My 1st DWC Grow

BAZINGA!

Hi guys I'v just started a super lemon haze plant in a bubbler/DWC system, any info anyone can give me would help me a lot as iv only grown a couple of times and with mixed results.

Question 1. How long do I have to grow in the vegetive state before switching to flower if growing from seed?

Question 2. How much water do I need in my bucket while still a seedling?

Question 3. How much nutes if any do I need to feed a seedling in a DWC system?

Question 4. Do I still need to dry out my roots 3 times after flushing in a DWC system(extra oxygenated water from the airstone)?

Any and all info would help?

well  a really young seedling should be fed very very slow, if not fed at all, you can normally use for the first days germination boosters or roots booster that will help the root to develop, and after a few days put very low doses of nutrient, i usually always divide by 2 the minimum dose recommended by the Product brand, when your plant will have a a few set of leave you can start to increase a little the nutrient.

I am not a DWC user so i dont what the best EC's are exactly for this stage, try to check one of the grow journals of the forum to find some tips ;)

And for how long you need to veg, it depends what you are gonna do with the plant, SOG, SCROG, LST.. and also the height you have in your room, remember the SLH is mostly sativa and will have a good stretch on most phenos ;)

Have a good grow! And good luck dont hesitate to open a grow journal for your lady!

That's sweet dust, I'm going to be using the canna aqua range both veg and flour, I gave her a quarter dose of the veg just yesterday, she's rooting well in rock wool cube, I have to FIM and scrog her as my grow room is only 2x2x6 under a 200w cfl and also 2x50w warm led's, new on here and not sure how to start a journal cannot seem to put up pics from phone?

Ok I'll try on tablet to load some pics of my seedling noticed my night time temp dropped to 17'c I wonder is this too low and my day time temp is at 26'c would I need to get a heater in my grow room? R/H is 60-80% I added the recomended nutes for a seedling to my bucket as I was worried about not having enough from the water alone but I had to change it the next day as she started to show yellowing tips, root is doing well it has reached the bottom of the net pot and is just about suspended in the water I'm on day 11 from germination, can anyone suggest when to add nutes to the bucket and also has anyone tried to grow in a DWC using only mountain water or is that dangerous???

Hello Dessie, nah 17º is fine for your plants during the night, as long as you dont go much lower than 10º you should never have problem, what might slow them a little bit is if the diference between your night temps and day temps are too high. like if you have 20º diference between your 2 cycle, then it could be a problem,  from 26º to 17º you will not have a problem normally if you stay in these values.

Cheers

They are getting there ec 1.1 ph 6.0 canna aqua (veg stage 2) not sure what NPK is, roots are really going mental pics to come, water temp is worrying me as it gets up to 23'c during the day but took out the heater as night temps are only min 17' anyone know is it ok for the water to fluctuate this much?

post-35161-0-77414000-1410565151.jpg

post-35161-0-86526400-1410565236.jpg

Wasn't sure what is going on with the slh it firstly was coming out with twisted leaves, then it kinda wasn't wanting to grow upward just roots growing faster than the plant but still think it might be retarded I'm just not sure yet the roots are submerged now in the solution I think I had the water level too low will know more in a couple of days

post-35161-0-01112100-1410721782.jpg

post-35161-0-21710800-1410721845.jpg

Yeah just changed it on Thursday was running it on 1.1 for 3 weeks, I changed it to 1.8 cause it didn't seem like it was growing very well so thought it might need a bit more nute's seems to be taking quite well to it, you think it's too high dust? Thanks man.