NORTHERN LIGHTS & the Future!

NL Seattle Greg

''I would love to have patent rights on my new dwarf  disease resistant pepper''  and why do you think you deserve to patent it? you used pre breeded varietys that had the resistance...., so you admire what monsanto is doing with there patents as well? are you saying the people before you didnt have anything to do with the breeding of that peppers resistance?  or perhaps it just has natural resistance and you claim to own natures invention?

we all know you didnt go and get wild pepper varietys from jungle to make any new strains.... and even if you did you wouldnt have any right to patent the variety that is sick way to think about living things

your hero asked a fortune for rights to grow the plants he crossed, that just made the rich farmers richer and poor farmers poorer.... nice idol

you know the rich folks are doing same thing as we speak, the pharma and big agri company lobbyist are trying to get a list of plants under new law that requires 200 000€ herb licence for each herb species on there list thus pushingsmaller growers off the market who cant afford licence...

Aloha, You have your opinion and I have mine.  i consider your strange opinions to be worth what i paid. And who do you think you are you to tell me what kind of rights i have as a decorated Combat United States Marine with full rights under The Constitution and Bill of Rights?  Check it out sweetheart. Capsicum Dwarf Hurricane Purple soon to be patent pending.

post-7080-0-06740900-1410179628.jpg

• Like 1

wish I could just smell it and take just one seed:) beautiful garden and I just looove NL! did grow it outdoor on 1500m in forest and lets just say this, when everthing else died, NL thrived and bloomed amazing! wish you could come to our moutains and I to your lil'island ;)

peace

man

Wht a wonderful threat. You do great work . If you invest a lot of time and work to get an overall improved strain o whatever plant that brings fruit you do have a right to get compensation for that. We can argue about the details. How much , how long the patent is yours and what happens to the seeds from the plants you helped to improve but to say you just added a bit to mother' nature's creation and therefore anyone should be able to use your seeds for free is ridiculous . I am against what Monsanto etc. does by altering plants in a manner that they stop bringing forth new sweeds and getting a tm on a plant, that has been around for thousands of years by bullying out all natural phenotypes etc.

Anyway Hawaii is known for it's incredible rich soil and perfect climate for coffe, fruits and herbs. Like Jamaica once they push their little heads above the ground they don't stop grwing.

Perfect conditions as we can see in your garden !

I bought a High Timees magazine in 1979 with MR X gong to Hawaii and a bunch of pictures from half a dozen strains from a couple different islands, You are on the big island ?

Names like Puna Butter or Kuai electric come to my mind along with the more popular Mellow Yellow and others. I kept that mag for ages but it is finally gone.

What I like to know is are those strains still around - esp. the Butter and that speedy electric had a peculiar look and from the description they should be hBOMB.

'The butter melts your brain' 'smoking the electric is like putting cosmic energy into a light bulb. LOL

Once I had some Hawaiian Sensi iin Chicago. A guy got an ounce sent by mail. I had an ounce of good jamaican sensi and both buds were in the same league as I would say. They even looked a lot alike bud structure ise. The main difference was that the jamaican was moree pinkish(red while the Hawaiian was more purple/blueish...

Anyway I am sure the weed is still the bomb BUt like strainhunters do I am a sucker for those ol classic genetics.

The reason why strainhunters do not visit Hawaii is that the island is unnder US laws and they fear jail time or other problems with the law.

So we need you to elp preserve the fullness of the earth!

Respect

ONE

• Like 1

Wht a wonderful threat. You do great work . If you invest a lot of time and work to get an overall improved strain o whatever plant that brings fruit you do have a right to get compensation for that. We can argue about the details. How much , how long the patent is yours and what happens to the seeds from the plants you helped to improve but to say you just added a bit to mother' nature's creation and therefore anyone should be able to use your seeds for free is ridiculous . I am against what Monsanto etc. does by altering plants in a manner that they stop bringing forth new sweeds and getting a tm on a plant, that has been around for thousands of years by bullying out all natural phenotypes etc.

Anyway Hawaii is known for it's incredible rich soil and perfect climate for coffe, fruits and herbs. Like Jamaica once they push their little heads above the ground they don't stop grwing.

Perfect conditions as we can see in your garden !

I bought a High Timees magazine in 1979 with MR X gong to Hawaii and a bunch of pictures from half a dozen strains from a couple different islands, You are on the big island ?

Names like Puna Butter or Kuai electric come to my mind along with the more popular Mellow Yellow and others. I kept that mag for ages but it is finally gone.

What I like to know is are those strains still around - esp. the Butter and that speedy electric had a peculiar look and from the description they should be hBOMB.

'The butter melts your brain' 'smoking the electric is like putting cosmic energy into a light bulb. LOL

Once I had some Hawaiian Sensi iin Chicago. A guy got an ounce sent by mail. I had an ounce of good jamaican sensi and both buds were in the same league as I would say. They even looked a lot alike bud structure ise. The main difference was that the jamaican was moree pinkish(red while the Hawaiian was more purple/blueish...

Anyway I am sure the weed is still the bomb BUt like strainhunters do I am a sucker for those ol classic genetics.

The reason why strainhunters do not visit Hawaii is that the island is unnder US laws and they fear jail time or other problems with the law.

So we need you to elp preserve the fullness of the earth!

Respect

ONE

Aloha, I agree that Hawai'i is one of the best spots in the World for quality Cannabis Strains. We can only hope Arjan & Franco grow a pair before they get too old to fly?? I have an open invitation for Franco to try my 5 gram Chalice in top of Mouna Kea (14,000 feet elevation) to see if a flatlander can handle Primo Hawaiian Bud at elevation.

post-7080-0-63018400-1412371147.jpg

• Like 1

Aloha, I agree that Hawai'i is one of the best spots in the World for quality Cannabis Strains. We can only hope Arjan & Franco grow a pair before they get too old to fly?? I have an open invitation for Franco to try my 5 gram Chalice in top of Mouna Kea (14,000 feet elevation) to see if a flatlander can handle Primo Hawaiian Bud at elevation.

I love your thread and your plants but that is a bit of negative vibe. I mean yes some of their expeditions are risky, but in 3rd world places even if law is harsh you can either solve a problem with a bit of money or they won't want to destroy their tourist industry and if you are not citizen they will at worst kick you out. Same if you get robbed, usually you can reason even with violent criminals, most of the time those are poor people pushed to do this by life circumstances most likely they want your stuff not your life. However you can not reason with US government, they don't care where are you from or who are you or how much money you have. What they've done to Marc Emery or Mr. Nice is terrifying and some people do LIFE TIME for non violent marijuana crimes in US! Genetic you got there looks lovely but counterbalance of life in prison is massive down side. I am aware that most of US made massive progress since those things happen but you can not promise they won't try to make example out of another cannabis activist if they feel like. What they do is inhuman and it is way more scary then being robbed or caught in most of other places in the world.

• Like 3

I love your thread and your plants but that is a bit of negative vibe. I mean yes some of their expeditions are risky, but in 3rd world places even if law is harsh you can either solve a problem with a bit of money or they won't want to destroy their tourist industry and if you are not citizen they will at worst kick you out. Same if you get robbed, usually you can reason even with violent criminals, most of the time those are poor people pushed to do this by life circumstances most likely they want your stuff not your life. However you can not reason with US government, they don't care where are you from or who are you or how much money you have. What they've done to Marc Emery or Mr. Nice is terrifying and some people do LIFE TIME for non violent marijuana crimes in US! Genetic you got there looks lovely but counterbalance of life in prison is massive down side. I am aware that most of US made massive progress since those things happen but you can not promise they won't try to make example out of another cannabis activist if they feel like. What they do is inhuman and it is way more scary then being robbed or caught in most of other places in the world.

Aloha, I met Arjan many years ago. He is afraid of the USA today as he was before and I think he needs to grow a pair.  As an American who has many years experience on how things work in the USA despite the political pressure we brought the Northern Lights, (11 strains) Early Girl, Skunk #1, Haze , and the California Orange (Rob & Sam's Strains) the queen bees of modern cannabis breeding to the Netherlands a long time ago!! So now we are not  considered a mecca for quality Cannabis anymore??  Hawai'i is World class and the quality i see in the strainhunters videos is not in the same league as our primo Hawaiian product. So here I am smoking the best in the World and Franco & Arjan are not in the real strainhunting game because of fear????? I am a United States Marine who walked the valley of death 100 times before I was 19 years old at places we called unhappy valley and the street without joy. Franco seems to talk the talk about his days as a paratrooper is he scared of the USA too??

Aloha, I met Arjan many years ago. He is afraid of the USA today as he was before and I think he needs to grow a pair.  As an American who has many years experience on how things work in the USA despite the political pressure we brought the Northern Lights, (11 strains) Early Girl, Skunk #1, Haze , and the California Orange (Rob & Sam's Strains) the queen bees of modern cannabis breeding to the Netherlands a long time ago!! So now we are not  considered a mecca for quality Cannabis anymore??  Hawai'i is World class and the quality i see in the strainhunters videos is not in the same league as our primo Hawaiian product. So here I am smoking the best in the World and Franco & Arjan are not in the real strainhunting game because of fear????? I am a United States Marine who walked the valley of death 100 times before I was 19 years old at places we called unhappy valley and the street without joy. Franco seems to talk the talk about his days as a paratrooper is he scared of the USA too??

I understand your viewpoint man I myself grow up in place where for growing I could get 12 years and I know you don't think about it and take pride in what you do . Now I live in place that got way more liberal approach and it is massive relief and thinking about how it could end up for me in the past is terrifying. US strains and hybrids of those strains take places in many contests all over the world and no one denies quality especially looking at your plants, you take it too personal. Also I didn't hear them personally saying they won't go who knows maybe they will but there is definitely no need for bad vibe man. 

• Like 1