Germination problems............

nirvana76

Hello.

After a little 'break I'm back, hoping that this new year be more' favorable to my free time ....

I wanted to start the winter season growing with 3 seeds Medical Seeds, Canadian Kush and 3 seeds of Mendocino Purple Kush ..

As I did long ago, was doing so 'germination: a night to soak the seeds in a glass of water, in the morning I found them all thoroughly and put them stra two sheets of absorbent paper in a humid food container closed above radiator.

Two three seeds have sprouted the rootlets of half a centimeter. others not.

Cosi 'I put the same all 6 seeds in 6 cubes of rock wool moist, in Propagator Serretta under two neon 18 watt light blue-white.

Now are from Friday 'that aspect but still do not see anything tick.

This I was already 'happened in the past because I was starting out this work with cannabis.

I can not understand the errors, if they are mine or not.

Give me a help guys, I'm regaining the whole setup of cultivation, but if I can not 'even a seed to germinate ....: - (((

Thank you and hello.

Simon.

I have been thinking of what would be better just putting the seed in soil/coco or in a rock wool cube noticed they go off balance in rockwool cubes have to have a go    ,plus I have found that planting seed with rough white bit facing down have a better start so the  taproot doesn't go up  get burnt 

i dont like using rockwool cubes for seeds.. pretty much the same way to germinate, thats standard.. but then i just put them some potting mix.. or usually ill make my own blend of seedraising mix to put them in.

the advantage of this is you dont need any hydroponic nutrients for a while, just water, the nutrients are in the worm castings..

then if they have to go into hydroponics when theyre about 2-3sets of leaves ill dig them out and wash the soil off and transplant into hydroponics.. you could also use jiffy pots (coco pucks)

ofc if you use jiffy pots you might need to use a weak nutrient solution after they have thier first set of true serated leaves

the seed raising mix i use is 1 part perlite 1 part sawdust(chunky, like from a chainsaw) and 2 parts seived worm castings.

what you might have done is broken the tap root while stuffing them into the cubes.. theyre fragile, and this is the down fall of germinating in paper towel.. over just waking them in soil like a normal seed, liek you would for , say, tomatoes. Need to be super carefull while handling them for transplanting not to damage that tiny tap root in any way.

Yop, Most of the time on the website when people have problem germinating seeds, the temps are involved as well, make sure the environment around the seeds is at least at 24 25º in the air, and the water you give to humidify should always be at ambiant temps as well around 22º, and usually like this even old seeds with time break, for some seeds it can take longer up to a week, and usually in the end the genetic is a little bit slow, but some keepers can come out who knows ;)

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I like a combo of  peat flushed thoroughly with 7.0 - 6.5 pH water and allowed to dry to the level of a well wrung out sponge then combined with an equal amount of vermiculite (not perlite ) due to its moisture holding properties.  ( KNOW THE DIFFERENCES ) Soil should be around 70-80 F.

during the 2nd moistening I might add a drop or 2 or root stimulator to the water with which I moisten the medium in the cells (1/4 strength or so) seeds seem to pop up a few days sooner with this trick However  YMMV.

I personally use have begun utilizing a covered hot house which includes a heating pad that heats the cells to 80 - 85 F

many of these gizmos are available at most any hydro website.

The best tip I can give you is not to sweat or over think it too much.

Nature has a way of taking care of itself despite our best efforts :pickeat:

However, heres a good knowledge base for more tips on propagation   http://blog.wormsway.com/?cat=49

So heres my pennies worth

keep it simple

all I do is half fill a small glass with tap water (7-7.5ph), then pop the seeds into the water them into a cupboard

purely to keep them out of sight until theres a small root development usually 2-3mm, and then plant and wait to sprout.

So heres my pennies worth

keep it simple

all I do is half fill a small glass with tap water (7-7.5ph), then pop the seeds into the water them into a cupboard

purely to keep them out of sight until theres a small root development usually 2-3mm, and then plant and wait to sprout.

Yeah you could also add a few drops of diluted Kelp solution to the water , and then pre-moisten the substrate with a dilute solution of same.