Jamaican ganja

Scottywils

Need some feedback people ive im in two minds about some seeds ive managed to get hold of, basiclly someone went to jamaica (lucky bastard) and brought back some seeds, i dont know what the hell the strain is..... But im guna grow it anyway. Ive got nine germinating now and im thinking about banging em staight under 12/12, has anyone grown any stains straight from jamaica ? If so id luv to hear how it went i could do with a heads up before i get theses babies blooming.

Peace out home dogs !

I brought back some weed from Jamaica with a couple seeds innit and a good friend of mine just collected them and sowed them outdoors in harsh climate at 500 meter height, he came back to see if and what happened to them in autumn (I came back in may 1981) and could actually find a couple little plants not much higher than the grass in the meadows around - that's why they made it I guess. Anyway I did not see those plants BUT he contacted me next time I was around in autumn and showed me a few buds. They looked exactly like the stuff I found in Jamaica and the taste and high was as fantastic as the original jamaican weed. He told me that the folowiuing year the weed was less good BUt for 1 generation you can expect the same basic structure/taste/effect as the mother of those seeds. Due to jamaica being close to the tropics the days and nights are around the same length. 12/12 - so the seeds are used to be grown in 12/12 unless it is an imported strain or grown indoors with artificial lights.

Back in 81 the seeds were all jamaican, now you get all siorts of high grades and hybrids.

Just grow them out as any other seed. Give them 2 weeks under NEON 18/6 then put them into flowering spectrum 12/12 and see what happens.

Good luck and show us a few pix from that good goog ganja please !

Nice one man apriciate the comms, ive got em in jiffy plugs at mo in propagator i checked this morn and three have split so will probs have em under light by tomoz, im guna put em staight under 12/12 i think then choose the best 4 to put in 15l pots. Soon as they sprout ill get some pics up and keep ya updated you might recognize what it is when its buds start to form.

It was my old man that brought em back, this was couple of year ago and he grew em in his conservatory, it had obvious sativa charactoristics (tall, long thin leaves, whispy buds) it grew in excess of 2.5m and had a long bloom time, it had a stong lemony smell to it but tasted more like pepermint offering a real uplifting high.

Im used to growing indicas, chemdog is a fav of mine, the sound of a short flowering period and a serious body stoned is music to my ears. This will be the first time ive grown a sativa its just a shame its an unkown strain but it should be interesting to see how it grows im just slighty worried about the bloom time, sativas are notorius for there lenghty flower period.

Indeed, the original jamaican Sensi / Sativas were planted after the winter, to benefir from the rainy season starting after easter - mid april, mai/june then in summer rainfall is steady with September and October being the real wet months. So usually reaping time on a great scale was after the rain stopped for the winter / tourist season. The first good weed was available end of october and all over november. Longer cured or later planted/longer flowering strains appeared till february. The best i ever smopked was a real pink sensi saved from February I got in august. 'Too good for you.. was the comment. So yeah 3 to 4 months Veg and 4 to 6 monthss flowering was not uncommon in those days but gladly all that changed with the SKUNK invasion in the early to mid eighties with 3 to 4 harvests per year and a non stop supply all year round. In July/August you could have problems finding the real Sensi (at least in larger amounts) or with prices up to 100 US dollars per ounce. now you can get 3 or 4 ounces of High Grade for that if you find a real good dealer..

Hard to say how long your ganja needs but expect 14 weeks like the real HAZE. If it got more Indica influences 12 weeks may be enough. If you put them under 12/12 frm seed that ain't going to be that long..

• Like 1

"WE HAVE LIGHT!!! " well you'll be pleased to know 5 of the nine have emerged from a soily slumber and are reaching for the stars! Its a great day for maruajana lovers, five more herbal superstars are alive and will be blessing the lungs of many ganj guru's in no time.

My old man got the seeds in december but dont know how or when it was grown, with them not being feminized im hoping there are females present as these nine are the last of the origonal seeds he brought back. There not doing to bad at mo, seed caps are still holding on but im guna let it work its way off, i would of put a pic up but to be honest its not that exciting at the minute. I havent decided on a gowing technique for this grow yet, ive scrogged in the past with great results and ive topped everytime but im thinking about leaving these to grow without topping and removing lower branches early on then bending each plant over from the corner of the grow room into the middle as to keep the long main colas low and just try and pack as much as i can onto one fat cola. My grow room is only 120x80x180 hence why im thinking of negotiating these plants to fit as snug as possible. When my old man grew these seeds it grew much like the breath-taking Hawian snow but i only seen it in its final stages of growth and this was outdoor, well in a conservatory but still under raw sunlight , im only using a 400watter but might put anonther over later on in the growth when bud formation is of substantial mass, anywayz ill get some pics up when its true leaves are out ..... Shudnt be to long now

All five have opened up there cotyledons now but the other four are taking a bit to get going i should of soaked them a bit more to be fair, theres a strong purple tint to this one in the pic, the others are similer but not as vivid.

Let us know what ya think.

Peace

Spot on dust! I cant wait to see how the buds develop so i can recognize it as something, there doing orite under a 400w, the true leaves are out but are really short and fat i thought they would be long and thin but it might be cos i put em straight under a hps bulb. Ive rubbed the leaves to see if there is a sent ant it is a really sweet smell not like the chemdog i grew wich was really deep weed smell, ill get a pic up later they sleeping at mo.

Peace out mutha funkers!

• Like 1