15% THC as a maximum?

Dr3@m

There is a project to regulate the amount of THC (15% Max) for the plants, what do you think about this ? Stupid, good idea, whatever?! I'm asking to myself either... (Different countries are dealing with this question such as Uruguay, and recently the Dutch government discussed the topic).

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it will happen. How they going to test it all , unless the government regulate the supply to the coffeeshops it's going to be a major effort to Police any new laws . To put strong cannabis in the same category as Cocaine and Heroin is absolutely ridiculous

It would be to expensive to maintain and control. It's not like they come and check the wine you make at home. Sure it might work for medicinal and recreational shops. But in the end it will be allowed to grow at home. And that would be impossible to check.

And another thought... what would stop people from buying 15% weed and make som BHO?

• 5 months later...

Prohibition didn't work.  It created a market.

Passing laws that prohibit plants having greater than 15% THC will simply encourage enthusiasts to begin demanding higher concentrations.  Breeders world-wide would compete for that market.  And there are a lot of breeders in the world.

If A-dam prohibited the higher concentrations, that would be like shooting themselves in the knee.