already, plus the hottest June and July I can remember!! (maybe it feels that way cos I've been battling heat for months!),
  • I'm hoping someone has a suggestion in terms of my watering and harvest action plan,
  • And again, I'd love to hear from anyone with first hand experience with WSS and it's characteristics, such as density and more importantly HOW IT SHOULD LOOK 2 weeks from the chop!

Sorry for the essay, but there's lots going on in my grow room, and in my head!! A little later I'll take and post pics of the cut out bad bud plus garden shots (under HPS lighting, so will be difficult to see the colours of the bud properly. But for now, I need to sit off the 12oz burger I just ate!! :beach:  :pioneersmoke: