Auto purple kush from Buddha Seeds

iosis

just about to begin another grow of Auto-flowering Purple Kush from Buddha seeds. had five seeds, put them all on to germinate, and from the way things look right now, all five have germinated.
they were placed in between folded paper towel (as i did in my last grow journal as well), two days ago. now four of the five have first root sprouting from seed by about 1 CM, the other seed, has merely cracked, and no root is actually protruding from the seed casing yet. i think another day and it should be a bit further out.
They will be potted, sometime tomorrow, in to 12liter square pots using Canna Coco as the growing medium, and more than likely canna coco nutrients A&B. they will be grown in a tent for possibly the first two weeks of their lives and then their environment will be getting upgraded. to begin with though, they will be put in a tent with a 12" oscillating fan, a 125rvk with carbon filter attached, and a 600W HPS using a pure sodium bulb. some people may argue the case for using a MH bulb for the first few weeks, or indeed just a dual spectrum throughout the entire time. i have a pure sodium bulb, and i expect these plants will begin to flower within two weeks, and from what i hear, they may take anywhere from 70, up to 90 days, so they may become rather large and i don't want that, so using a sodium bulb wont encourage too much foliage growth in the first two weeks, before it turns to flower and requires other part of the lights spectrum.
i will try and post pics of progress as it all goes along. i have no idea of what to expect from these plants as i've only done automatics once before, and it was an 8 weeks auto, which i knew what to expect from. i have no idea with this. if anyone has any experience with auto's which can run 90 days, please let me know what you know. also, as always, anyone have questions about anything, feel free to ask and i'll try my best to answer.
i'll try to update this as much as i can. i hoped to update my last grow journal at least twice a week, but its sort of dropped to once a week right now. i'll try to update this when i update my others as well.
Peace!

• Like 3

all five seeds have now been temporarily potted in to small 2"-3" pots. some are almost poking above the surface of the coco, but two seem to be slower than the other three, and they haven't shown anything on the surface yet. i have their future environment already established waiting for them to be introduced but for the time being, the five of them are sitting around the edges of my money maker pots in another tent. purely to save electricity more than anything else. once they poke above the surface, they will be moved to be alone. they will also be getting re-potted as soon as i can get some more perlite, which should hopefully be tomorrow.
i'll keep updating whenever anything changes

• Like 1

Thanks man. I've never used Buddha seeds before but have heard good things about them from other people as well. i only really bought them because they are purple, and then i realized they aren't truly as fast as they like to claim they are. could take up to 90 days, but fingers crossed it will be quicker than that.
as always though, i'll be keeping things up to date as much as i can here for the world to see ;)

• Like 2

well, almost a week for these babies now, and tbh, not much progress can be documented for considering the inconsistent environment they've been in. they are all still stuck in the smallest of pots (approx 3") and the are mostly between 2-3" tall. i have one which seems to have stopped growing from the seed as well, but it may still recover, i'm staying hopeful for the time being. within a week, they should all be getting re-potted and possibly moved to another grow space depending on the spaces available.
they aren't even really worth photographing at the time being they are still so small, and tbh, i'm losing a little interest in them due to some timing issues i'm now encountering. namely, i need things done quickly. i have limited space for things, and i'm possibly going to have to put these things in to a flowering tent on a 12/12 cycle. i'm not sure how they will even cope, however i have had some auto's in the past, work to a reasonable standard under 12 hours of light. i will try and stay hopeful for the time being anyway. no point in worrying over something that may never even become a real problem in the first place. i will try to update this once i managed to get things re-potted and my environment stabilized

• Like 1

Good luck with small, mate.

We hope everything goes well and cogan a solid pace, good growth.

I recommend a little caution, if not automatic grow in the first weeks, then they will not. I have often seen such problems with automated, I do not want desilucionarte only warn you.

Greetings!  :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice. i appreciate it. to be honest, i'd be very happy if these didn't work as auto's anyway, as it would work better with the limited space i have if i could just put them all in the one large flowering area on a 12/12 cycle. they look okay so far though, just a bit gutted i still can't re-pot them in to their larger pots yet due to lack of coco. need to get it sorted ASAP
seems i have only four of the plants left now as well, looks like one of the seeds never popped above the surface level of the coco. one is also showing some signs of being considerably slower than the other ones, perhaps it is stunted in some way, time will tell. anyway, i look forward to seeing what i can get from them

• 6 years later...
On 11/19/2014 at 5:57 PM, iosis said:

Thanks man. I've never used Buddha seeds before but have heard good things about them from other people as well. i only really bought them because they are purple, and then i realized they aren't truly as fast as they like to claim they are. could take up to 90 days, but fingers crossed it will be quicker than that.
as always though, i'll be keeping things up to date as much as i can here for the world to see ;)

On 11/19/2014 at 5:57 PM, iosis said:

Hey man I recently planted one of the buddha purple kush and it's been 45 days and my plant is still a baby doesn't have big leaf got me worried is that normal? If not what am I doing wrong ? Any tips? Plz help!

Guys I have grown the PKA from Buddha seeds several times

I recommend 20/4 light schedule throughout the grow this helps to ensure a quicker grow.  

Usually 2-3 weeks from seed they start to change to flowering usually growth slows even seems to almost stop for a few days then it will begin to flower and usually flowers for 8-9 weeks depending on light levels, temperature, over/underwatering etc

Definitely always kept a good check on the tricombs

In optimum conditions this strain usually finishes in 11 weeks from seed.

My favorite pheno is the short compact indica dominant.     Looking forward to your results 😁