over 2,000 islands..

indo/man

• 4 months later...

it also has the death penalty for drug offenders.. i personally couldnt find any high grade stuff, and if you do its sure to be highly overprized..

indonesia is a good example of how repression only makes drugs gangsters richer and the average consumer poorer.

the same shitty charras you can buy in india for 50c/g will cost you 15 dollar in bali.

very sad.

Grtz

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 08/02/2015 at 2:12 PM, wutstock said:

it also has the death penalty for drug offenders.. i personally couldnt find any high grade stuff, and if you do its sure to be highly overprized..

indonesia is a good example of how repression only makes drugs gangsters richer and the average consumer poorer.

the same shitty charras you can buy in india for 50c/g will cost you 15 dollar in bali.

very sad.

Grtz

Couldnt agree more. I quite often see the crap local crew score at different ports ... I really wouldn't put Indonesian weed on any "worth being executed by firing squad" for list....

• And it's 17,000 Islands, a few must have gone missing :mda:

I like the idea of an Island Edition Strain Hunters. 

Pick several regions to island hop. 

There are more than one million islands on Earth so start in Fiji region and move about. There is one island in this region absolutely covered in pot with what looks to be maybe 500 inhabitants.

The landraces in these island regions are of the purest sativa with wispy leaves, airy white pistils, and high stimulant effects.

West of Chile also comes to mind as well as west of Mexico and west of Spain and south of India 

Also there is a chain of islands I will have to look up and post later that is known as the destination for Chinese tourists to smoke pot. I will havr to look it up later. Heaven on Earth and tons of mountainous micro islands chained together 

• Like 2

I am still researching for the chain of islands I researched some time ago and mentioned in my last post. The chain is significant because it's known as the most cannabis-friendly islands in the world.

Also The Solomon islands seems like another obvious destination with King Solomon and all

Very good idea, a lot of island in southern asia have been researched the last 20 years. The Caribbean maybe holding some secrets and around Indonesia to Australia there could be some undiscovered island. Mostly west papua is undiscovered because of the korowai people practice cannibalism and is very interesting to research. 

Sure would be interesting to see a old VOC ship go around the globe to discover new cannabis strains.

Hope they will pick it up from green house.

Theres only one old VOC ship in existance.......and shes way too uncomfortable to go around the world strain hunting on ;)

From my very brief experience looking around islands - Australia is not where you would start. Following the spread of maritime trade routes Id start in Taiwan. 

I am certainly not discussing riding on a ship or boat across the planet. We do live in the days of aircraft.

The islands in question are "Palau - an archipelago of over 500 islands"

The Federated States of Micronesia are also worth a trip.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Palau/@5.4348893,130.7997474,977772m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x328445b4a2af0399:0x12ed1edd39a1ebbb!8m2!3d7.51498!4d134.58252

• Like 1

Ahh we may live in days of aircraft, I just happen to prefer exploring ancient maritime trade routes and islands that don't have airports. 

I agree re Micronesia and Yap - it fits with the Taiwan theory (in that early man branched out from Taiwan exploring the trade routes dependant on tides) and recall Yap having some Nice herb but being all bent out of shape about seeing your knees...

id recommend to anyone riding across the planet in a ship or a boat - there's still thousands of islands out there we haven't bumped into yet. Not the most comfy or quickest way to travel admittedly. I've seen Islands born and Islands sink beneath the sea so will we ever have an exact count of the worlds Islands ? Temporarily maybe. 

Soloman Islands - which part? American Samoa will tell you loudly they have great smoke, however IMO samoan Samoa and one particular island stand out as having the best on offer through the island group. Uepi. 

Fiji - islands in the Yasawis or Bligh waters 

• 3 months later...

Hi, a quick follow-up.

Palau even contains a Wikipedia page entitled "Cannabis in Palau" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Palau

Cannabis in Palau is illegal, but reports indicate the drug is widely produced and consumed on the island nation. ... claims that Palau has the highest cannabis usage rates on the planet..... A 2011 WHO report, as well as the 2012 UN World Drug Report stated that Palau has the world's highest adult cannabis consumption rate, at 24.2% annually...... A 1989 American congressional hearing noted that Palau was exporting some 300 pounds of cannabis per week... (this explains my questions about Guam and FSM)

An International Monetary Fund report noted that Palauan marijuana farmers produced for local consumption, and also exported cannabis to Guam and the Federated States of Micronesia.[5]... 

By the 1980s, cannabis had become the most valuable export crop of Palau.[6]

BBC Article -

'Palau: Is it the world's cannabis capital?'

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-18736585

"Marijuana in Palau: Where It is Illegal But Tolerated"

https://www.pacificnote.com/single-post/2017/03/14/Marijuana-in-Palau-Where-It-is-Illegal-But-Tolerated

“You can  buy a stick for $5.”

Anyone who smokes pot in Palau knows where to go to get high. Marijuana remains illegal in Palau, but it does not exactly take a detective to find its distinct odor around Koror.

Will follow up more later. Peace

• 4 months later...