Southern Nevada 2015 going for a 15 foot plant......

Piper Green

2015 is going to be another big year for cannabis and the USA....we have so much momentum now, the truth and the facts are out in the open....i hope that the good outweighs the bad....tax,regulation and the number one killer "GREED" may want to try and force me to not grow..right..

So anyway here is what i have for my 2015 outdoor grow...

legal limit: 12

strains : Sativa dominant because i am going for size and yield...why? you might ask...because the nevada MM law allows me a one time sell to a legal dispensary so, if i can only do it once than i want to maximize it...so this is my start....

Pics: 1. I have dug 12 of these 38"x38" holes to place 100 gallon smart pots in...this desert soil is not any good until it has been amended composted top soiled and 100% changes...in other words it sucks....so, foxfarms it is...so here is the fun stuff....i started 12 indoors to supplement the winter break and had a setback and lost half at 2 weeks into flower....the other half got spider mites....i never have them outside but the girls got um. so, i said fuck it, i will restart veg and see what happens so now i have 6-6 foot plants back into veg and i am going to plant them outside...it will be close, it is still winter...so, fingers crossed....

post-23938-0-61720700-1421856651.jpg

post-23938-0-26422200-1421856656.jpg

• Like 7

talk about trauma OM fukn G!! branches, leaves snapping and twisting and breaking and breaking! lol....wow this is going to be a trip...if any thing survives i will be amazed...so here what i have going on...

so, i have moved the 5 plants outside into this big galvanized water tank, they are in 15 gallon smart pots, i tied up all the stalks and branches. i had to cut off some...the outside temp will be at freezing tonight...i have a heat light placed low and covered with straw...

i won't sleep tonight. 

post-23938-0-74402100-1421888389.jpg

post-23938-0-42399600-1421889164.jpg

• Like 2

great to see you back for another round and bigger this time :D The plans sounds great and cant wait to see how this will end up ;) I hope like planeed, with huge sativa ladies!

Have a good grow man they looked great in the indoor already.

• Like 1

Oh it was ugly this morning....i doubt my 15 footer is in here....this is a horrible waste! i may be starting my journal over in about 30 days.......the 36 degrees is after the sun came up...it was down to 28 if any of these girls survive and than survive 115 in july well, i would say that this is one TUFF landrace.....peace

post-23938-0-47801900-1421953338.jpg

post-23938-0-63620300-1421953344.jpg

post-23938-0-05961500-1421953367.jpg

• Like 1

Well sad to see her like this but yet she isnt dead ;) There are few things that i would change, lke the galvanized pot, this is not good in my opinion, first because it will keep a lot of heat and transfer it to the roots and they will sufocate for sure, and then with the water and erosion and shit, who knows what this could be releasing in your soil :rabbi:  So yeah first i would change the pots and see how she does like this, and also as they are really big pots maybe you should make few holes there and there to bring some oxygen to your soil, it will help the roots too. I have seen some people make holes and push some small tubes of various into the soil to make a direct ventilation into the middle of the ball, dont know f its worth it but its worth trying maybe ;)

Good luck man

• Like 2

So here is the new plan,  Hermetic Genetics Medford Or. USA has given me an opportunity to sample some of the new Nevada MM genetics, if any of these sound familar please let me know..

Grow size: 12 plants nevada's legal limit

Grow period: 200+ outdoor days 

Genetics: Purple Sherbet, Purple Cinex, Oregon Apples, Cascadia #2 and OR-7

I will do two seedling starts....here is some real cool information...i will be able to have them lab sexed just days after the seeds pop....a 2 day turn time.  saving time and money right off the bat....

I hope that it is cool that i mention where the seeds came from...i am compelled to represent since i can't get GHS here in Nevada.  I will start germinate tomorrow and will post pics when they pop....peace.

post-23938-0-52562600-1422677555.jpg

• Like 4

Well it will be nice to see what those american strains will do :) And dont worry about mentioning names as long as it is not to sale something you can name everything you want ;)

im curious babout the cost for the sex testing? what is it? And do you do it as particular or as profesional?

Have a good germination!

• Like 1

Nice its pretty expensive! And what kind of results do you have only THC CBD or full cannabinoid and terpene profile?

GHS for its testing is using a chromatograph so they get the full range of components.

• Like 1

Pff i think i was completely stone this morning, i've written its pretty expensive instead of pretty cheap, and then i forgot we were talking about sexing hahahaha, not to myself, no Ice joint in the morning xD

• Like 1

Nice thread man!

I know it is never easy, specially outdoors where all you can do is get used to it... but, I think those girls were not too old to use some pesticide on them. Buds were just about to form, and most of these materials would have broken down till harvest. Didn't see it from close ofc, but as you are legal, i guess it didn't take you very long their presence in the growroom. And maybe not 100% medical quality, but good recreational you still could have got, or a big pile of hash in the worst case.

But as you decided to move them out I was just wondering if all know that night temps drop significantly in deserts, why did u not get a small greenhouse. You could have got big enough for those girls for 50 maybe 100 $. Ofc they wouldn't last long, and the first strong wind could bend and twist them, but if you tie it a bit here and there, a few weeks they will surely make, and they r just enough to keep enough heat in, specially if you maybe place in a few hotwater baloons.

Good luck for the restart, will be nice to fallow! 

Keep us posted!

Peace

• Like 1

pics kinda roll like this

1.    germinating

2.    72 hrs after seeds pop i drop them in some nice seedling soil 

3 & 4.   3-5 days in bio dome 

5.    grow site prep total area 20' x 50' with 12 holes with 40" diameter  and 4' deep. big enough to use  100 gallons smart pots, which by the way is the biggest expense for me this year!  SOIL...i am using 100% ocean forest 

6. yesterday 2-14-2015 did first transplant to small pots, this will be it until mid march... 

thanks for the input so far and i hope this is a good tread for my friends here at strain hunters....peace

post-23938-0-00207000-1424026679.jpg

post-23938-0-10879500-1424026727.jpg

post-23938-0-36068400-1424026761.jpg

post-23938-0-45653300-1424026788.jpg

post-23938-0-22516100-1424026818.jpg

post-23938-0-79641700-1424026847.jpg

• Like 3