A little cheese, please

andyGROW

My current grow is a month old so I'll get things up to date. I'm growing four of the cheese.

I germinated five seeds using a glass of water. They got planted straight into 11l pots once the tap roots were about 5mm.

This I think is where my first problem occurred, I think that I might have damaged the tap root on one of the plants. It took an extra week to break through the soil( I had nearly given up on it when it finally broke through).

The first pic shows the plants( all 5) after 16 days. After this was taken I decide to sacrifice the little one to give the others more light and space. I also topped the remaining 4 plants as I didn't want them to get to tall.

The second pic shows the 4 remaining plants a week after being topped at about 23 days old. I swapped them over to a flowering light cycle 2 days later. A very short veg but I didn't want them to get to tall at the end. They had 6 nodes and reached 40cm when I changed the light cycle.

The last pic is the 4 plants after 4 days on 12/12 and they are still bushing out and stretching a little. They are at about 4 weeks. The first signs of flowering are beginning although it is hard to see in the pic.

The plants are in biobizz light-mix, I'm us biobizz root/grow/bloom/topmax. For watering I pH to 6-6.5 .They veg'd on 18/6 with 400w metal halide. For flowering I use a 600w hps. The temps are high but there is no sign of stress in the plants yet so fingers crossed. Their home is a 1m2 tent.

post-35667-0-74060000-1414424866.jpg

post-35667-0-32562600-1414424882.jpg

post-35667-0-29325400-1414424924.jpg

• Like 1

Nice healthy cheese ! I don't see any ventilation. What types are you using ? The high temps can be reduced with a Spreader under a Spread a Wing or using a Cool tube. Another way would be blowing the air of a clip fan directly towards the lamb 

• Like 1

Finally got rid of a crappy piece of ducting joining the fan to the filter. Replaced it with a fast clamp.

Along with clearing a new space for the tent to shorten the duct run and reduce bends I've dropped the temps by about 5oC, now running at a much more flower friendly 25-27oC

post-35667-0-12247000-1415147359.jpg

post-35667-0-46274300-1415147379.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the girls is suffering from a phosphorus deficiency.

I'm pretty certain that this is caused by temperature swings. It's getting cold during the day when the lights are off, no heating on in the room where the plants are.

I've closed the window to raise the temp in the room, but that will raise the temp in the tent as well...

And suck all heat out of my already cold apartment... :fie:

post-35667-0-58750400-1416435155.jpg

Hello Man thanks for sharing your cheese with us :) Just coming back from  a trip and glad to see some new grows ;)

They look good except the last pic of the leaf, did you test the running off of your water check if your values are ok? Biobizz is very nice nutrient but you need to do regular flushes from my experience with it if you dont want too much salts building up. Next time you water try to collect some water from the bottom of the pot and measure it to see the diference with the water you introduced before.

Have a good grow :)

• Like 1