GtotheA

Has anyone tried to use vinegar or citric acid instead of those proffesional ph- solutions ?  From what i read the proffesional solutions can actually be worst than the natural methods. Other people say that even if you use any of those the water after 24-48 h will bring the ph back up. I guess people need this water for big hydro set ups that's why it has to be used for at least 24 hours in a row. Otherwise if coco or soil it's the time to get the chlorine out of the system with which we want to water the plant.

So my question is that when i'll be using a Brita filter to get rid of chlorine in a short time and quick after that i will lower the PH of the water for the plants with vinegar or citric acid and then i will water the plants i keep the PH stable ? or even if the water + vinegar solution will have good PH level,  some time after puring it into coco the PH of coco will come up beacuse the vinegar/ citric acid will putrefy ?

With regards Gouda.

I have tried the PH lowering with acid citric but not on long term it was just during few days, most of the ph down or up product have a really simple list of components, if you want to take one safe look at the etiquettes and make your choice ;) some just have acid citric in bottles with a name. So in the end i dont think it will poison you ;)

for the chlorine also if you dont have too much in your tap water it is not really necessary to get it all out, it is an important element for the cell vigor and most of the time it will help  a little, i know most people say always give 24h of air and blabla, this is more necessary to get the good temperature than to take away the chlorine of the water for me ;)

HAve a good grow man

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, so i will stick with the citric acid then. Oh yeah people are crazy about the 24 hours of air i heard/read about that a lot. I used to do the same thing, but now i thought of the Brita filter. After what You posted i think i will stick just to lowering the  PH to around 6 (dont have an PH measuring electric thing) and maybe when something will start looking not too good i will clear my water before watering. So another question anybody here used a water filter at any time ? and could post an answer about the results - i would really appreciate it. Ohhhh and can i ad the PH lowering things ( ph-,citric acid, vinegar) with powder feeding or mixing those 2 is a no no ? (by the way love the simplicty of PF and results it gives) I know that they lower ph by them selfs but when i cheked it today it wasn't enough for coco. I'm using hybrids pack and a shortflowering one.

Actually a lot of good opinions on vinegar on diffrent forums as PH doesn't go up with time as with citric acid. Still don't understand when and why it comes back up after a while though ? is it only when we leave the water solution in an opened container or even after watering, after some time the PH of medium is coming back? or is it the same with the proffesional PH- solutions and i should not get bothered by such stuff?

With regards Gouda